Love Story

The whole school knows, and it doesn't like it

*At school*

As soon as Taylor stepped foot into school on Monday, she heard the snickers and whispers of students surround her. A few girls strolled past her and snickered.

Girls-"Hey Slutty Swift"

They walked away laughing. Taylor tried to ignore them, but with each comment similar to that one, she felt even worse about herself. She crossed her arms and put up her hood and rushed across campus until she finally found the rest of the group.

Demi-"Hey girly!"

She slighlty waved, then put her hand back into place across her chest.

Nick-"What's wrong?"
Taylor-"I don't know, Nick. What do you think the problem is? It might have something to do with the fact the entire school knows about this!"

She pointed to her stomach.

Joe-"Tay, calm down."
Taylor-"Calm down? How am I supposed to calm down?!"
Joe-"Just, take a deep breath, okay."
Taylor-"No! Just, leave me alone!"

With that, she stormed off, angrier than before.

Joe-"What did I say?"

Demi walked up behind him and patted him on the shoulder.

Demi-"You see that? That's what you're going to have to deal with for the next eight and a half months."

She patted his should once more, then left with the rest of the group. Joe stood there with a dumbfounded look on his face not knowing what to do. Luckily for him, the bell rang, so he headed off to class. Unfortunately, it was with Taylor, who he didn't even think wanted to see him. At all.

*In class*

(AN:// Joe and Taylor are the only main characters in this class)

Joe was already seated when Taylor arrived. The class was setup with tables for two, and Joe and Taylor shared one. Taylor awkwardly sat down next to Joe. For several minutes, they said nothing. The class had started, so they avoided each other easily by paying attention to the lesson, which they could care less about. He did notice her clenching her stomach every so often, and he guessed that she was on the verge of sickness. Ah, the glory of morning sickness. Finally, after several minutes of stomach clenching, Taylor raised her hand.

Taylor-"Ms.Manwell? May I use the restroom?"
Ms.M-"Yes, just take a pass."

She quickly grabbed a pass and rushed out of the class. A few kids laughed and whispered to each other. They obviously knew what she planned to do in the bathroom, and it infuriated Joe to know that people thought that it was funny.

*In the bathroom*

Moments after Taylor ran into the bathroom, she was on the floor, puking into a toilet. She didn't even have time to shut the stall door on her way in. After a few minutes of barfing, she flushed the toilet. She was still too weak to stand, so she continued to sit on the floor even though she was fully aware that it was disgusting. She wiped her mouth off and leaned her head against the wall of the stall. She closed her eyes as she tried to regain her strength and energy. Her head immediately shot up when she heard footsteps lead to her stall. Selena stood in the doorway, staring at Taylor.

Selena-"Tay, are you okay?"
Taylor-"Um, yeah. I'm fine."
Selena-"Are you sure? I mean, it's not normal to be sitting down on the bathroom floor."
Taylor-"I'm positive. I just... uh..."

She looked toward the toilet, and Selena caught on.

Selena-"Oh..."
Taylor-"Yeah."
Selena-"Fun."

Taylor chuckled at her friend's sarcasm.

Taylor-"Yeah, fun... let me tell ya."

Selena offered her hand and Taylor took it. Most of her energy was regained, so she could stand upright. They chatted for a few more minutes, then left for class in fear that they would get caught.

*In Taylor's class*

When Taylor walked into class, everyone looked at her. The teacher was working on her computer at her desk.

Girl-"Hey, did you just, like... throwup?"

The girl couldn't help but smile, and her friends giggled along. Taylor stayed silent.

Girl-"Well?"
Taylor-"Does it matter?"
Girl-"We're all just curious. I mean, you go to the bathroom at the same exact time every single day. I mean, that's what pregnant people do, right?"

At that, Ms.Manwell's head shot up.

Ms.M-"Pregnant?"
Boy-"Yeah. She's pregnant. You didn't know?"
Ms.M-"No, I was not aware. Who's the father?"
Boy 2-"I heard it was Joe."
Boy 3-"Are you serious? Joe, man, you are so damn lucky! I would give anything to see the hottest girl in school naked!"

Taylor slumped down in her seat as the class continued to tease her.

Ms.M-(talking to a student) "I'm really not all that suprised. Joe, I'm a bit shocked about. But definitely not Taylor. I mean, she's irresponsible, and not all that smart."

This put Joe over-the-top.

Joe-"Hey! Don't talk about Taylor like that! She's more responsible than you will ever be! And she's the smartest person I have ever met! So just shut it!"

This caught Ms.Manwell off guard, and instead of sending Joe to the office, she stopped talking all together. She knew that she did no better than Joe. Everyone seemed to stop talking after that. And for the rest of the class, nobody dared to speak one word about Joe, Taylor, or the baby.

*After school*

Taylor-"Hey, Sel? Can I crash at your place tonight?"
Selena-"Um, I think so. Why?"
Taylor-"I don't have anywhere else to stay."
Joe-"No! You're staying at my house. I don't care what my mom says."
Taylor-"But--"
Joe-"But nothing! You're staying at my house!"
Nick-"Ugh, no!"
Selena-"Oh, come on, Nick. It's not that bad."
Nick-"You haven't heard 'em lately!"

Taylor rolled her eyes and looked at Joe.

Taylor-"Are you sure your mom won't get mad?"
Joe-"Yeah. It'll be fine."
Taylor-"Alright, I'll stay."

Nick, Joe, and Taylor walked to the Jonas house. Joe opened the door with Taylor and Nick right behind him.

Joe-"Mom, we're home! Taylor's staying the night!"

Denise emerged from the kitchen with her arms crossed.

Denise-"Oh, no she's not!"