Love Story

Kevin crossed the line

Joe plunged at Kevin and started throwing punches at him.

"Joe!" Ashley shrieked. "Stop it!" She pleaded to Nick to get Joe away from Kevin.

Just then, Denise entered her house to the sight of Joe beating up his older brother. She saw Kevin protect his face and form into a ball.

"Joseph, get off of your brother!" She commanded.

Joe didnt listen. Finally, Nick had to step in. He grabbed Joe by his shirt to reveal a bloody-faced Kevin. He had blood trickling out of his nose and bruising starting to form around his right eye. Joe finally let off a bit, but he still had an immense amount of anger in his eyes.

"Now I want to know this instant why I walked into my house and saw you beating up your brother, Joseph!" Denise demanded.

Joe shook out of Nick's grip and staggered to the kitchen. Denise stomped over to Nick and looked into his eyes angrily.

"What the hell happened here?" She whispered.

"Kevin is glad that Taylor lost her baby," Nick replied with a sigh.

"He said that she never really wanted it." This angered Denise more than anything. She turned to Kevin and grabbed him by the shirt.

"What the hell is your problem?! Going around saying that Taylor didn't want this baby?" Denise shouted a bit too loudly.

They heard a loud thud at the end of the staircase. Everyone turned their heads to see Taylor at the bottom step.

"What? Y-You don't think I wanted this baby?" Taylor studdered. She searched Kevin's face for an answer as to why he hated her. She saw absolutely nothing.

At that point, Joe had already made his way back into the living room.

"Tay, it's nothing-" Joe began, only to be cut off by Taylor.

"Nothing? No, this is not nothing! He thinks that I didn't want this baby! That I didn't deserve it! H-How could you say something like that? You don't even know me!" She yelled at Kevin as tears began to stream down her face. She quickly turned around and raced back up the stairs.

Joe glowered at his brother. "Thanks a lot." He muttered before running up after Taylor.

Denise gave Kevin a death stare, and Kevin acted as if nothing had happened.

"What?" He questioned.

"Get to your room!" Denise shouted angrily. Kevin put up his hands in defense, then ran up the staircase.

Denise looked at Ashley, who was playing with her blond hair.

"And you. Get out of my damn house!" Denise yelled.

"But I didn't-" Ashley began.

"Get out!" Denise cut off.

Ashley stalked out the front door, muttering some beautiful words along the way.

Denise stagger to the couch and landed on it. She sighed heavily and closed her heavy eyes. Today had been a very crazy day for everyone.

Kevin had to walk past Joe's room to get to his own. When he passed by, he snuch a glance into the bedroom. He saw Taylor crying her eyes out with her arms wrapped around her legs. Joe and Nick were on either side of her, comforting her.

"Ssh, it's okay. Forget about him," Joe whispered. It was no use at all. Taylor shook her head violently as if saying "No, I can't forget about him"

Joe looked up to see Kevin standing there staring at them.

"What the hell do you want?!" Joe screamed at his brother.

"I-I just-" Kevin studdered softly.

"Was breaking my girlfriend's heart even more than before not good enough for you?! Did it not satisfy you?!" Joe exclamaimed loudly.

He jumped off of the floor and paced over to his older brother. He pointed a finger at Kevin, who simply stared at it.

"I swear, if you ever even speak to Taylor again, I will rip your head off!" Joe threatened.

Kevin looked away quickly. He couldn't make himself look at Joe. He wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Finally, after several moments, Joe lowered his finger and retrieted to Taylor.

Kevin stalked into his room and sat on his bed slowly. He put his head in his hand and sighed.

"What have I done?"