The Pros and Cons of Living

Part 3


Gerard’s POV

“What are you three doing here? It’s only one.”

“Long story, Daddy.” Bella said.

I looked at the three of them then shrugged. I used to ditch all the time too. I could really care less. I doubted Frank would either.

“Should we leave and pretend you never saw us?” Matt grinned.

I rolled my eyes. “Skipping is bad and I condone it in no way whatsoever, Matt.” I said. “Aiden, this better be your first time.”

“And last?” Aiden asked.

“Hell no. You’re a Way. You have to skip at least once a week.”

Frank’s POV

I got back from my doctors appointment (they still made me bloody go.) and saw not only my husband, but my daughter, son, and Matt sitting on the couch watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.

“Did school get let out early?” I asked.

“Nope. We skipped.” Bella said.

“And you, Aiden? You know the team won’t let you on if they find out.”

“Sure they will. First offense.” Aiden shrugged.

“Oh, he isn’t going for the team. Unless he wants the shit kicked outta him.” Matt said.

“Why?” I asked, glancing at Aiden then at Matt.

“Because he took up for Bella.” Matt said.

I grinned at Aiden, who looked down and muttered something under his breath.

“Ooh! You’re watching my movie.” I said, lying down in front of the TV. I saw, in the TV, Matt look at Bella and both of them began giggling.

“What?” I pouted.

“Ignore the big mean kids, baby.” Gerard laughed.

“Hey, it isn’t funny. Soon my daughter will be taller than me.” I said, pouting even more and looking at Gerard.

“Aww, come here.” Gerard grinned.

I smiled and climbed on his lap, snuggling up to him. His arms went around me and we cuddled together, watching the movie.

Aiden’s POV

Sometimes when they act like that in public, it freaks me out. When they do it at home though, it freaks me out more. Because at home they aren’t doing it to piss others off. And maybe they aren’t in public either.

Sometimes I think that they found true love. That they really and truly love each other and I don’t know why that scares me. Sometimes I don’t think I can love anyone as much as my dads love each other. Of course there are days when they fight, but you can still tell they love each other. Like if Dad (Gerard) makes Dad (Frank) cry, Dad(Gerard—God, this is annoying!) will come and hold Dad(Frank—AGH!!!) until he’s better. Then they’ll disappear into the bedroom for a long time and I get thoroughly disgusted.

Ooh, bad mental images.

But I still don’t know if I can love anyone that much. How could I, I mean? I mean, how can any like me find love like that?

Frank’s POV
Two Days Later….

“Dad, I can’t go to school today.”

“Why?”

“I just can’t, okay?”

“Fine, Aiden, but you missed the last two days.”

“I know, dad.” Aiden sighed.

“Anything wrong?”

“No.” he sighed again.

“Why don’t you go introduce yourself to the new neighbors?” I asked.

“Huh?”

I nodded at the window. He followed my gaze to where a teenage boy was outside reading and his eyes widened.

“Oh… fuck…” he muttered.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He said quickly. He blushed and ran up to his room.

Frank’s POV

I stared after Aiden a few minutes, and then looked outside. The kid was probably three years older than him if not more and he was most definitely on the non-jock-no-popularity-bound-to-be-picked-on scale.

And yes, such a thing exists, because I said it does.

And my darling baby had a crush on him. Thank God this kid wasn’t a jock.

“Gerard!” I called.

“WHAT?” he yelled from somewhere. Probably bed because my husband is still a lazy ass who sleeps until it’s time for the kids to get home unless I tempt him out of bed with things I’m not sure are entirely legal.

“C’mere, baby!” I yelled.

“NO!”

“Aiden’s home and I can’t yell what I would, so just get down here!”

Eventually a tired looking Gerard with messy hair came downstairs. “What?”

“Take Aiden to introduce the people across the street.”

“Why?” he grumbled.

I pointed. The kid was now talking to someone I guess was his dad.

“Ooooh.” Gerard said knowingly. “AIDEN! GET THE TIGHTEST PAIR OF JEANS YOU HAVE ON!”

“He’s eleven!” I exclaimed.

“So? You were eleven and when I was sixteen it tempted you.”

“Well... shut up!” I said, blushing.

“That is the reason you first liked me and the both of us know it.” He said, backing me into a wall.

“Maybe.” I grinned, looking up at him.

He ran his fingers through my hair, pressing himself against me.

“Ew, Dad. Child home.” Aiden cringed, coming downstairs. Thank God he wasn’t in tight pants.

“Let me get dressed. And Frank, you have to come too.”

“Let’s not let them know they live across from gays yet, Gerard.” I said.

“What, you think I’m ashamed of you?” he asked.

“No, I just don’t wanna… start trouble. Remember when those one people moved in last year?”

“I don’t give a shit.” He said, pulling me upstairs with him. He changed into blue jeans and a t-shirt (Yes, we’re adults but some things never change.) and turned to me. He ran his fingers through my hair, kissing me. “Besides, even if they are homophobes, it’ll be fun to have a little fun…. And yes, I’m aware that sentence made no sense whatsoever.”

Aiden’s POV

Damn, I hate my life.

Why me?

You just had to know he had a boyfriend. You had to.

Gah. I’m gonna go stab myself with a spork.

Bella’s POV

“Why are you poking yourself with a fork?” I asked Aiden when Matt and I got into the kitchen after school.

“Because the sporks were all dirty.” He said.

“That isn’t a very bright way to commit suicide. It’ll take a couple of years.” Matt said.

I kicked Matt and glared.

“Well then hand me that knife.” Aiden said.

Matt reached for it.

“MATT!”

“What? I’m just granting his last wishes.”

“Go. Home.” I said, kissing him.

He sighed, kissed me back, and left.

“Now what’s wrong?” I asked.

“He has a boyfriend.”

“Oh… Who?”

Frank's POV

"Bella, your dad has to talk to you about something."

"I do? No sir, Gerard. You do."

"You! You handle this stuff."

"Not the sex talk, I don't!"

"You said YOU would handle it."

"I said YOU would handle it."

"No, you did not."

"Dad--."

"Bella, stop and let Daddy talk."

"What, am I six?!"

"By the way you were making out with that brat, it's quite obvious you're older than six." Gerard snapped.

"Gerard, you were like that when you were sixteen."

"I was a fat loser when I was 16. I acted like that when YOU were sixteen."

"Are you saying I was easy?!"

“Wait! Are you saying I'M easy?" Bella shouted.

"Yes and... Frank, of course you weren't easy. We were in love, we...."

"I'm in love!" Bella shrieked. "If he can be in love at 16, why the fuck can't I?!"

"SEE FRANK? If you would've handled this, no one would be angry."

"How is it MY fault you have a big mouth?"

"You don't seem to care about my big mouth when it's sucking your--."

"GERARD!" Frank shouted.

"DADDY! EWWW!"

"I'm leaving now." Bella said, and quickly left the living room.

"Great, Gerard. Just fucking great."

"What? She knows we have sex."

“She doesn’t need to know the details… God, Gerard. Are you an idiot?”

“I must’ve been for marrying you!”

That hurt. I glared at him and sat on the chair farthest away, glaring down at my feet.

“I-I didn’t mean it, Frankie…” Gerard whispered. “I--.”

“You’re right, but the idiot here is me for marrying you.” I said cruelly.

“For fuck’s sake.” Gerard groaned, storming out of the room.

Aiden's POV

"Why are mom and dad fighting?"

"I dunno. One minute they were talking about blow jobs, and then they were screaming." Bella shrugged. "I'm going to Matt's now."

"..... Ew."

Gerard's POV

"I told you I was sorry."

"You're always sorry. For thirteen years you've been sorry. And yet you still do it over and over and over."

"But this time--."

"You mean it." Frank mimicked.

"God, what crawled up your ass and died?" I sneered.

Frank's POV

"Obviously nothing has been in my ass you... you... you ASS!"

"Oooh, that was good Frank. Now lets come up with an adult insult."

"God I hate you sometimes!" I shouted, nearly shaking with anger.

"I hate you too!" he screamed.

I launched at him furiously. I knocked into him and we fell onto the bed. He kissed me hard on the mouth and I began undoing his belt.

“God, hurry up.” He moaned, pushing my t-shirt off over my head.

“I hate you so much.” I grunted, unbuttoning his pants. “You’re such as ass.”

“Then why are you making out with me?” I asked, kissing down his neck.

“Mmh, cause I can’t help it. You’re just so yummy.”

Gerard laughed and kissed down my chest.

“DAD! SOMEONE’S AT THE FRONT DOOR!”

“FUCK!” Gerard and I shouted together.

"No, you can do that later!" Aiden called. "Now you have to open the door!"

I pulled my shirt on, glared at Gerard, and went to get the door. He followed, buttoning up his pants. Aiden looked thoroughly disgusted and ran off towards his room.

"Gerard, could you not do that in front of my son?" I snapped.

"What?" he snapped back.

"I hate you, Gerard. I hat--oooh, God." he shoved me against the door, kissing me hard again.

There was another bang on the door. "OPEN UP, MAN! THIS IS IMPORTANT!"

I groaned. "But I hate that guy just a little more..."

"What?" I exclaimed.

"I didn't know until yesterday. I tried to call, but couldn't get an answer... so I caught a Red Eye flight and flew to fucking Canada. He's here, man."

"Here? In Canada?"

"Yeah. I found the plane ticket receipt. He's in a hotel 10 minutes away from here."

"Shit." Gerard moaned.

Gerard opened the door.

"What in the fuck are YOU doing here?" he snapped.

"Listen, Gerard, I'm trying to help... it's Bert. He's after your daughter."

"What?"

"Yeah." Jepha said. "He said.... look, he's got everything.... Address, number, school schedule..."

"What?" I exclaimed.

"I didn't know until yesterday. I tried to call, but couldn't get an answer... so I caught a Red Eye flight and flew to fucking Canada. He's here, man."

"Here? In Canada?"

"Yeah. I found the plane ticket receipt. He's in a hotel 10 minutes away from here."

"Shit." Gerard moaned.

"What do we do?" I asked Gerard, grasping his hand.

"I.... call Matt's cell and get them here NOW. I'm calling the guys, she can fly to the US and stay with Mikey, Bob, or Ray. Uh.... Aiden should to incase. We'll stay here and maybe he's too stupid to notice." Gerard said, stroking my thumb with his.

"He isn't stupid or he wouldn't know her fucking school classes!"

"Frank, I don't know! I'm trying to come up with something, baby. I'm trying." he squeezed my hand so tight I almost winced. "I'm not gonna let him hurt Bella."

"How the hell can you stop him, Gerard? What could you fucking do?"

"I don't know.... just... I'm calling Mikey."

"What can MIKEY do?" Frank exclaimed.

"He can keep Bella and Aiden until we come up with something to do, Frank. Acting like a baby isn't going to solve anything."

"I'm not acting like a fucking baby! We can't do this on our own. We gotta call the police."

"And tell them what? Bert's is Canada? He'll lie, Frank."

"They can put two and two together!"

"The police add two and two and get negative five, Frank."

"Fine. So we just ship our kids off? That's your plan?"

"Give me something else then, Frank." Gerard said, glaring.

"You get to tell them since it's your bright idea, Gerard." I snapped, sitting on the couch. I sighed and put my chin in the palm of my hand, thinking of anything to do to get us out of this mess.

Two Hours Later...
Frank's POV

"There has to be something we can do, Gerard. We just aren't thinking of it. We don't need to send Bella back to the US."

"She'd be safer there than here, Frankie." Gerard said quietly. We were no longer bickering, we just wanted to figure something out.

"But I don't wanna send Bella OR Aiden there, Gee. I want them here with us."

"I want them here too, Frank, but we can't just let them get hurt."

"I know." I said sadly, looking down.

He nudged me. "It won't be long, baby. Only 1 or 2 weeks."

"You don't know that." I sighed, looking up at him.

He smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too."