Love Story

School is brutal

The next day at school...

Taylor, Joe and Nick walked into school with sad and tired looks on their faces. Immediately, people started whispering to each other. Some were snickering at them; some had sad expressions; some were flat out confused as to what they should feel. Taylor didn't look up at anybody. She didn't make any eye contact. She couldn't bring herself to do it. Once the three of them reached their other friends, Demi and Selena hugged Taylor.

"It's okay, Tay. We are here for you. Remember that," Demi whispered into Taylor's ear.

"We will always be here for you."

Taylor nodded her head but did not utter one word. The bell rang and Taylor dragged herself to class with Joe. She was like a walking zombie - completely unaware to all of her surroundings. When her and Joe reached their classroom, they slipped into their seats praying that they wouldn't be noticed. No luck. Some rude boy started talking to Taylor.

"So I heard you lost your baby. That sucks, dude. But it's probably a good thing. I mean, you wouldn't have been a good mother anyways! So think of it as a gift from God," the boy said.

Taylor wrapped her hands around her head and began to cry a little bit. It was too much for her. She wanted nothing more than to shrink up and die.

"Aw, why are you crying? I didn't mean to make you upset. Just speaking the truth here!" the boy explained.

"Shut up!" Joe sneered angrily.

Just then the teacher walked into the room.

"Joe, stop yelling at Christopher. And... Taylor, are you crying?" The teacher questioned.

When Taylor didn't respond, the boy - Cristopher - did.

"She's just upset because she lost her baby." Cristopher responded.

"Oh yes, I heard about that. Well Taylor, you need to try to pay attention to class. Now lift up your head." the teacher instructed.

Taylor unwillingly lifted her head to reveal her teary eyes. The teacher grinned slightly.

"Now that wasn't so hard was it?" the teacher asked.

Taylor continued to look straight ahead. She didn't focus on anything. She didn't make eye contact with anyone. There was no point in her opinion.

*At lunch*

Demi and Selena sat down to join Joe, Nick and Austin. After looking around, Demis eyebrows creased.

"Where's Tay?" She questioned.

"We thought that she was with you," Joe responded.

"She is with you, right...?" Joe asked slowly.

Demi looked at him dumbly.

"She's not with us, is she?" Demi responded wittily.

Joe stopped to think about that fact for a minute. Then another thought came into mind.

"Then where is she?" He asked as if Demi knew the answer.

Demi threw her hands up in the air.

"Oh, Dios mío! En serio?!" Demi shouted to herself. (That means Oh, my God! Seriously?! In spanish :P)

Joe had an offensive look on his face. He honestly didn't know why she was getting so frustrated.

"Joe, listen to me. Taylor not here. We don't know where Taylor is." Selena clarified for Joe.

He nodded as if he understood. He was so stupid at times.

"Come on, Austin and I will help you look for her." Nick promised.

"Okay." Joe replied before getting out of his seat.

The three boys began to walk around the school campus. Demi and Selena both stayed in the lunch room and tried to eat. They just couldn't. Both of the girls had a horrible feeling that something was wrong. You can only imagine how delighted they were when Ashley and Miley suddenly appeared in front of them.

"So, where's your other friend?" Ashley asked, obviously meaning Taylor.

"We don't know." Selena responded softly.

"You mean she's missing?" Ashley questioned with a concerned look on her face. Fake.

"Yeah, and you better not have something to do with it!" Demi yelled, nearly jumping out of her seat at Ashley.

"Oh, I didn't... yet." Ashley replied with a smirk.

With that, Ashley left, leaving Miley in front of an angry Demi. You could practically see steam coming out of Demi's ears.

"I suggest you walk away now," Selena warned as she attempted to calm her friend down.

"Trust me, Demi can get very vicious." Selena exaggerated.

"No, I want to, um... I want to apologize. Before you cut me off, let me explain! I never intended for things to get this bad between us. I just figured Ashley and I would kind of tease you guys a little bit, but nothing like this! But Ashley has her ways of manipulating me into doing stuff. Can you please forgive me?" Miley pleaded.

"When you find out a way to prove yourself, let me know." Demi sneered half heartedly.

*With the boys*

Joe, Austin and Nick were walking down a hallway finding absolutely nothing.

"Ugh, this is hopeless!" Joe shouted before banging his hand into a locker.

"Dude, pull it together." Nick commented.

Joe and Nick strolled right past a janitor's closet, but Austin stopped. He had an... instinct, you could say, that told him to stop. Once Joe and Nick realized that Austin had stopped, they walked back to him.

"What?" Joe asked, only to be cut off by Austin.

"Ssh!" Austin whispered. Then he began to open up the door to the closet...