Love Story

Bad news for Jaylor

*At Selena's house*

Selena was sitting on her bed, thinking about various things - Taylor, Joe, the baby, Nick, Ashley, Kevin, Taylor...

Selena-(Thinking to herself) "I wonder if Taylor got in her house okay. I have a... bad feeling..."

She swiftly (haha, swiftly) got off her bed and walked downstairs. She searched the house for her mom until she found her in the kitchen making lunch.

Selena-"Hey mom, I'm going to go to Nick's house, okay?"
Ms.G-"Alright, Selena."

She gave her mom a kiss on the cheek and walked out the front door. Instead of going to Nick's house, she walked to Taylor's.

When she arrived at Taylor's, the front door was wide open. Selena raised an eyebrow.

Selena-"The front door's open?"

She approached the house slowly, making sure she wasn't visible to anybody inside the house. Once she arrived at the door, she listened for a few seconds before sneaking a look inside the house. She gasped when she saw Taylor on the floor unconscious.

*At the Jonas house*

Ashley was at the Jonas house with Kevin and Joe.

Joe-"This is so unfair. Why does she get to be here?"
Kevin-"Because I didn't get her pregnant!"
Joe-"Is that seriously the only reason you have?"
Kevin-"It's the only one I need."
Joe-"So you're saying that if Taylor wasn't pregnant, you would like her?"

Kevin had to stop and think about that for a moment of two.

Kevin-"Well, it depends. Would she still look like a tramp?"

That set Joe off. He lunged at Kevin, screaming and cursing at him at the same time. Ashley screamed in horror as she watched the two boys fight. Joe balled his right hand into a fist and punched Kevin in the gut. It knocked the air out of Kevin, making him fall to the ground. He clutched his stomach, gasping for air. Nick ran into the room and saw Kevin on the floor. Then he looked at Joe, who's face showed nothing but anger. Pure anger. Joe harshly bumped Nick's shoulder as he stormed off, making Nick step back. He looked at Kevin, trying to comprehend what had just happened.

*At Taylor's house*

Selena bolted inside, kneeling down next to Taylor when she reached her.

Selena-"Oh my God. Tay... Tay!"

She moved Taylor's hair out of her face to reveal a bloody lip and a red cheek. Selena began to panic. She immediately pulled her cell phone out of her pocket and dialed Joe's number. She knew that he would get there faster than any ambulance. Joe's house was only about 5 minutes away, whereas the hospital was over 20 minutes away. She examined Taylor carefully as the phone began to ring, holding it between her cheek and her shoulder. She looked for any other injuries on Taylor. Though she didn't see any other major injuries, she saw a few bruises beginning to form. When Joe picked up his phone, she practically screamed at him.

Selena-"Joe! You have to come to Tay's house now. I'm with her right now. She's on the floor unconscious, and Ms.Bianca is nowhere to be seen. I don't have my car."

She could here the horror in his voice as he tried to comprehend what she had just told him.

Joe-"I'll be right there."

At that, she hung up. She stuffed her phone into her pocket and looked back at her injured friend. She said a quiet prayer for her, and partially for herself.

*At the Jonas house*

Joe hung up the phone in complete shock. His face was pure white. Nick walked into the room, obviously angry about what had just happend between Kevin and Joe.

Nick-"What the hell was that all about?"

Joe turned around and looked at Nick. Nick knew immediately that something was terribly wrong, and he forgot about everything that had just happened moments ago.

Nick-"What happened?"
Joe-"Taylor's hurt..."

That's all he managed to say before racing out the front door into his truck. He drove to Taylor's house as quickly he could without crashing his truck.

*At Taylor's house*

Joe's truck came to an abrupt stop when he arrived at Taylor's house. He jumped out of his truck, not even taking his keys out of the ignition. He dashed into the house. Horror immediately came to his face when he saw Taylor. He wordlessly picked Taylor up bridal style. He raced to his truck with Selena. She flung the door to the backseat open. They were too afraid to sit her upright, so Joe layed her down. Selena drove this time so way Joe could sit in the backseat with Taylor. Her head was on his lap, and he stroked her hair softly as she remained unconscious. Selena took off. Joe called the hospital to tell them to be ready for Taylor. He also called Nick and Demi (Demi told Austin because she was still with him).

*At the hospital*

Selena parked right in front of the hospital entrance where a few doctors were already waiting with a gurney. Selena opened the door for Joe and helped Taylor out. They set her down on the gurney.

Doctor-"We're going to take her into the examining room. We'll give you more information as soon as possible."

With that, they took off with Taylor. Joe and Selena stayed outside for a moment or two, taking in what had just happened silently. Then, they entered the hospital. The immediately saw everyone else (including Denise) waiting inside. They walked up to them. Nobody spoke. Nobody hugged. Nobody did anything for a while. They just thought. Finally, Joe spoke up.

Joe-"I can't believe this happened..."
Demi-"Neither can we, Joe."

Joe looked at everybody with tears forming in his eyes.

Joe-"She's going to be okay, right?"

Selena hugged him, knowing that that's what he needed. She rubbed his back as he cried silently.

Selena-"Yeah... she's gonna be okay."

He nodded, then pulled away. She tried to give him a reassuring smile, but it came out more like a grimace. Everybody sat down and thought again. Denise sat down next to Joe and rubbed his back. He looked at her slowly, and she smiled.

Denise-"It's going to be okay, sweetheart. She's a strong girl."

He nodded, trying to believe that.

Denise-"I've been thinking. And I've decided that Taylor can stay at our house whenever she wants to."
Joe-"Really?"

Denise nodded, trying to hold back tears.

Denise-"Yeah."

Joe gave her a tight hug and closed his eyes. After he pulled away, he looked up to see Taylor's doctor standing near them.

Doctor-"Where is... Joseph Jonas?"

Joe stood up quickly.

Joe-"Right here."
Doctor-"I have some bad news for you."