When You Came Along

I Think That Went Well

Footy training ended early that day, the coach had gotten sick and gone home. Tony changed into his clean clothes and tried calling his dad's mobile. No one picked up. he sighed, he decided t walk home. It was far, but if his dad came to pick him up eventually then he would pass him by.

Tony hadn't even gotten halfway when it began to get dark, "Better call dad again," he decided.

There were a few rings then someone picked up, "Hello?" he asked.

"Hello?" A voice on the other end replied.

"Um... who's this?" Tony asked, clearly this female voice was not the voice of his father.

"Oh, this is Amanda, and you are?" the voice answered.

"Um... Tony."

"Oh, Tony! Lovely to finally hear your voice, I've heard so much about you!"

"Yeah, um, is my dad there?" Tony asked, very confused by the situation.

"Oh, yes of course," the noise was muffled by someones hand but Tony could still hear, "Jack! it's your son!" "Hello?" came Tony's dad's voice.

"Dad? That better be you this time."

"yes Tony, it's me," his dad sighed.

"Good, where are you? Who was the lady? Footy training ended early so you gotta come pick me up!" Tony rambled.

"Tony! Tony! Calm down, one thing at a time!" his dad's said.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Where are you?" Tony asked. He had stopped walking and st down on the curb. It had started to get really dark so he put his hood up, it was always so cold at night.

"I'm at Amanda's house."

That brings me to my second question. Who was that woman?"

"That was Amanda, the woman i'm having dinner with tonight."

"Okay," Tony stood up and started walking, "Okay, that explains so much to me."

"You said something about footy training son?"

"oh, yeah. Footy training ended early so you gotta come pick me up."

"Hmm, where are you?"

Well i started walking already, just go the normal way, you'll see me," Tony told him.

"Okay son, you just stay put. I'll be right there."

"Cool, see ya in a few dad."

"Bye son."

Tony hung up the phone and sat back down on the curb. The street was completely silent, no a soul in sight. You could even say that it was to quiet. But of course Tony wasn't worried about that, being so brave and all.

Time passed and it was already nine o'clock when Tony's dad came to pick him up. Tony had almost fallen asleep on the side walk.

(***************)

It was nine o'clock when Alisa decided it was time to stop reading. She brushed her teeth and went downstairs. She poked her head into the living room to say a quick goodnight to her mother.

"Mum?" she poked her head through the door, holding onto the handle.

"Hmm?" her mother asked.

Alisa looked around the room, Jack was standing up, coat in hand. He looked towarsd Alisa's head.

"Alisa! It was wonderful meeting you. I look forward to speaking again," he turned his attention to Alisa's mother then, "Amanda I better, my son is currently waiting for me to come pick him up."

Alisa's mum laughed, "Of course dear," they gave each other a quick peck on the cheek and exited through the other door.

Alisa sighed, she opened the door fully and ran to the couch to look out the window. She saw Jack get into his car and drive away. Her mother waved until he disappeared around the corner. The she walked towards the door.

Alisa jumped off the couch and ran to her mother.

"I think that went well," she mother stated.

"Yeah," Alisa agreed, she wasn't completely sure of Jack yet. He seemed like a nice guy, but then all nice guys have something to hide.

"You may just meet his son soon," he mother told her.

Great! She though sarcastically, "Awesome. Mum I'm off to bed. School ya know."

"Of course Alisa. I'll see you in the morning. What do you think about some pancakes?"

"Pancakes will be great mum, thanks," Alisa yawned.

"Okay, well just go get some sleep dear," she gave her daughter a quick hug and kss on the forehead then pushed her towards the door.

"Okay, okay! i'm going," Alisa laughed and stumbled off towards the stairs. She slowly made her way to the second floor and entered her room, closing the door behind her. She made her way to her bedroom window and opened the window a crack. it was getting a little stuffy. Then she went over to her bed and collapsed on the covers.