Love Story

The secret's out

*In Joe's room after school*

Taylor-"So what are we gonna do? Are we going to tell your parent's?"

Joe-"I thnk it would be best to"

Nick begins to walk into Joe's room, but then hears Joe and Taylor talking and decides to stand outside the door and listen to their conversation.

Taylor-"Well, do you think they'd let us keep it?"
Joe-"I really don't know. For some reason, I don't think they'd like the idea of us raising a child at 17"
Taylor-"Well, we have to make a decision sometime"
Joe-"How about we hold off for a bit, and we'll figure it out when we can actually wrap out heads around the fact that you're pregnant"
Taylor-"Okay"

They stand up and start to walk out. Nick quickly rushes downstairs, and Joe peeks his head out of the doorway quickly. He doesn't see him, but he's suspicious. Nick calls everyone, and tells the what he heard. Now they are all coming over.

Joe-"So. When do we find out the gender and everything?"
Taylor-"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I need to go see a doctor first"
Joe-"You haven't seen a doctor yet?"
Taylor-"No"
Joe-"Why not?"
Taylor-"I just found out, like, yesterday. And Ms.Bianca is home. I can't go with her here."
Joe-"I guess you couldn't go. But still."
Taylor-"I promise, when she leaves, the first thing I'll do is go to the doctor's"
Joe-"You promise?"

He holds out his pinkie, and she looks down and giggles. She holds her's out, too.

Taylor-"Promise"

Right then, everyone barges into Joe's room.

Demi-"Talk, missy!"
Taylor-"Whoa! Where'd you guys come from, and... what are you talking about?"
Demi-"Oh don't play stupid! How the hell did you get pregnant?!"

Taylor's face drops along with Joe's.

Taylor-"H-How did you..."
Selena-"Nick sorta, kinda heard you guys talking about it"
Joe-"Dude!"
Nick-"What? Maybe you should learn how to keep your conversations down"
Joe-"Oh shut up!"

Demi is furious, Austin is shocked, Nick is a little shocked, but not as much as he though he would be. Selena is serious, unlike anybody else. She sits down next to Taylor, who is speechless.

Selena-"Taylor, why?"
Taylor-"We didn't want this to happen."
Selena-"I'm not saying that you did. But why did you have sex in the first place?"
Taylor-"Because... we wanted to..."
Selena-"Tay, you should have waited."

Taylor nods in agreement.

Taylor-"But what's done is done. I wish none of this would have happened. But now we have to deal with the conscequences"
Nick-"Man, I just don't get why you didn't use protection."
Joe-"We did! It freaking broke"
Demi-"God, you guys are such idiots!"
Austin-"Demz, yelling at them isn't going to do anything. Now you guys are forgetting to ask. What are you going to do with it?"
Taylor-"Well... we kind of wanted to keep it"
Nick-"Oh yeah, cause Mom and Dad will totally love that idea"
Joe-"If they don't like it, oh well."
Demi-"Why the hell would you want to raise a kid at 17, Taylor?"
Taylor-"Demi, why don't you try to put yourself in my shoes? Having to make the decision to either kill a child or raise it. If I have an abortion, I honestly don't think that I would be able to see another kid ever again."
Demi-"But still..."
Selena-"Demi, just drop it. It's their decision."
Taylor-"Thank you, Selena"
Selena-"No problem. I want both of you to know that I'm here for you if you need any help."
Austin-"Me too"
Nick-"Well, I kinda have to be, since I'm your brother"

Demi has her arms crossed and is looking away from them.

Selena-"Demi..."

She looks over and sees Taylor's pleading face.

Demi-"Ugh, fine"

Taylor smiles and gives Demi a hug, followed by Selena, Austin and Nick.

Taylor-"So, you guys won't say anything to anyone, right?"
Nick, Selena & Austin-"Nope"

Again, Demi is looking off into the distance.

Taylor-"Demi!"
Demi-"Fine, I won't tell anybody... for now."

She gives Taylor a teasing smile, and Taylor playfully hits her on the arm.

Taylor-"Now can we go eat? I'm starving"
Demi-"And the cravings begin, followed by the moodswings. Good luck with that Daddy-O"

She pats Joe on the shoulder, then walks out.