The Rise & Fall of O'Hare

North Wood

"So, what's the file say?" Jeff asked as they drove towards the East side. Jeff always drove. He was a much better driver than Ann, especially in high speed chases.

"The victims are Daniel Ritter, 23, and Amy Gunner, 21. Both died from gunshots to the chest. A 9mm. All valuables are missing. Looks like a mugging gone bad." Ann said reading the police report. "There is one witness. Charlotte Lewis, 76, heard two gunshots from her apartment which overlooks the street. You wanna go talk to her first."

"Yea, sure......Do you mind if we stop and get coffee first." Jeff asked, almost pleading.

"Yea. The old lady probably isn't even awake yet. You wanna get donuts too?" Ann joked.

Jeff laughed, "Actually, I am pretty hungry." He flashed his brilliant smile. "Long's Cafe?"

"Long's Cafe." Ann agreed. Long's Cafe was a little restaurant in North Wood, a small suburb on the northeast side. North Wood was a middle class neighbor. The houses in North Wood were your typical two story, four bedroom, three bathroom. The crime rate was very low in North Wood. The worst crime ever committed there was about twenty years ago. A house wife discovered that her lawyer of a husband was having an affair with one of his clients. So one day she followed him to 'work', sat in her car until the young and blond client arrived in her short red dress. The wife then followed the lady instead and shot her and her cheating husband four times each. The wife was sentenced to five in years in White Oaks Women's Correctional Facility. After that was on parole for an five years. After that the worst crime in North Wood was the occasional hit and run.

Long's Cafe was located on the corner of Monroe Avenue and Charles Lane. Jeff parallel parked the car in a spot that Ann would never be able to park in. Ann had a feeling that by doing this Jeff was mocking her. They got out of the perfectly parked car and walked into the now unbusy Long's Cafe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anyone notice the names of the streets.....