Just Keep Breathing

Devil's Trap Part One

I pulled my car to a stop in front of my dad, Bobby’s house. I grinned when I saw the Impala in my parking spot. Unbuckling myself I swung open the door and got out of the car, Rumsfeld looked up at me from his resting place on the hood of dads car. I patted him on the head as I passed him and headed for the front door. It opened before I reached it as dad quickly pulled me inside.

“What’s going on dad? Why are the Winchesters here?” I asked quietly, he shushed me and pulled me to the living room that looked barely inhabitable. Books littered the room but among the mess I saw two boys, one sitting and the other, Dean, standing. Dean gave me a crooked smile before rushing forward to hug me lightly, I wrapped my arms around his mid section and buried my face in his chest, taking in his scent. He pulled away too quickly for my liking.

“This is my brother Sam,” Dean stated as he pointed to the young man in the corner, “Sam, this is Eden, Bobby’s daughter,” Dean introduced as he took hold of my hand and pulled me towards Sam. I smiled at him softly before shaking his hand.

“Its lovely to meet you, Dean talked about you a lot,” I stated quietly, he smiled at me but I could see that it was forced, he looked upset and I wanted to know why. Turning quickly I took the short few steps to my dad. “Can I talk to you for a minute?” I asked, he nodded and followed me into the kitchen.

“What’s wrong honey?” Dad enquired as I closed the door.

“What’s going on here, why are they here?” I demanded as I turned to face him.

“John’s missing…. They need our help,” Dad answered, his face pained as my heart broke, I had been close with Dean and John ever since I met them, two years ago. I nodded and willed myself not to cry.

“How?” I asked, my dad walked towards me and pulled me into a much needed hug.

“He went to stop a demon and didn’t come back, when Dean called his phone the demon answered, she says she killed him,” dad replied, I glanced up at him quickly, shaking my head.

“His not dead,” I stated quietly, pulling away from dad I headed into the living room as dad stopped to grab to flasks. I smiled at Dean as dad came through the door behind me and handed dead a flask of holy water while opening the other.

“What is this… holy water?” Dean asked, Dad nodded.

“That one is, this ones whiskey,” dad answered as he took a gulp from the small flask, before offering it to dean.

“Bobby thanks, thanks for everything,” Dean said quickly while excepting the flask and taking a drink from it. “Tell you the truth, I wasn’t sure if we should come,” Dean admitted.

“Nonsense. Your daddy need help,” Dad stated.

“Yeah but last time we saw you, I mean, you did threaten to blast him full of buckshot, you cocked the shotgun and everything,” Dean explained, moving is arms about to make his point.

“Yeah, well, what can I say? John just has that effect on people.” Dad stated, I giggled at this, earning both Sam and Dean attention.

“Yeah I guess he does,” Dean replied while smiling at me, I returned it quickly.

“None of that matters now. All that matters is that you get him back,” Dad stated while looking at me with a small smile on his lips.

“Bobby… this book… I’ve never seen anything like it,” Sam exclaimed, catching the attention of both dad and Dean while I walked over to look out the window when Rumsfeld began to bark.

“Key of Solomon,” Dad said to Sam, while I looked out the window, only to see him barking into thin air, I shook my head while smiling. “it’s the real deal, alright,” dad carried on.

“Stupid dog,” I mumbled while walking back over to dad and Sam.

“”And…and these protective circles they really work?” Sam asked, glancing at the book. I rolled my eyes before looking over Sam’s shoulder at the book.

“Hell yeah, you get a demon in one and they’re trapped, powerless,” I stated, glancing at my dad who was smiling.

“It’s like a satanic roach motel,” dad said with a grin. Sam chuckled before being interrupted by Dean.

“Man knows his stuff,” Dean exclaimed as he walked closer to us.

“I’ll tell you something else too.” this is some serious crap you boys stepped in,” Dad exclaimed, suddenly turning serious.

“Oh yeah? How’s that?” Sam questioned, glancing at dad with anxious eyes.

“Normal year, I hear of… say, three demonic possessions. Maybe four tops. This year, I heard of twenty-seven so far, you get what I‘m saying?” dad explained, “more and more demons are walking among us, a lot more.”

“Do you know why?” Sam asked,

“No, but I know it’s something big. Storm’s coming. And you boys and your daddy… you are smack in the middle of it,” Dad stated while Sam nodded his head in agreement, I glanced at Dean to seen him looking at me. Suddenly, everyone’s attention turned to the window as Rumsfeld barking had suddenly stopped and all was quiet. Dean pulled me towards him as dad stood quickly and rushed to the window.

“Rumsfeld, what is it?” he asked while looking through the shutters. “Something’s wrong,” dad said as I broke free from Dean’s grip and ran for the door, only to stumble back in shock as it was kicked open to reveal a young, blonde woman standing there. Dean once again rushed forward to grab me, pulling me back with one arm as his other hand reached for the holy water.

“No more crap okay?” the woman asked, as I was pushed behind Dean. I looked at him, his eyes held rage as he ran at the woman, holy water at the ready, only to be flung back into the wall.

“Dean,” I yelled as I ran towards him.

“Eden,” my dad called after me but I took no notice of him as I reached Dean and kneeled beside him.

“Aww… how cute,” the woman murmured as I shook Dean. She quickly turned her attention back to Sam. “I want the colt, the real colt, right now,” she demanded as Dean began to move, I sighed in relief as he sat up quickly and glanced at me, telling me to be quiet, I nodded and smiled at him slightly.

“We don’t have it on us, we buried it,” Sam answered, Meg laughed lowly before beginning to talk.

“Didn’t I say ‘no more crap’? I swear after everything I heard about you Winchester‘s… I gotta tell you, I‘m a little under whelmed. First Johnny tries to pawn off a fake gun… and then he leaves the real gun with you two chuckleheads. Lackluster, man. I mean did you really think I wouldn’t find you?” she said as Dean stood up.

“Actually, we were counting on it.” Dean stated, as he looked up at the devil trap on the ceiling. “Gotcha,” Dean said with a smirk. I grinned as I stood up and quickly headed for my dad. Meg glanced around the room, her face held confusion.

“A devils trap??” she asked, I nodded with a smile. “Son of a bitch,” Meg muttered as dad took my arm and pulled me in the direction of the kitchen as the boys followed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys, I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter, I'll have more up soon.
please comment, it means a lot to me.