The Pros and Cons of Living

Part 10

Frank’s POV

I forgot that in order for Aiden to go to Ray’s, we would have to tell him what was going on.

Of course once Aiden found out he told Bella. Now Bella, Jack, and Aiden will be living with us. Like a family again.

Only I think it’s going to be harder for Gerard to get sober with everyone here.

Maybe Bella was right though. Maybe seeing his family by his side will make is easier for him. I hope so because last time was utter hell….

Bella's POV

I went into Aiden's room one morning when I woke up and Jack was still sleeping.

"How's Dad?"

"The bedroom door's closed and locked... I don't know..." I said quietly. "They only lock it when--."

"Things aren't good." Aiden finished quietly.

"Hey, things are going to be okay..."

Aiden shrugged and forced a sad smile. "Yeah, I guess so...."

I sighed and sat down by him. Both of us stood when the door opened. Daddy came out, looking exhausted. He’d obviously been up all night.

“What’s wrong?” Aiden asked.

“Nothing. Gee’s finally sleeping so be real quiet guys.” He said, yawning.

“Maybe you should get some sleep too.” I said. “I’ll watch over stuff…”

“I’m fine, baby. Thanks. I’m just gonna make some breakfast.” He went off.

About ten minutes later the fire alarm went off. Dad had fallen asleep at the stove and burnt his omelet.

Frank's POV

"DAD!"

My eyes snapped open. "Huh?"

Bella shoved me over, turning the oven off. "Get on the couch and sleep NOW, Dad."

"Who do you think you--Hey! Don't you dare pick me up!"

Bella was shoving me towards the couch. I fell onto it and glared.

"This isn't--." I got comfortable. "Over." I fell asleep.

Frank's POV

I woke up later that day and made my way to our bedroom. Gerard was still asleep, twisting and turning in a cold sweat.

I crawled into bed by him, wrapping my arms around him. He whimpered and burrowed his head in the crook of my neck, clinging to me.

I sighed and rubbed his back. He relaxed a little and smiled in his sleep, then rolled over and let out a soft snore. I fell in love with him all over again.

Gerard's POV

I woke up in Frankie's arms with him rubbing my back.

"Mmmh, hi." I said, trying to ignore the major migraine I had.

"Good afternoon, love." Frank smiled.

I curled into him, whimpering slightly. I hated feeling like I needed alcohol to survive... I hated it and knew it was bad for me. But I still fucking wanted more.

"It's okay..." he whispered, standing up. He helped me out of bed. "Let's go eat some, okay?"

I took a deep breath and nodded. "I d-don't want Aiden to see me like this, Frank."

"He's gone now baby and Bella and Jack are out with Nikki."

I nodded and found myself sitting at the table a few minutes ago. "When was the last time I took a shower?" I asked, frowning.

Frank laughed. "About the same time I did which means we need them bad."

I forced a smile and rubbed my head.

Gerard’s POV

I sighed contently, letting the warm water flow over me. I ran my fingers through my hair, sighing again. It was nice to finally be alone and… just… alone.

Don’t get me wrong. I loved being around Frankie. But he was like a fucking hawk lately.

And yeah, I know he’s got reason to be. I quickly washed off, dried off, and got dressed. Normally Frank and I would shower together and take a very loooong time. Obviously none of that fun stuff would be happening a while,

Sadly. Very sadly.

I walked out of the bathroom. Frankie was on our bed, reading a Stephen King book. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen him read that same book, but it seems like he always it. It must be good, so I’ll probably end up reading it. I’ll do almost anything to keep my mind off of alcohol and drugs… though it usually doesn’t even work…

Frank's POV
A Week later...

"Hey, Gerard are you up to eating out tonight?" I aksed Gerard, coming into the kitchen where he was drinking coffee.

"I don't care." he shrugged. He'd lately taken on the 'I don't care' attitude. Lately he acted more emo than an emo teenager.

"Do you want to go out or not?" I asked again.

"With who?"

"With me." I sighed.

"No." he also sighed.

"So the only time we're gonna do anything together is when you want a hand job to take your mind off drugs or when you're puking?" I asked angrily. I knew it wasn't his fault, but I didn't care.

"Yeah, probably."

I growled and stormed off, muttering angrily as I went.

Gerard's POV

I crawled into bed, lazily pulling the covers over me. Frank, who'd been rather bitchy all day, came in and got in bed.

"If you weren't going through a lot of shit, Gerard, I'd be fucking your brother right now." he said angrily. "Now hold me."

I wrapped my arms around his thin waist and his small body curled into mine. "I'm sorry I was mean earlier, Frankie..."

"It's okay..." he sighed. "I just wanted to spend some time with you and I thought I'd come up with the perfect plan to get you out of the house and having a good time... I guess I didn't though..."

"I'm sorry, Frankie."

"No." he yawned. "It's okay. Don't worry about it."

"How about tomorrow?" I asked, now feeling guilty.

"Maybe."

"Frankie... let's go now."

"What?"

"Now. Lets go now."

"It's midnight, Gee."

"We're adults, our kids aren't toddlers... let's go...."

He sat up, arching his eyebrow. "Are you serious?"

"As in not Harry's godfather, yes."

"....Okay... let me get ready."

Frank’s POV

Gerard and I both pulled on jeans and T-shirts, and then headed for the car. There wasn’t really anywhere we could go, but hey… when Gerard decided something, it was gonna happen. You learned certain things after living with him almost twenty years.

Damn…. Twenty years… and the sex still hasn’t gotten old!

I got into the drivers seat and he got in the passenger seat, yawning.

“Are you sure you wanna go out this late? You’re tired.”

“What? It’s not like we’re old and can’t stay out late at night anymore or anything.” Gerard said in a almost snappish tone.

“Found another gray hair, huh?” I chucked to myself.

“If you must know…. Yes…. And it was more than one.”

I couldn’t help but start laughing. Maybe now he’ll care more about dying his hair than drugs.

“It isn’t funny!” he snapped. “I don’t see you getting gray hairs.”

“That’s because I’m younger.” I grinned.

“Oh, shut up.” He moaned. “Where are we going?”

“Let’s go get pancakes at McDonalds!” I said happily.

“They won’t serve that now, hon…”

“I guess we’re just gonna have to find something to do until then.” I said, turning the radio on.

“You’re serious?”

“One hundred percent. I’m awake now. You aren’t getting out of this, buddy.” I said, turning it up. Bella had driven last night and Welcome To The Black Parade was on. I started singing with Gerard’s part and he rolled his eyes. “What?” I asked pouting adorably. “C’mon, drive.”

“You realize two gay guys going around aimlessly at night is practically asking for us to get shot, right?”

I rolled my eyes. “Pshaw. Who could kill two sexy lads like ourselves?”

Gerard’s POV

“YAYAYAYAYAY! Pancakes!” Frank said excitedly, opening the case with his pancakes inside it. “SYRUPY GOODNESS!! Oh man, I could have a goodfasm eight here, Gee!”

“You mean foodgasm?” I asked, smiling.

“Who the fuck cares?” he spread the syrup on his pancakes, cackling. “Oh man it looks sooooo good.” He let out a moan of pleasure.

I rolled my eyes. “Are you that sex deprived, baby?”

“I’m that food deprived.” He said shoving a humongous bite of syrup covered pancake into his mouth. “Oh fuck yeah… that’s the stuff. I need more, more, more.”

“You’re gonna get us kicked our or arrested.” I laughed.

“As long as I get these pancakes, I don’t care.”

“Well then you can be the one to explain to whomever bails us out that you had an orgasm eating pancakes.”

An old woman looked over at us. Frank grinned adorably and waved. “Hello ma’am.”

She turned around, whispering something to the old man behind her.

“Well you can give me an orgasm then.” Frank whispered.

“God, Frank, why are you so cheery so early?”

“Cause I’m sleep deprived, hungry, horny, and looking at you.”

“Was that a compliment, complain, and hit on all at once?” I asked, arching my eyebrow.

“Uh-huh. Wanna go have sex in the bathroom?”

“Sure!”

“Really?”

“No, Frank… there’s the backseat of the car for that.”

“I think I’m done with my pancakes now.”

I laughed. “Frankie, eat.”

“But I wanna eat you.”

The old woman and man stood up and stormed off.

“Hehehehehe.” Frankie giggled. “That was fun.”

“Are you ever going to not find it funny to torture old people with your sexual activities?”

“Nope.” He smirked. “But who said I was doing it just to torture them. Maybe I do want you in the backseat… now…”

“You’re just trying to get me horny then you’re gonna be like ‘Never mind, I’m sleepy now’.” I pouted.

“Would I ever do that to you?”

“Yes, considering you’ve done it a million times before.”

“Not a million… and plus, at least you aren’t on deprivation.”

I shuddered at the thought. “Okay, hurry up. Let’s go. Now.”

Aiden's POV

"Let me get this straight... you got arrested... because you all gave each other hand jobs in the bathroom at McDonalds at four in the morning?" I asked, arching my eyebrow.

"Yes." Frank smiled proudly.

"And you guys call me whores. At least I don't get hand jobs in public places."

"Oh no, Aiden, because screwing around in a church is no where near as bad as in McDonalds."

I frowned, and then shrugged. “At least I didn’t get arrested. I guess you guys are just so old you’re losing your touch.”

“Yeah, Gee--… wait, what? You guys?” Frank asked.

“You got caught too, Dad…. I didn’t see you bailing him out.”

“HAHA! See! Now I’m not the only old one! You’re 35!!! HAHAHA! THIRTY FIVE!”

“W-Well you’re gonna be FORTY in April!”

“How dare you mention the f word!”

Frank’s POV

“Oh my god, Gerard… I wish Jack would quit crying.” I whined at two in the morning a few nights later.

“Mmh.” He moaned, half asleep. “BELLA! SHUT HIM UP!

The crying got louder.

“Mmh.” I whimpered, pulling a pillow down over my head. The sound was muffled, but I could still hear little Jack screaming.

“Hrmm.” Gerard moaned, curling up to me.

Finally, there was silence. I wrapped my arms around Gerard, stroking his side. His breathing became steady and he curled farther into me, smiling. He’d been sleeping better now that he was sort of over his withdrawal. There were now more good days then bad, I should say.

I settled down, closed my eyes, and felt myself drifting to sleep. Jack let out a scream and Gerard jumped in my arms, causing my eyes to snap open.

“FUCK!”

Gerard’s POV

My eyes snapped open for the fiftieth time.

“Fuck!” Frank growled, letting out an annoyed huff. “I hate the fact that you’re almost fucking forty and its still like we’re parents to babies. WHY ISN’T BELLA GETTING HIM?”

I rubbed sleep from my eyes, too tired to make a comment about me turning f-f… that age in April. “I dunno, but maybe you should.”

“I’m not getting up, you get up.”

“No, you get up.” I whimpered. “I feel nauseous.”

“Bullshit.” Frank muttered, getting out of bed. “Annabelle Marie! Why are you not getting your so— Oh dear God….”

“Frankie? Is everything okay?” I asked, getting worried. I got out of bed and went out there, towards Anna’s room. I saw Anna in bed with… woah… that kid Aiden makes out with. “Woah, I sure hope those aren’t your boxers right there.” I said, looking at him.

“Y-… you need to get Jack… and you, boy—you need to go home before I call your mom.”

The kid looked annoyed.

Frank turned and left. I looked at them, then pointed at Bella. “Haha! You’re in trouble now!”

Frank’s POV

I cannot believe my daughter did that. My daughter is a whore. That’s all there is to it.

My Annabelle is a whore.

Where did we go wrong? We gave her enough attention.

Aiden’s a whore too….

Oh my god… Gerard and I raised whores….

Am I a whore? Is he a whore? How did this happen to me?

I mean… I raised kids that are…

Uh….

Sexually active. And one’s not even a teenager yet!!!

I am a failure…. A stupid oompa loompa like failure….

Where’d my skittles go?

Frank's POV
Several Weeks Later...

"Do you... did Gerard call you, Ray?" I asked ray at like midnight, over the phone.

"What?" I heard him tiredly ask.

"Gee left to get groceries.... three hours ago." I said, switching my cell phone to my other ear.

"Did you call him?" Ray asked. I heard him sitting up in bed.

"He didn't pick up.... all forty billion times." I said, wringing my hands nervously. "I can't look.... he's got the car.... what if something’s happened to him, Ray?"

"I-... I'll get dressed and go check the--" Ray continued talking but I heard the door open. I threw the phone down and ran to look downstairs. I could hear him talking to Aiden.

I went back into our room.

"Frank? Frankie, are you there?" I heard him ask.

"He's here. I have to go." I said and hung up quickly.

Gerard came in, smiling.

"Where've you been? I thought you had gone and done something stup...if." I trailed off.

His eyes couldn't focus on me. He was obviously high. His hair was messy and his shirt was misbuttoned...

"Gerard..." I began.

"Yes, love?"

"I...." I trailed off. 'Who did you fuck?!' I wanted to scream. What are you on?!

I could only stare at him.

"Frankie?"

"I'm getting out of here." I whispered, standing up from where I had sat on our bed.

"Why?" he giggled.

Because maybe I'll go fuck someone up too. I said in my head.

"I need some fresh air." is what I really said, then I pulled on a hoodie and left. Luckily Bob lived close. I'd already bugged Ray and Mikey too much with our problems lately. Bob and I were pretty close anyway.

He opened his door almost instantly. I heard vomiting.

Right.... he was probably up since his wife was pregnant... I'd forgotten....

"Frank?" he asked.

"I.... can I stay the night?" I asked lamely.

"W-what's wrong? What's going on?"

"I just had a f-fight with Gee..." I lied. "Not really over anything I just... can't be..."

"Sure, you can stay." Bob said.

I heard more vomiting.

"I'll be right back, okay?" he asked.

I nodded.

He rushed off.

I collapse on the couch and fell asleep, wondering when enough would be enough and I would just leave him.

Two More Weeks Later....
Bob's POV

"Divorce?" I echoed, eyes widening.

Frank nodded, burying his head in his hands.

"W-Why?" Mikey asked, shocked.

Gerard looked down guiltily. Ray pulled Frank into a hug.

"What did you do, Gerard?" Mikey asked.

"Tell them about her, Gerard." Frank said quietly, beginning to cry hard into Ray's chest.

"Frank, shut up!" Gerard yelled. "Like you didn't--."

"I didn't!" he began sobbing. He then stood up and ran out of the house.

I got up and ran after him. We could hear Ray begin shouting at Gerard. Mikey then began shouting at Ray for shouting at Gerard. Something was then said quietly and then Mikey yelled loudly "HOW COULD YOU GERARD?!"

I thought I knew what was going on, but I wasn't sure. Frankie was in his and Gerard's car, head buried in his hands once again.

"Frank? What happened?" I asked, getting in.

"H-he slept with this g-girl an-and came h-home and accused me of h-having an af-affair with Davey a-and I can't deal with it anymore.... I c-can't handle it...H-he doesn't care, Bob... He suggested we divorce! He said he d-didn't love me an-anymore..." he said quietly, now no longer even crying. I could barely hear him. "He said he was done..."

"Do Bella and Aiden know?"

"Bella does... She heard us arguing."

"Oh, Frankie..." I said. I couldn't think of what else to say. This wasn't even Frank... it was like someone else... "You can stay here with us as long as you need too."

"Thanks." he gave me a half smile.

"Anytime." I smiled back. "Want me to kick his ass?"

He began to cry again, shaking his head.

I reached over and pulled him into a hug. "It'll be okay, Frankie...."

"No it won't." he sobbed into my shoulder. "It's never going to be okay."

THE END

The trequel to this story is here. It's title was recently changed to meet Mibbas writing guidelines. Click the link below,
Trequel To The Pros and Cons of Breathing