Love Story

Taylor's world is falling apart

Everyone except for Joe and Denise walked out of the living room. Taylor sat on the top of the staircase, where she could still hear them talking.

Joe-"Mom..."
Denise-"How could you?! I thought that I raised you better than that. I thought that I made you into a nice man."
Joe-"But you did, Mom."
Denise-"Then why did you have sex?"
Joe-"Because I wanted to, Mom. Taylor and I felt like we were ready. We love each other!"
Denise-"I don't even want to hear you say her name! In fact, I don't even want to see her!"
Joe-"Mom, you can't kick her out!"
Denise-"You want to bet?"
Joe-"Mom!"
Denise-"I am finished with this conversation. She is not staying here anymore. Period. And if you want to keep this baby, you should know that I refuse to pay for anything, or help out at all. Now go upstairs."

Joe sighed and looked down, knowing there was no way he could talk his Mom into letting her stay or take care of the baby.

Joe-"Yes ma'am."

He stumped up the stairs. When he reached the top, he came across Taylor, who was sobbing into her knees.

Joe-"Tay..."

She whipped her head up and studied him. Her face was red and tear stained. Joe began to sit down, but she quickly stood before he could.

Taylor-"No. I get it."

She whiped her face as she maneuvered around him. She raced down the staircase without letting Joe get a word in. Seconds later, the door was slammed shut. Joe sighed as he ran his hand through his hair. He slowly trudged to his room. He stood at the foot of his bed for a moment before plopping down onto it.

*@ Austin's house*

Demi slept on the couch in the front living room because Austin's mom didn't feel comfortable having Austin and Demi sleep in the same room. Austin woke up before both Demi and his mom. He sneaked into the living room and sat down on the floor in front of Demi. He simply studied her as she slept. He watched the way her breathing was steady and how peaceful she looked. He stayed like that until fifteen minutes until her eyes began to flutter. Slowly, they fully opened. Her expression broke into a smile once she saw him. Naturally, she pulled him in for a simple kiss.

Demi-"Goodmorning"

She smiled as they continued their kiss. When they heard a cough from behind them, they broke away. They glanced at the direction they heard the cough from to see Austin's mom standing in her bedroom's doorway. She simply shook her head and smiled before heading into the kitchen. Demi started blushing.

Austin-"Unbelievable."
Demi-"Does your mom have a radar or something?"
Austin-"I really don't know."

*At Selena's house*

Selena was watching Sunday morning cartoons in her pajamas while eating a bowl of cereal when the doorbell rang assessively. She placed her bowl onto the coffee table and started toward the door. The rings continued, faster than before.

Selena-"I'm coming, I'm coming!"

She opened the door to a puffy-eyed Taylor. Her face was still tear stained, a few tears streaming down her face before they were swiped away by her own hand.

Selena-"Tay, what happened?"

The thought of what she just expierienced made Taylor break down all over again. She fell into Selena's arms and cried.

Selena-"Ssh... ssh, it's okay. Calm down, Taylor."

Selena closed the door and helped Taylor to the couch. They sat down facing each other.

Selena-"What happened?"

Taylor told her the whole story. Everything from the minute they got home from the talent show to her racing out the front door.

Selena-"That fucking bitch!"
Taylor-"I know."
Selena-"I-I can't believe she did that!"
Taylor-"Yep. And now that she knows, the whole school is going to know."

A tear begins to fall from Taylor's eye before she swiped at it. Instinctively, Selena hugged her.