Crazy in Love

"My own mix"

Driving is a concern of mine. I hope to focus on it during my gap year, before I go off to Uni - that is, if I get my scholarship to the University through this gymnastics competition. I'll have plenty of time, then, and more money as I can work full-time and pay for the insurance, petrol and the car itself. Mum and dad say that they'll buy me my car for my birthday, but I know it will be more gratifying if I work for it and buy it myself. Ya' know?

I love Joyce's car. As she drives me through the sunset countryside, on the way to Ricky's house, I just sink into the smooth seat and drum my fingertips to the beat of the acoustic song on the radio. So mellow, so smooth. She's a really good driver - the only person, other than my dad of course, that my mum is comfortable about driving me places.

"You looking forward to tonight, James?" I ask, elevating my gaze to the mirror, through which I can see James.

I find that he is already looking at me, but think nothing of it. He just nods and produces a faithful, determined smile.

"Sure," He nods, "Um... are... is Matt..."-

I roll my eyes, "You don't need to worry about them. They had their moment, they'll leave you alone."

"And if not, I'm sure our new buddy Warren will give you a helping hand. After all, he'll probably wanna' impress his maiden." Joyce makes kissing faces and nudges me with her elbow, to which I just swat it away, embarrassed.

James looks monotonously out of the window to watch the wall of leaves float by. I glance at him again via the mirror; he looks... placid, in a dark way. Like there's something weighing his mind down. Oh well. Hopefully in time he'll learn to trust me. He is an odd little thing. He must have had it hard in his last school - and no offence intended, but his appearance really doesn't help. He's got to like himself before anyone else can. And now I sound like some psychologist, ha!

We finally arrive at Ricky's lovely house. It's just gone ten, and through the downstairs windows we can see silhouettes moving and can hear the vibration of the base of the music. People are chilling out on the grass, someone is throwing up in the bushes, and couples are kissing drunkenly or just genuinely. I happily walk up the path towards the steps which lead up onto the wooden terrace, where more people are hanging out. I stop for a moment to look around at the familiar faces; at the far end, leaning in the corner against the wooden ledges, I spot Matt.

He sees me, too, and takes a long sip from his plastic cup. I just flick my hair, again, and link arms with James to prepare for our entrance through the open front door. James glances down at my arm, then up at me, a smile tweaking.

"Shall we?" I smile playfully.

"After you, m'lady." He waves his free hand out and bows his head.

I laugh and enter with him just behind me. Joyce is in front. She sweeps up a bottle of beer and uses her masculine talent to take off the lid with her teeth. Spitting it out, it falls in some guy's lap who's sitting on the couch, and she winks flirtatiously, before turning, arms in the air, and 'whoooo'ing like a party animal. One beer is ok for her. She knows her limit when she's driving.

"Do you want a drink?" James calls into my ear.

I nod, with a scrunched-up face, as I laugh and bob to the loud music. James smiles back before releasing his arm from mine and wandering over to the other side of the room to gather drinks for us. I hadn't told him what drink, but oh well, he knew it should be alcoholic. I know the gymnastics competition is coming up, and alcohol isn't healthy... but it's not as though I drink every night. And I'll work it all off tomorrow in the hall. Practise.

I lean up on my tiptoes and peer over the heads in the living room to watch James as he gets our drinks for us. But two hands slide down from above my head and cover my eyes - I freeze, grinning, placing my hand on them excitedly.

"Guess who." Warren's breath tingles against my ear.

I spin round and smile up at him, "You made it, then."

"Yeah; I had a little trouble seeing the road though. I'm nearly blind by the way, so- oh... wait, no. You know that don't you. Silly me." He sarcastically acts out; I know he is teasing me.

I slap his arm playfully, "Are you never gonna' let that one go?"

Warren, still toying with me, sucks in his lips and pretends to think, "Hmm... nope."

I roll my eyes, "Meanie."

He laughs and takes this as an opportunity to touch me. His finger tips brush against my nose, but this only makes me smile so much more. Then, all of a sudden, James comes tumbling into us and spills a cup of beer all down Warren's grey t-shirt.

Warren yells out, I gasp, people around us who had witness the accident cheer (and some even boo angrily; come on, I mean, it's not like James did it on purpose). James begins to apologise over and over, but Warren gets tired of it and holds his hands up, stressed.

"What is wrong with you??" Warren growls out loud.

James blinks in a stun, "I didn't mean to, sorry mate, I"-

Warren interrupts him angrily, in disbelief, "I saw you coming; what did you trip on??"

"Warren." I snap in shock; what was his problem?

Warren glances at me, then back at James. He just sneers, waves a hand out, and then turns away towards the kitchen, probably to find a cloth or some tissue to soak up the excess alcohol. I sigh in disappointment and relax, stroking my hair back.

James shakes his head, "I'm such an idiot. I just seem to keep making more enemies for myself."

I tut and scowl, "He's not your enemy, he's just a little... touchy. Don't worry about it. How's about we get me another drink?"

James is soon plucked up again, and I take a hold of his shoulder so he can lead me back across the room without getting separated. The night was becoming hazy. After just an hour, I was beginning to feel very light-headed. But I didn't care. The feeling was amazing. I hadn't been drunk, ever, like this. Not properly. I had always limited myself to feeling tipsy. I couldn't understand it, either, as I'd only had about four beers and one shot. Perhaps it was the light lunch and no supper?

"Hey, Ally," Joyce grabbed my arm from behind and put her lips to my ear, "It's coming onto twelve - wanna' make a move soon?"

I groan like a spoilt kid and pull my arm away as I turn to face her, "No."

But when I do so, I lose my balance somewhat and fall into the wall. People near me shout 'whoa!' or just stare and laugh; it's perfectly normal to see that. They find it entertaining. And I was on my way to being very drunk so I couldn't tell the difference in myself.

Joyce rolls her eyes, "How much have you had to drink?"

I grin lazily at her as I begin to walk away - well, sway away, "Not enough. I need to find Warren."

Joyce tries to call after me, saying something about her sleeping in my house, but I ignore her and drift through the people. I try to find Warren, but he's nowhere to be seen. I did, however, find James talking to a girl from my History class - Rebecca. She was a bit geeky, too. At least he had found a friend.

"James - have you seen Warren?" I ask, my words slurring, and my body swaying constantly.

James shakes his head and simply places another drink in my hand. It's a cup, with what seems like orange juice in it. I sniff it and the smell makes me flinch.

"Crap, what is this??" I groan.

James chuckles with Rebecca, "My own mix."

Rebecca holds her cup up, "It's great, try it!"

I stare into the cup and try to focus. Then I just down it, and throw the cup away. I wanted to see Warren. I was worried I had offended him earlier by butting in like that - I wasn't trying to take sides. I stumbled past James and continued my search for him. The night went on. My eyes couldn't focus, my head was spinning - or the room was, either one - and then finally, to top it off, my stomach began to churn nauseously.

I lean over the kitchen sink as I swallow down my sick. No way. I don't want to throw up. Nooooooo! Hands find my cold shoulders; I look up and see James' reflection in the dark window. I feel at ease. I know he'll take care of me. He drags me away from the sink and takes me all the way through the house and outside into the front garden, where he guides me round the sideway where we're on our own in the comforting shadows. There, I chuck up at least five, maybe six times. Could have been more, I don't really remember. I know I threw up as much as I could before there was nothing left to come up. At least that was part was over. But now came the empty dizziness and severe nausea.

From then on, all I remember are snippets of moments. A taxi. James' face next to me, under the passing lamplight from outside. Then I fell over, I think, outside on the concrete. My knees were sore, but it was nowhere near as painful as my bruised stomach or head. Then I was in a soft bed, and drifting. The pain... the discomfort. I remember, before falling into darkness, thinking to myself: 'I'm never drinking again.' I wonder if I will stick to my statement, as a pose to most teenagers. Or most people. After all, this is Booze Britain, ey?

Jame's POV:
~~~I know that to anyone else, this would look bad. Very bad. But... anyone else isn't me. They're all on the outside, looking in, but I'm in the middle of this whirlwind of emotions. I'm the one experiencing this. They wouldn't understand.

I know I gave Ally one too many drinks. But is that so bad? She had a good time, and that's all I wanted. And now she's come back to my house instead of hers, which is much safer than letting that stupid Joyce drive her home; she'd had more than 2 beers, which she had sworn was her limit. I couldn't risk Ally being put in such a dangerous situation. So I did what I had to.

So now I can sit here all night if I want to and just watch her sleeping. I don't know why I'm sitting on the computer chair on the other side of the room, though. She's passed out. Unconscious. I don't think anything could wake her now. Besides, even if she did wake up and find me next to her, she wouldn't think anything of it.

I'm falling for her.

I need to move closer. So I will... Slowly... Carefully... Wow, her skin looks great. Maybe I could just... Softly... Wow... It feels divine, too. A little lower... Under her skirt...

I have my camera over there. Perfect. No one else will see them. They'll just be for me, and me only. When I feel lonely or need Ally close but can't have her at that moment. Well I'll have her tonight, as much as I can. And my camera will prove it.

I'm falling for you, Ally. I want you to want me, to need me, to touch me back. I'll make sure you hate every other guy that comes into your life - I'll make sure I'm all you have. I'll be the only real man in your life. Forever.

I've fallen for you, Ally. Now, pose for the camera.~~~