Surrender Your Heart

11

Kylie and Matt stumbled into her house laughing and not paying much attention to anything but them. Kylie, holding Matt's hand, turned around to face him and smiled. He smiled too and pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her waist while she did the same to him. "So Ky, what now?"

She shrugged, pulling her arm out to trace circles on his chest. "Well, I don't know. We could watch a movie..." she trailed off.

He nodded. "Sounds good," he told her, pulling her softly towards the living room.

"You pick a movie and I'll go change and try to find you something to wear."

Matt laughed. "What, do you keep guys' clothes here just in case?"

Stopping at the stairs, she turned to face him. She stuck out her tongue at him and said "Shut up!" then raced up the stairs to change.

Ten minutes later she came back down in a pair of baggy grey sweats with the elastic cut out of the ankles and an old t-shirt on that fit her perfectly. She tossed a pile of clothes at Matt and laughed when he missed them. He picked the clothes up and inspected them. A pair of dark navy basketball shorts and a plain white t-shirt. "Those okay?" she asked him.

He nodded. "Yeah, fine. I'm going to go change. I put the movie in already too."

Kylie nodded and let him go change while she went and popped some popcorn. Sticking the bag in the microwave, Kylie thought over what was going to happen tonight. She leaned against the counter and decided one thing was for sure; she liked Matt, and if she was being honest she was probably falling for him. Why wouldn't she be? He was attractive, made her laugh, he comforted her, and he made her happy. He gave her butterflies when they were close and his kisses made her melt. So what was the problem? The beeper on the microwave shook her from her thoughts. She took it out and opened it, not bothering with a bowl. She dumped some salt on it and walked over to the fridge where she grabbed a water for her self and a pop for Matt; she was out of beer and plus, if what was going through her mind was going to happen tonight, it was going to happen under sober circumstances.

She bumped the fridge shut and walked back into the living room at the same time as Matt. She smiled at him and said "I hope pop's okay; I'm afraid the beer fairy hasn't been by in awhile."

He chuckled. "Yeah that's fine."

The two took seats on the plush couch and got comfortable. Matt held the popcorn bag while Kylie snuggled up next to him, pulling her feet up under herself. He took a handful of the snack and she stole the bag away from him, grinning and popping a piece in her mouth. He shook his head and laughed at her while he hit play on the remote. The movie started and instantly Kylie knew it was Anchorman, her favorite movie of all time. “Did you do this on purpose?”

Matt shook his head. “No, why?”

“This is my favorite Will Farrell movie of all time! I didn’t even tell you! Clearly, we’re soul mates or something,” Kylie told him, not realizing what she said until after she said it. She blushed furiously and leaned back further into the couch. Matt smiled and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer. Butterflies were unleashed in her stomach. She looked at him out of the corner of her eye and studied him. She could feel the little designs he was tracing on her arm and suddenly she knew what she wanted: Matt. Plain and simple. Something felt so right about the two of them. She leaned up and kissed his cheek. She pulled back only slightly and he looked at her with a curious smile. She leaned up again and kissed him on the lips.

When she pulled back, Matt was smiling at her. “What was that for?”
She shrugged. “I wanted to.”

He laughed and leaned down, kissing her forehead. She snuggled in closer to his warm body and continued to watch the movie.

After a little while, Kylie started to drift. She lay down on the couch, and Matt lay with her, both of their bodies pressed close together because the couch was rather small. It didn’t take long for her to fall asleep once she was comfortable. Matt smiled at her sleeping form, and soon fell asleep too, with thoughts of Kylie not far behind.

***

A car pulled into the parking lot of the studio. It was Alex, Jack, and Rian. Matt was currently. MIA. He never came home after his little date the night before, and the guys had been trying to get a hold of him all morning. With a sigh, Rian hung up the phone. “Nothing,” he said in response to his most recent attempt at getting a hold of the tour manager.

“What the fuck?” Alex mumbled to himself, climbing out of the vehicle. Jack and Rian followed and the trio walked into the studio.

“Maybe he’s already here and his phone died or something,” Jack suggested. Both Rian and Alex shrugged.

They found Squire in the control room with Zack, who had arrived minutes before. But no Matt and no Kylie. “Where’s Matt?” Zack asked his band mates.

Alex threw his hands up in frustration. “Who the fuck knows? Where’s Kylie?”

Squire shrugged. “Good question. I’ve been trying to get a hold of her all morning. My guess, is wherever Kylie is, Matt is and vice versa.”

Alex’s face took on a devilish quality while he smiled. “I have an idea.”

And so, that was why twenty minutes later, Alex and Jack were pulling into Kylie’s driveway. Alex parked the car and the two hopped out. “Okay, now what?” Jack asked.

“Do what you do best Jack-o. Be loud and obnoxious. Now go!” he said, shoving Jack towards the door.

Without hesitation, Jack yanked the door open and burst inside. “MATT FUCKING FLYZIK! WHERE YOU BE HOMIE G?” Jack’s voice could surely be heard three houses down, but Alex didn’t care. He was enjoying it. While Jack continued to run into the house, yelling obscenities and being, as Alex told him to, obnoxious, Alex followed.

Soon enough, the job was done. Both Matt and Kylie were jolted awake. Kylie fell off the couch. Matt sprang into an upright position, rubbing the kink in his neck and squinting at the bright light surrounding him.

“Ow,” Kylie grumbled from her spot on the floor. Matt leaned over the couch to inspect the damage.

He got off the couch and helped her up. After a minute, she was fully awake and had fire in her eyes. She stormed off towards the direction of the loud, obnoxious, guitar player, ready to kill. “Jack Barakat!” she yelled, stopping him right where he was on the fifth stair. The lanky boy turned slowly to face her. She stormed over to him and stood so she was a step under him. Reaching up, she smacked him in the back of the head.

He yelped and rubbed the spot, and then said, “What was that for?”

She scowled. “What the fuck are you doing in my house this early when I was clearly sleeping? How did you get in here in the first place? And last but not least, why are you here?”

Jack narrowed his eyes at her, acting like a toddler who wanted revenge. “Don’t fucking blame me! Yell at Alex! Smack Alex! His fault, not me!” he exclaimed, pointing at his best friend.

“Alex wasn’t the one screaming, and it isn’t Alex’s fault that I fell off of the couch!”

Alex laughed. “This is all true, but it is my fault he’s here. I drove. My idea. You, my friends, are late, late, late. Do you realize what time it is?”

Kylie just shrugged. “No I don’t, meaning I don’t really care Gaskarth. Now get out of my house before I shank you.”

Matt chuckled at her and said to Alex “What time is it?”

Alex rolled his eyes. “Around eleven.”

He shrugged his shoulders and said, “Whatever; not like you guys needed me anyways.”

Kylie, on the other hand, started semi-freaking out. She’d never just not shown up for work before. Squire was going to kill her. “I’m dead. Plain and simple; Squire’s going to kill me.”

He walked over to her and pulled her close, laughing and hugging her. “Ky, he won’t kill you. He’s chill. Calm down, okay?”

Kylie just nodded. Alex rolled his eyes again. “Can you two love birds hurry it up and get to the studio? Everyone’s been wondering where you guys were.”

The tow agreed that they’d meet Alex and Jack back at the studio in a half hour, and then the two band mates left. Once they did, Kylie turned to Matt and smirked. “So Mr. Relaxed, what do you plan on wearing to the studio?”

He glanced down at the clothes he was currently wearing. “This shirt and my jeans from yesterday I guess. I don’t care; it’s not like I’ll have the shame of walking in with the same clothes on as yesterday. Jack and Alex already took care of that, so I’m good.”

Ky laughed and nodded. She told him to get some breakfast if he wanted, and then she went to get ready. She jumped in the shower and was out ten minutes later. She hurried up and threw on a comfy jean skirt and a black and white plaid shirt from Pac Sun, then went into her bathroom to dry her hair. She left it down, brushed her teeth and put on a little mascara. After she took her contacts out because she forgot to last night, she put her glasses on, not wanting to bother with the contacts again.

She was ready twenty minutes later. She slipped on her flip flops, grabbed one of her many wristlets and slipped her essentials—lip gloss, money, ID, phone— into it and ran down the stairs. “Okay, ready,” she said to Matt who was sitting in the kitchen eating some cereal. She smiled at him. “Made your self at home I see.”

He shrugged and finished off his breakfast. “I expected you to be a lot longer, but you surprised me.”

She shrugged too, and then the two left. Matt had washed up in the downstairs bathroom and changed into his jeans, so he was all ready to go. While they walked out to Kylie’s car, he slipped his hand into hers. She smiled, but didn’t look at him. They got in her car, happy. They were both really, really happy. They just connected so well. Kylie didn’t want it to end. Unfortunately, the idea that Matt was leaving sometime soon crept into her brain and wouldn’t leave. She didn’t want to think about it. Right now, she was happy, and that’s what mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's Ky's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/black_white/set?id=8243807
I severely enjoy slacking off and getting on that site to make up outfits. I'm so lame. haha
Anyways, I'm sorry it's been so long! I got a little stuck. But, it's here now. So, enjoy and let me know what you think.
xoxo