Surrender Your Heart

04

Kylie lazily walked through her front door, shutting it softly behind herself as to not disturb her stress headache that was coming on. She threw her car keys on the little table by the door along with her purse, and walked into the kitchen to find some Advil and a glass of water. Coming up empty, she groaned and walked over to the telephone to check the messages. Sure enough, there were a few new ones. She hit play and waited.

Two were hang ups, one was from her parents, and one was from a friend of hers. She deleted all of them, making a mental note to call back her parents, seeing as that was the only important message on there. Kylie set her cell phone besides her house phone and started to walk away when its shrill ringing stopped her in her tracks. She groaned and answered it quickly to stop the obnoxious, high pitched ringing. “What?” she said in a flat voice. She was exhausted and wanted to go to bed.

“Hey sweet cheeks!” Kylie rolled her eyes. It was Jack.

“What do you want Jack?”

On the other end of the line, Jack pouted. “To see you! Come over to our place. We’re just hanging out, nothing big.”

Kylie rolled her head from side to side, debating on whether to go over or not. “I don’t know Jack, I’m exhausted. And plus, I see enough of you guys every day.”

Still pouting, Jack begged, “Pleeeeeaase?! We need a female over here.”

Kylie smirked. “You have a vagina Jack, so therefore you’re enough female for the both of us.”

Jack scowled. “Not a funny joke, Kylie.” Suddenly, there was commotion on Jack’s end of the line, and a few shrieks before someone came back on the line.

“Kylie?” Matt. “Please come. I’ll be by myself with these idiots if you don’t.”

Kylie smiled. She really didn’t want to, but since Matt kept her company with the idiots in the studio, she had to return the favor. “I guess, since I owe you for calming down the guys in the studio every once and a while.”

Matt laughed. “Exactly. Directions?”

She shook her head. “Nope; I’ll be there in a half hour.” The two hung up and Kylie let out a sigh. She ran and changed into a pair of jeans. Then she grabbed her things, walked back outside, locked up and made her way towards her Jeep. She turned it on and pulled out of the driveway and drove the thirty minutes it took to get to the place where the guys were staying.

She pulled into the driveway and parked her car, climbing out and walking towards the front door. She hit the doorbell once and then opened the front door. “Hello?” she called out, looking around.

She heard footsteps and then Alex emerged from her left. “Hey, you came.” He smiled at her, surprise evident in his voice.

Kylie shrugged. “I had nothing better to do,” she smirked. “Plus, Matt asked me and since he keeps you idiots in line sometimes, I caved.”

Alex nodded. “Well, come on. A few of the guys are out back.” She nodded and followed Alex through the house and outside. Jack was standing on a balcony with a few other guys, throwing golf balls onto a mini putting green. Kylie rolled her eyes. She looked around and saw Matt standing off to the side with a camera, video taping the whole thing. She walked over and he waved to her with one hand. She waited until he brought the camera down to his side.

“Hey, you came!” he said, giving her a one armed hug.

She returned the hug and nodded. “Yep; I had nothing better to do, so here I am,” she smirked at him and he laughed.

They watched the guys throw golf balls before Kylie spoke up again. “What exactly are they doing?”

Matt laughed. “Don’t have a clue; something stupid, as per usual.”

Kylie nodded. Matt finished another video, and then he asked, “Want to head inside? I have to upload these videos.”

Kylie nodded and followed him inside. They walked upstairs into the living room where Matt’s laptop sat, and the pair took a seat on the couch. Matt grabbed his computer and plugged his video camera in, waiting to upload the videos. Kylie gazed around the room and spotted an acoustic guitar on the opposite side of the room. She smiled and stood, walking towards the guitar. She gestured to it and turned half way towards Matt, saying, “Whose is it?”

“Alex’s, I’m assuming.” Then he smiled and looked up at her. “Hey, you said you’d play for me some time. What about now?”

Kylie nodded and grabbed the guitar, bringing it over to the couch. She took a seat on the edge of the couch and propped the guitar on her knee. “Do you have a pick?”

Matt searched his pockets, but came up empty. “Never mind, I can strum with my fingertips.” She started strumming a C chord in open position to warm up and then started playing a song she had written when she first learned to play guitar. She sang softly, and when she finished the short song, she looked up at Matt and waited for his approval or disapproval.
He smiled and nodded. “That was really good, but I didn’t recognize the song. Who was it by?”

Kylie smirked. “Oh you probably don’t know her. Kylie Abbott?”

Matt laughed. “You wrote that?”

“A long time ago,” she nodded, “when I first started learning.”

“That was really good for a beginner song, Ky. Why haven’t you ever tried recording or anything like that?”

Kylie shrugged. “It never crossed my mind or interested me, I guess. I don’t know,” she told him honestly. “I guess I just never thought I was good enough.”

Matt shook his head and ruffled her hair slightly. “You’re crazy; you’re great.”

Kylie smiled and then changed the subject. As much as she liked Matt’s compliment’s she always felt awkward, almost like she didn’t know what to say besides thanks after she got a compliment. “What about you, big shot? Play me something.”

“I can’t; I don’t remember any of our old songs.”

Kylie smirked. He was lying through his teeth. “Oh, shut up; play me something.”

He hesitated, but then took the guitar and started strumming. He sang softly, and when he finished, Kylie was laughing. He cringed at her laughter, and when she noticed his reaction, she backtracked. “I wasn’t laughing at you, Matt,” she reassured him, “I was laughing because that was really good, and you were clearly lying when you told me you didn’t remember how to play.”

He just shrugged. “I don’t know, I don’t play much except on tour and only on occasion, so you know.”

She rolled her eyes. “Shut up Matt. I complimented you, don’t try and back out of it.”

He laughed. “Alright, fair enough.”

The pair talked for a little while, getting to know each other more and more. They realized their music tastes were both very different, yet very similar which was refreshing to Matt. Their personalities were the same way; they were similar but different. It was amusing to Matt, frustrating to Kylie. She threw her hands in the air after a heated discussion on her part of music. “How can you not like +44?” she yelled at him. “You like Blink-182, but you don’t like +44?! How does that work?”

Matt shook his head and leaned back into the off white couch. “I never said I didn’t like +44 Kylie; I said I liked Blink more than I like +44, that’s all.”

She shook her head. “You’re so weird, you know that?”

Matt smirked. “Look in the mirror, kid.”

Kylie stuck her tongue out at the boy across from her and then stood up from the couch, stretching. She had been sitting Indian style across from Matt for the past hour at least, and now she was stiff. She raised her arms over her head and felt her t-shirt rise up her stomach. She tried to pull it down before Matt noticed, but his eyes had already gazed over her midriff, causing her to turn red with embarrassment. Matt looked up and stood too, not showing any signs that what had just happened had bothered him a bit. “Well, I better get going or else I’m going to fall asleep here.”

Matt nodded. “I’ll walk you out.” The two walked up stairs where some of the guys were at.

Kylie waved to the boys and said, “I’ll see you guys later.”

“You’re leaving already?” Jack screamed at her in alarm.

She nodded. “I’ve been here for over an hour, Jack. I’ve got to get home.”

Jack pouted. “I didn’t get to see you all night, though.”

Kylie shrugged. “It’s not like you won’t see me again. I’ll see you boys Monday if not before ok?”

The guys said goodbye and Matt followed the rest of the way to the door. “I’m going to call you if they start bugging me about seeing you, got it?”

Kylie laughed. “Alright. I’ll see you later Matt,” she told him, and then she left. She couldn’t help but feel a strange feeling in her stomach when she walked away from Matt. It was almost an “I like him” feeling, but that was impossible. Kylie barely knew the boy, so how could she like him? She shook it off, climbed in her jeep, and drove home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo, an update. Thanks to Katie for reading this over for me. :] Feedback?
xoxo

PS: go watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkp1k4TNJNA Leave me a comment telling me what you think.
:D

EDIT! I fixed the whole Jack's Mannequin/Blink/+44 thing. I had been debating between Blink/+44 and Jack's Mannequin/SoCo, and I forgot to change one of the JM's. Sorry! But it's fixed now, in case anyone noticed, haha :]