When You Came Along

News

After school Alisa walked home. The bleeding had stopped, but there was a thick layer of dried blood circling her nose and mouth. She would have to clean it off when she got home, before her mother found out what happened. She slowly unlocked the door and creeped up the stairs. She looked left and right to make sure that the coast was clear then tiptoed into the bathroom.

Her face was a mess. No wonder why everyone in class was looking at her funny. They looked at Tony to, disapproval in there eyes, like Eric said, you never hit a girl. Alisa laughed internally at all the trouble this had caused Tony. He’d probably be suspended from school for at least a week. She did feel kind of sorry for Eric though, but then again it's not like they were friends or anything.

After her face was clean, she dumped her bag in her bedroom and headed downstairs. "Mum?" she called.

"I'm in the dinning room sweetie," she called back; "we need to talk."

Talk, what's that all about, It must be serious if she's using the dining room, thought Alisa. She walked slowly through the kitchen and into the dinning room. "Yeah mum?" she asked.

"Sit down Alisa," her mum said, "I have some news."

"Okay," Alisa sat then faced her mum with curiosity.

"Well, lets see, where should I begin? Oh, yes. Well, Alisa, as you know it's been almost eight years since you father passed on."

Alisa nodded, where was she going with this?

"And well, during that time, I, uh..." her mum stumbled and didn't finish the sentence.

"Just get on with it mum," Alisa sighed, exasperated.

"Okay, okay. I'm dating again!"

Alisa’s mouth dropped open in a silent 'o', not believing her ears. At the look of happiness on her mothers face though she quickly regained composure.

Her mum's smile faltered, "You don't like it? Oh I knew I should have waited longer to tell you." she sighed.

"No, no, mum. It's fine. It’s great, I'm really happy for you. You should be moving on with your life. Don’t let me get in your way."

"Oh, honey," she stood up and ran to her child, picking her up in rib cracking hug.

"Mum, I-can't-breath," Alisa said in between gasps.

"Oh, sorry," her mum said and loosened her grip, "thank you Alisa, this means the world to me. Now he's coming for dinner tonight, so i want you in your best cloths. Okay? And be down by five thirty to help me set the table," her mum rambled.

"Okay mum, don't worry. It'll be great."

Her mum beamed and walked of into the kitchen. "Oh and did I mention he has a son! And he goes to your school to! Isn't that lovely, you two will be the best of friends. He’s not coming tonight though. He has football training at six thirty, but I’m sure you'll meet him eventually."

Alisa left through the other door and followed the living room through to the hallway, mum's got a new boyfriend... wow. She headed up stairs and turned on her laptop.

Alisa had been six when her father died, she didn't remember him very well, but she new that he was the best dad ever. No amount of boyfriends could ever take his place. She sighed. She signed into xanga.com as ‘littleweirdo_x’ and started blogging.

So today I got hit on the head with a tennis ball and some ass punched me in the face. My nose started bleeding and I looked like a freak for a while.

I got home and my mum told me that she had a new boyfriend and that he's coming over for dinner tonight. I doubt I'll like him, Let alone the son he apparently has.

I doubt I've even met the kid. There are like what? A thousand people who go to my school all of which I only know fifty. Oh well, I’ll keep you posted on how the dinner goes. Who knows, he might we one of those suck up boyfriends that likes to give me stuff.

That’s all for now, littleweirdo_x.


(***************)

Tony sat in the vice principal’s office waiting. Finally he heard voices coming form outside and the door swung open.

“Ahh, Tony I see you made it here,” she said.

“Yeah, can we just get this over and done with I have footy training at six thirty,” Tony said, bored.

“Well, that is just going to have to wait,” she snapped at him, “I think one weeks suspension will be enough and of course an apology.”

“One week!” Tony gawped. that’s way too much, I mean she did deserve it, tony thought.

“Yes,” said the vice principal, “One week and an apology, unless you want to make it two?”

“No, no, one week’s fine,” Tony grumbled.

“Yes, I thought so, now run along I’m busy,” she waved him off.

Tony jumped out of his seat and practically ran to the door. As soon as he was out of the building he pelted home, swinging his bag onto his back. He had to get home for dinner of else he’d miss footy training. Tony ran all the way home, not even stopping for cars. He almost banged the door down before his father finally opened it.

“Son? Why are you home so late?” his father asked, he looked all dressed up.

“Oh, no reason,” Tony huffed, “just got held up at school, I’ll explain later. He ran through the door and straight down the hall to his room. He dropped his school bag on the floor and quickly changed into his footy uniform. Rushing back into the hall he passed his very confused dad, “What’s for dinner dad?”

“Leftover’s,” said his dad, following Tony into the kitchen, “it’s in the microwave. just set it to two minutes.”

Tony ran to the microwave and started pounding it with his fingers, “Thanks dad.”

“No problem son. Hurry up and eat or you’ll be late for footy training,” his dad warned,

“I know, I know, just let me eat,” Tony said. He scoffed down his dinner then quickly brushed his teeth as was custom in the house. He grabbed a clean pair of clothes from his wardrobe and stuffed them in his sports bag. He rushed to the front door where his father was waiting for him. “Okay, I’m ready,” he stopped to catch his breath.

“Okay, lets go,” his father ushered him out the door and into the car.

“Now son, I have some news,” his father said as soon as they were on the road.

“Yeah, dad? What?” Tony asked.

“Well this may come as a bit of a shock, but…I’ve started dating again.”

“Whoa, dad. That’s big, is she hot?” Tony asked.

“Well of course but, Tony!” his dad said slapping him on the back of the head.

“What?” Tony defended, sticking his hands out in front of him.

“Anyway, she’s invited me to dinner tonight, to see her home and meet her daughter. Did I mention she had a daughter? She’s around your age to.” he nudged him.

“Yeah, so?” Tony asked.

“Well,” his dad sighed, “don’t worry about it. Anyway if all goes well tonight, then I may just invite her over here, which means that your going to have to be on you best behaviour, got that?”

“Yeah dad sure, I wouldn’t dream of messing this up for you. But can you drive faster?!” he asked.

“Oh yeah, of course.”

His dad dropped Tony off with two minutes to spare. Tony used this time to think, wow…dad’s got a new girlfriend, maybe they’ll get married and I might get a new mum. A better one. One that won’t leave me for some truck driver? thought Tony.

(***************)

“Alisa! That’s the doorbell, can you get the door?” Alisa’s mum called from the kitchen.

“Sure mum,” Alisa called from the dinning room where she was putting out cutlery. She headed to the door, here it goes and she swung the door open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa, 1,347 words. This was a really long chapter for me and took ages to write
Hope you enjoyed it
=D