Love Story

The night of the talent show

*The following night at Selena's house*

Taylor and Demi are over at Selena's house. They are preparing for the talent show.

Demi-"So Tay, are you ready for the show?"
Taylor-"No, not really."
Selena-"Nervous?"

Taylor nods.

Demi-"Tay, you're gonna be fine."
Taylor-"I know I'm just... nervous."
Selena-"What are you singing again?"
Taylor-"Down by Jay Sean."
Demi-"Oh, I love that song!"

She starts singing the chorus, and Selena and Taylor join in. They sing some of it, then end up laughing.

Mrs.Gomez-"Girls! Dinner is going to be done in 5 minutes. Come down in a little bit, okay?"
Selena-"Alright, mom!"

Selena-"We should probably head down now."

Demi and Selena start walking toward the doorway, but Taylor doesn't get up.

Demi-"You coming Tay?"
Taylor-"Uh, yeah. I'll be there in a minute."
Demi-"Whatever. More pizza for us!"

Taylor smiles as she watches Demi and Selena walk out. After she is sure that they're gone, she picks up Selena's guitar. She starts strumming a few chords, followed by her singing. After the first few verses and the chorus, she stops. She sighs, and sets down the guitar. She takes one last look at herself in the mirror, then walks downstairs.

Demi and Selena are already sitting down at the table, eating when Taylor walks in.

Demi-"Finally!"
Selena-"What have you been doing?"
Taylor-"Oh, um... just touching up my makeup."

Mrs.Gomez walks back into the kitchen and sees Taylor.

Mrs.Gomez-"Taylor! You look gorgeous!"
Taylor-"Really?"
Mrs.Gomez-"Of course!"

Taylor smiles as she sits down next to Selena. (Taylor's outfit: http://y100fm.com/images/2009/05/tayl...

They eat, then head off to the school. They park their car in the school's parking lot next to the boys' car. Taylor, Selena, and Demi get out and meet up with Joe, Nick and Austin.

Joe-"Hey!"
Taylor-"Hiya."

She kisses him on the lips quickly, then sidehugs him. They all make their way into the school. They come to a sign, telling all talent show participants to go backstage.

Selena-"Well, we'll see you two later. Good luck!"

They all exchange hugs, and part ways. Joe and Taylor make their way backstage, where they get their numbers. Joe is act 12, and Taylor is act 13. That's when Ashley approaches them.

Ashley-"So, you two actually showed up."
Taylor-"Yes. And we are still planning on kicking your butt."
Ashley-"Ha. Did you hear that Miley? She actually believes that I'll lose!"

They both start laughing, and Taylor rolls her eyes.

Joe-"C'mon."

Taylor and Joe walk away from Ashley and Miley. The lights go dim, and the show starts. Nine acts pass. Four were singers, two were dance acts, two were magicians, and one was a football player on a unicycle. The next act was Miley. She looked pretty, wearing a purple minidress with black leggings underneath them. She sang Party In The USA, and got lots of claps. She hugged Ashley right when she got off the stage. Then, it was Ashley's turn. She sang It's Alright, It's Okay. She wore a pink minidress and long black boots. After the song, some football players stood for her, and she winked and blew them a kiss. She smirked at Joe and Taylor when she went backstage again. Both of them rolled their eyes. Now it was Joe's turn.

He walked up onto stage with his guitar, and sat down on a stool provided for him. He scooted the microphone up to him, and began to talk.
Joe-"I dedicate this song to my girlfriend, Taylor."

Backstage, Taylor started blushing. She bit her lip as she smiled, and waved when he turned around to look at her.

Joe-"This is a little something I wrote called When You Look Me In The Eyes."

He starting strumming his guitar, then began to sing. Every so often, he would glance back at Taylor. She had never heard the song, and he hoped that she liked it. Halfway through the song, tears had formed in her eyes. She smiled the whole way through, and felt like the luckiest girl in the whole world. When the song finished, everybody cheered. It was absolutely incredible; it was going to be hard to top. He flashed a smile at the audience before making his way backstage. He quickly set down his guitar, and Taylor jumped into his arms. She kissed him passionately for a few seconds while smiling. He pulled away and looked at her. She had a few tears running down her face. She brushed them away with his thumb, and they both smiled.

Joe-"So, I take it that you liked it?"
Taylor-"I loved it! It was absolutely incredible."

He smiled the smile that she adored, and she couldn't help but smile back. She heard the talent show director call her name.

Taylor-"That's my cue."

With that, she walked out onstage. Music started playing, and when it was time for her to sing, nothing came out. The audience stared at her, and she just stood there.

Ashley-"Looks like somebody's stage fright. Ha!"
Joe-"Shut up, Ashley."

Taylor-"Will you excuse me for a moment?"

She darted backstage, and looked around frantically.

Joe-"Tay, what are you doing?"
Taylor-"You'll see."

She gave a myserious smile as she picked up his guitar. She walked onto the stage again. By that point, the audience was confused. The music had stopped playing when she left the stage. She adjusted the microphone, the started off by talking.

Taylor-"This is a song that I wrote for my amazing boyfriend, Joe. It's about fairytales, and princesses... and finding your Prince Charming... which I have already done."

She smiled, then began to play her guitar.