The Rise & Fall of O'Hare

Corrupted

Ann gave her family one last smile before leaving the room. The man the let her in followed a few steps behind her. Once in her car she pulled out of the parking lot and headed towards the police station.

"You're not the only person I know that works in the police department, Ann." Her dad's words rang through her head. Ann should have known that her dad had a cop on his pay roll, seeing how corrupt the city was. Otherwise the mob would have been put out of business a long time ago.

But who? Ann asked herself.

Ann parked her care on the side of the police station in her regular spot. The police station was a two storied building located a few blocks from the court house. The first level was reserved for the uniformed police officers. There they did bookings and held the criminals. The second floor was for the special units. The detectives that investigated the crimes.

Once Ann reached the second floor, she walked over to her desk and put down her purse and took her jacket off. A few minutes later her partner, Jeff Parker, walked in.

Jeff was 28, and beautiful. His eyes were a piercing bye, his shaggy hair was a black with natural brown highlights. He was funny, smart, and he knew when to talk and when to shut up, which Ann founded out that a lot of people don't know. His looks and charm came in handy when they had interrogate female suspects. Ann and Jeff had been partners for about two years. They worked very well together.

"Hiddy hoe neighbor Joe." Jeff said when he spotted Ann. Ann just smiled, he said that everyday. As Jeff sat down at the desk next to Ann's, Lt. Brady McCarthy walked out of his office.

Lt. Brady McCarthy was man in his late forties. His brown had small strands of gray in it. He was a father of two and he spent half his time at work.

"I have a case for you two." Brady said as he had Ann an folder.

"What is it?" ask Jeff, looking up from his cup of coffee.

"Double homicide on the east side, no suspect, no witness that we know." replied Brady.

"Sounds like fun." said Jeff happily.