Surrender Your Heart

02

Kylie pulled out of Red Bull studio and was starting her drive home when her phone went off. She groaned because she had had a long day and didn’t feel like dealing with anyone, but answered it regardless. “Hello?”

“Ky? It’s Squire. Listen, I have a question to ask you.”

“Shoot,” Kylie told the producer as she made a left.

“Alex and Matt are staying in a hotel right now. Their friend and band mate Zack lives out here, but he’s not in town so they can’t stay there right now. Jack and Rian aren’t getting out here until tomorrow because their flight got delayed and Alex and Matt already checked out of the hotel because they assumed they’d be able to be staying with Zack. They don’t feel like checking back in because its expensive, so I’m wondering if you’d let them stay with you for a day or two.”

Kylie groaned. “Forget it!” she yelled at Squire. “They cannot stay with me! I’ll drive myself insane and then what would you do?” You’ll have no more assistant, that’s what, Kylie thought to herself.

Squire laughed. “Hear me out, Ky. I already have a few friends staying at my place or I’d say they could stay with me. It would only be for a few days at the very most, until Zack comes back into town. They aren’t bad guys. They won’t bother you all that bad. Plus,” he added, “You’re living in your parent’s gigantic summer home. So you can’t tell me you don’t have the space.”

Kylie mumbled a fuck you towards Squire and then sighed. “You’re a pain in the ass, you know that right?”

Squire laughed. “I’ll call them up and let them know the good news then I’ll call you and let you know when they’ll get there. Thanks Ky! See you tomorrow!”

Kylie said goodbye and hung up. “Fuck!” she cursed, throwing her phone onto the passenger seat and thinking about blowing the horn at no one in particular, but then decided against it.

A half hour later, Kylie was pulling up to her house. She got out and took a look at it from the outside. Fuck Squire for being right, she thought to herself. Her parent’s house was pretty damn big, and she lived alone. She scowled as she walked up the sidewalk and inside.

Soon after she had gotten inside, her phone started vibrating from inside her pocket. Without checking the caller ID, she answered. “Hello?”

“The guys will be there in about a half hour. Sound good?” Squire asked her.

Kylie grunted. “Fine,” she told him. “They know how to get here?”

“Yep.”

“Good. I’ll see you tomorrow,” she told him shortly and then hung up. Kylie groaned and trudged her way through the house, cleaning it while simultaneously cursing every guy coming to stay with her repeatedly.

***

An hour later, Kylie’s doorbell rang. “Coming!” she yelled, bounding down the stairs. After running down the stairs, she walked through her small front hall that led to the front door and opened it. Standing in front of her was Alex and Matt
.
“Hey there,” Alex said with a smile. Kylie stepped aside and invited them in. “Thanks for letting us stay with you,” Alex told her.

She nodded. “No problem,” she told the guys while thinking even though I was forced. “I have the room,” she said while gesturing around, “obviously.”

“Come on, I’ll show you where you can sleep.” She walked upstairs and the guys followed. Across from her room were two spare rooms. She gestured to them and said, “You guys can choose who stays in which. Doesn’t matter to me.”

The guys nodded and walked into the rooms, trying to decide which one to pick. Kylie rolled her eyes and walked downstairs. She walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of grape Propel from the fridge, twisted the cap and took a sip. She heard footsteps and when she turned around, she saw Matt walking into the kitchen. She smiled because he seemed nice enough, at least less… scary than Alex, if that was the word even. “Thanks for letting us stay with you,” Matt told her again.

She nodded. “No problem. Find a room?”

Matt nodded.

“Where’s Alex?”

“Upstairs. His girlfriend called or something, so I left before they started to have phone sex that I would most likely hear through the walls.”

Kylie cringed. That was not what she wanted to hear. She didn’t care to hear about these boys and their sex lives. Matt laughed. “I was kidding, Kylie.”

Kylie rolled her eyes. “Want a drink?” she asked, looking into the fridge before Matt could notice the red that covered her face from her embarrassment from actually believing him.

Matt shook his head. “No, thanks.”

Kylie turned back around and the two stood in an uncomfortable silence. Since the guys had arrived around ten thirty at night, it was now close to eleven and Kylie was fairly sure she would have to wake up early tomorrow, so she said to Matt, “Well, I’m probably going to have to wake up early tomorrow so I’m going to go to bed. If you want, you can use the shower or whatever. Towels and stuff are in there. Night!”

Matt nodded. “Yeah, okay. Night,” he told her while she flitted by him, up the stairs and to her room.

***

The next morning, Kylie woke up to the sound of rain pounding on the window. She rolled out of bed because she knew she wouldn’t be able to fall back asleep and walked downstairs. From the stairs, she could see the TV flickering. Kylie walked into the living room and saw Matt sitting on the couch staring blankly at the TV. “Couldn’t sleep either?” she asked him.

Matt turned to look at her. He nodded. “Rain always wakes me up,” he told her.

Kylie nodded. She looked at the clock on the wall and it read 5:46. It was way too early for either of them to be awake, but here they were. Kylie took a seat in the recliner by the couch and curled her feet up underneath herself. “You know, we’re probably two of the biggest idiots on the face of this earth.”

Matt looked at her, confusion all over his face. “Why?”

Kylie smirked. “Because we’re up at five in the morning.”

Matt laughed lightly. “Yeah, I guess. I just… can never fall asleep after I hear rain.”

Kylie nodded. “Yeah, I know, me either.”

The two were quiet for awhile before Matt spoke up. He turned towards Kylie and said, “So tell me about yourself Kylie. What’s your story?”

Kylie shrugged. “What do you want to know?”

“How’d you meet Squire? What got you into wanting to be in the music business? Where are you from?”

Kylie shrugged. “I met Squire by luck. I got ahead in college and got the chance to intern for him. From there, I realized how much I love being apart of the music business and so here I am. I’m originally from Northern California, but my parent’s had a house down here that we came to every summer and I fell in love. So, I moved into my parent’s summer home and here I am.”

“There had to be more to you than just that. What do you like to do in your spare time? What's your favorite color? Did you want to kill Squire when he asked you if we could stay with you for a few days?”

Kylie smirked at the last question. “Yeah, actually I did. But you guys aren’t that bad. At least, you aren’t.” Kylie shrugged. “I play guitar, but I’m not very good. I only know a few songs, but I love to do it. My favorite colors any color of blue. I love chocolate ice cream. Penguins are my favorite animal. I love looking at vintage clothes, but I rarely wear them.” Kylie smiled. “How’s that for a life story?”

Matt laughed. “Not bad I guess. I want to hear you play sometime, too by the way."

Kylie nodded. “Okay. Now, what about you? How’d you get started? What’s your story, Matt?”

“Well, same thing I guess. I just got lucky by knowing Alex and the guys and they took me along for the ride. I had a band that they would open up for. We were both very small bands and not known, and when I couldn’t do the band thing anymore and Alex and the guys got signed, they needed a tour manager. That’s where I came in. I live in Baltimore. I don’t really have much else to tell you, to be honest. I love Mickey Mouse, but I guess that’s all.”

Kylie nodded. “What no girlfriend?” she asked him with a smirk.

Matt rolled his eyes. “No, smartass, no girlfriend. What, no boyfriend?”

Kylie laughed lightly. “No, no boyfriend.”

After a few minutes, Matt said, “Guess we both just got really lucky, didn’t we? Both landing where we are by a lot of luck.” Kylie nodded.

Neither even knew the half of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I know the stories going kind of slow, but its only the second chapter. The next chapter will be better, promise.
<3