Love Story

Shocking discovery

"Thank you doctor. Can we go see her?" Austin asked politely.

"Yes you may. Room 413." The doctor smiled. With that he left.

Everyone rushed to Taylor's room immediately. Joe was, of course, the first one in her room. Her right eye was beginning to swell and bruise along with her right cheek. Her lip was slit open and red, but other than that, she was fine. Joe bolted to her bedside and grabbed her hand. Her eyes flickered open at his touch and she smiled.

"Hey." she whispered.
Joe smiled in return. "Hey."

The others swarmed around her bedside and smiled at her.

"What happe-- Ashely did this, didn't she." Taylor said knowingly.

Everyone nodded slightly and Taylor sighed.

"Why am I not surprised?" she questioned aloud.
"Well, I'm just glad that I'm oka-" she started before noticing Miley's presence.
"Umm..." she began confusingly.

"I'm on your side," Miley smiled slightly.
"Please just... accept me? I'm really sorry about the things that I have done to you, but... I didn't want to do them! Ashley blackmailed me into doi-"

"I fogive you." Taylor interrupted with a smile.

Miley's eyebrows creased. "You do?"

Taylor simply nodded then put out her arms, asking for a hug. Miley gladly gave it to her and smiled. Their moment was ruined by a ringing cell phone. The two girls pulled away and looked at Austin.

"Sorry, my mom is calling." Austin apologized before picking up the phone.
"Hello?" He answered as he stepped outside of the room.

"So, how are you feeling Tay?" Joe asked sweetly in attempt to make conversation.
"Like my face was just beat in. Oh, wait!" Taylor replied with a bit of a smile.
"Aw, I'm sorry." Joe comforted softly as he kissed her nose.

Taylor pushed him off of her and laughed.

"Stop it." she giggled.

Austin came back into the room while shoving his cell phone into his pocket.

"My parents are going to swing by here. They want to meet you, Tay." Austin announced.
"Oh, that's great. The first time your parents meet me, I'm going to be all beat up! Comforting." Taylor half joked.

Austin rolled his eyes and smiled. "They'll be here in five minutes or so."

Everyone talked for a few minutes until Austin's parents came in.

"Hey!" Austin greeted his parents. He hugged his mom then his dad.
"Mom, dad, this is Taylor." He introduced while gesturing.

"Hi Taylor." his dad greeted with a smile.

Taylor smiled back. "Nice to meet you."

She looked at Austin's mom, who was staring at Taylor.

"Austin? What's up with your mom?" Taylor whispered.

Austin shrugged before turning to look at his mother.

"Mom? Are you... are you okay?" Austin asked worriedly.

His mom fled out of the room without saying a word. Austin watched her leave which only made his confusion increase.

"I have no clue what's going on with her. She's usually not like that." Austin promised.

They all chit-chatted for about fifteen minutes. Then Austin's mom came back. She stood in the doorway with tears in her eyes. She covered her open mouth with her hand and stared directly at Taylor.

"She's so beautiful." she whispered softly. "C-Can I hug her?" she asked with her voice cracking. Within the next few seconds she was hugging Taylor, who was obviously confused.

"What is she-?" Taylor mouthed wordlessly. Austin shrugged as he watched his mother. She pulled away and studied Taylor's face intently.

"I can't believe I found you! I've been looking for so long!" she started.
"What are you talk-" Taylor began before being cut off by Austin's mom.
"I mean, you were so little! I just, I cannot believe this, I-"she started before being cut off by Taylor this time.

"Do I know you?" Taylor asked with her eyebrows creased.

"Of course you do. I'm your mother."