Love Story

Secrets exposed by Ashley

*The next morning at the Jonas house*

Ashley walked into Joe's room, where Joe and Taylor were sleeping.

Ashley-"Wake up!"

They both open their eyes slightly.

Taylor-"God, what do you want?"
Ashley-"I need to talk to everyone. Now get up!"
Taylor-"Gosh, if we do will you shut up?"

Ashley walked out dramatically. Joe & Taylor got up.

Taylor-"You do realize that if she starts hanging around here more, I might stop coming."
Joe-"Oh, maybe I keep her here, then."
Taylor-"Oh, shut up!"

They walked into the living room and sat down on the love seat. Denise was sitting on the chair, Kevin and Ashley were on the couch, and Nick was on the floor.

Ashley-"Okay, last night I heard some... news, about somebody here that you may want to know."

Taylor rolled her eyes.

Taylor-"What crap are you talking about now?"
Ashley-"I would think you'd know... you're the person I'm talking about."

Everyone looked at her curiously.

Taylor-"Um... uh... What are you talking about?"
Ashley-"You know what I'm talking about."
Kevin-"Well, what is it?"

Ashley whispered into Kevin's ear. His eyes widened and his mouth dropped.

Kevin-"You're pregnant?!"

Taylor was so shocked, she couldn't move a muscle. The only person that looked even paler than her was Denise.

Denise-"Joe... please tell me that that's not true."
Joe-"I... I..."
Nick-"Mom, it's true."
Denise-"You knew about this? And you didn't tell me?!"
Nick-"It wasn't my secret to tell."
Denise-"I guess that's understandable. But Joe... why didn't you tell me? I thought that I raised you better than that. Well, I guess not."
Taylor-"Denise, don't get mad at Joe. It's not my fault, it's mine. He wanted to tell you, but I wouldn't let him."
Denise-"Taylor! How could you?"
Taylor-"I didn't want the wrong person to find out."
Denise-"But you told Nick."
Taylor-"No, we didn't. He simply over-heard us talking about it."
Denise-"Well, Joe, I don't know what to think aboout this. I don't know if I'm more disappointed about the fact that you had sex, or that you didn't tell me."
Joe-"Mom..."
Denise-"Taylor, can you go upstairs please? The rest of you guys, too? I need to talk to Joe on my own."

Everyone except for Joe and Denise walked out of the living room. Taylor sat on the top of the staircase, where she could still hear them talking.