The Pros and Cons of Living

Part 9

Frank’s POV

I walked into the room to find Gerard leaning over Jack’s sleeper, cooing and tickling him. I leaned in the door way watching him a bit and wondering where my children went. He eventually turned around, and then smirked.

“Are you looking at my ass?”

“So what if I am. That sexy ass is legally half mine.” I smirked back.

Jack let out a giggle, causing Gerard to laugh.

I went over and plopped on our bed. “No concert today, all day just us being in our pajamas and lazy and we can fucking eat!”

“Excited, huh?” he grinned.

I nodded eagerly and got out a bag of Skittles.

“It’ll be gone in 2 minutes.” He cooed to Jack. “Yes it will. Because Granny Frankie is cwazy.”

“DON’T CALL ME A GRANNY!”

Gerard’s POV

“Aww, Frankie don’t be huffy.” I said, pouting my lip adorably.

“I want to.” Frank said stubbornly.

I got on the bed and crawled up to him. He glared up at me.

“Aww, Frankie. How can you be mad at me?” I asked, crawling onto him.

“Geraaaaard.” He whined.

“Kiss me.”

“No.” Frank said stubbornly

“Kiss me.” I repeated.

“No.”

“Baby boo schnucklekins…”

“What the fuck are you on?” Frank laughed.

I grinned and pressed my lips to his.

He kissed back, then hit me and pouted. “You’re mean, using your sexiness against me.”

“I know.” I grinned. “But you know you love it.”

Three Days Later…
Frank’s POV

I told him I didn’t want to go. It was a bad idea.

Did he listen? No.

We went to that stupid after show party.

Some stupid person gave him some stupid alcohol.

And now he’s hung over. He was real fucking drunk too. He was gone for a whole hour. Who knows what in the fuck he did. He doesn’t even remember drinking. He doesn’t remember anything about last night, which is actually sort of scary.

“Frankie, can you get me some water?”

I gave him the dirtiest look I could muster, shoving a water bottle at him.

He took it, sighing.

“You could have gotten fucking killed Gerard. If Bob hadn’t found you… god, what do you think Bella and Aiden are thinking now?!” I hissed.

“I…” he gulped.

“Gerard… you don’t even remember it. That’s how fucking drunk you were…” I said, looking him dead in the eyes. “You could have gotten hurt or killed or raped… Gee…” I felt tears stinging my eyes.

“Frank… I didn’t…” he swallowed. “I didn’t mean to… make you upset.”

“Well you did, Gee. You went so long. Have you done anything else?” I asked, blinking back my tears.

“Frank—.”

“Answer the question, Gerard.”

“Yes.”

I slid down the wall and ran my hands over my face and through my hair. Then I leaned my head on the wall and tilted it up to look at the ceiling.

“Frank, please… don’t…”

“Gerard… I trusted you…” I said quietly.

He got up.

“Don’t come over here, Gee.” I said.

He did anyway, sliding down by me and pulling me into his arms.

“How could you do this, Gerard?” I asked, finally collapsing into tears. “How could you do it?”

Gerard sighed and rubbed my back.

“I don’t want it to happen again, Gee.” I sobbed.

“It won’t, I promise.” He whispered.

“I hate you for doing this, Gerard. I hate you.” I wrapped my arm around his waist.

“I’m sorry, baby… I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” He rocked me back and fourth, kissing my face.

“Don’t put me through it… no, don’t put Bella and Aiden through it…” I sobbed, burying my face in his chest.

“I won’t, Frankie… I won’t.” he stroked my hair. “I promise I won’t.”

I hoped his promises were what they used to be….

Gerard’s POV

It tore me up inside to see Frankie crying. He cried so rarely anymore and to think that it was all because of me really hit home. I rubbed his back, whispering how much I loved him.

It took him a while to calm down and when he did he looked at me with teary eyes and puffy cheeks.

“I’m sorry.” I said, looking him in the eyes.

“I can’t do it again, Gerard… I won’t…” he said, voice cracking. “I can’t put the k-kids through i-it, Gerard. I can’t… I can’t put myself through it.”

“I know, Frankie… I know it…”

“I love you so much.” Frank threw his arms around me, beginning to cry again.

My heart broke. “I love you too, baby.”

“Then why’d you fucking do this!” Frank shouted.

In another room, Jack began to cry.

“Why did you fucking do this Gerard?”

I sighed, knowing I deserved it. I wish I didn’t.

“Gerard, you just… you fucking…”

I winced, my head pounding.

“Baby…” he put his hands on my face. “Part of me wants to hit you so bad right now… but the other part wants to hold you… I hate that you can do this to me, Gerard… I…” he stroked my cheek, staring at me with the green eyes I fell in love with.

“I’m so sorry, Frankie… I didn’t mean too….”

“What else have you… you done, Gerard? You said you’d done other things.”

“I… I took some of Mikey’s Prozac.”

“Drugs… drugs, Gerard…” Frank got up and ran out.

Frank’s POV

I slid into a bench outside of the hotel and wiped my eyes. I couldn’t believe it… not only alcohol, but drugs… Mikey’s Prozac… who the hell even knew Mikey took Prozac?

I took several deep breaths to steady myself. Someone sat by me and I looked up at Ray.

“What’s wrong?”

I began to cry.

“Frankie?”

“He-he… he’s doing drugs again, damnit!”

“What?!”

I nodded and wiped my eyes.

“I… I’m gonna go talk to him. There’s no way…” Ray stood up and left.

Ray’s POV

“I only took some twice.” Gerard sighed, rubbing his face. He looked at me and sighed.

“You see why he’s making a huge deal of this? How many did you pop each time?”

“Two.” he sighed.

“When?” I asked.

“Yesterday… in the morning and before the show.”

“Fuck…” I shook my head. “Gerard, you—…”

“I’m not an addict!”

“Fuck you, Gerard! You were for a very long time more than once! And every time it started off with two here or there.”

“Yeah and Frank used to slit his wrists but every time he gets a paper cut do people go off on him?”

I couldn’t believe he’d said that and apparently he couldn’t either.

“I… I’m… sorry.” He said, tears filling his eyes. “Where is he?”

“He’s with Bob. Don’t mess with him now, Gee.”

I threw the door open, going to Bob’s room. I knocked and Bob answered.

“Gerard, not now…” Bob said.

“Let me see him.” I pleaded.

“Give him time to think things over.”

“I need to see him.” I moaned.

“Gee, no… go, sit, and wait. You made your bed. Go lay in it.”

I sighed and retreated to my room.

Frank's POV

After Bob had left, to deal with a pleading Gerard in the hallway, I slipped into the bathroom, tears streaming down my face. I took water in my cupped hands, splashing it on my pale face; feeling my fingertips brush against the skin. I shook my head, pressing a cushiony towel to my face, rubbing my nose on it. I sat down on the edge of the tub, sighing as my eyes caught Bob's toiletry bag, my hand slipping inside it. I retracted my hand as my fingertips were sliced by a sharp razor, but I was smiling inside. If Gerard could go back, why couldn't I? This wasn't something that would affect Aiden or Bella; no one would ever know, could ever- unless I chose to let it out.

I took the blade, and pulled up the sleeve of my oxford shirt. As the shiny implement rested on my skin, I pressed down, feeling the familiar cutting sensation that I had long forgotten. It felt so amazing, my escape, back into my life. Tell me I'm a bad man, I don't give a fuck at this time...this was heaven, having this back in my life. It didn't matter that Gerard was struggling, that Bella was trying to cope with Jack, that Aiden was desperately fighting to find himself. All that mattered was me, this room, the blade, and the drive to destruct.

Frank's POV
Two Days Later....

"Some are gone." Mikey said in a quiet voice, sitting by me.

"What?" I arched my eyebrow, pulling my sleeve down over my red wrist.

"I counted my pills the other day after you told me.... 3 are gone...."

I bit my lip, nodding.

"What are you going to do?"

"Nothing." I said, refusing to get upset.

"What?"

"H-he knows… and I'm not gonna fucking baby him..." I said.

"What if he gets addicted again?"

"I'm not going through this again." was all I said.

Mikey sighed and left. I glared at the wall a long time, until Gerard came in.

I wanted to kill him for doing this to himself. I know I told Mikey I basically didn't care, but I did. He's my husband. I love him.

"Three more, huh?"

His smile faded. "What?"

"I asked if you took any more of Mikey's medicine, Gerard."

"Why are you fucking accusing me?" he shouted.

"Because three are fucking gone and you fucking promised me! Two fucking days ago! When we overcame it the first and second time!" I shouted back. "So help you God, Gerard, if this gets out... y-your kids will go fucking crazy. The fans will. They look up to you for what you've overcome!"

He stormed out. I picked up a lamp that was on a hotel table and hurled it at the door after him.

A few seconds later the door opened and Bella stepped in. "Daddy.... w-what.... where'd Dad go?"

"I don't know." I sighed, absent mindedly scratching at my wrists.

Bella nodded. "If something was wrong... you'd tell me, right?"

"Of course." I lied, looking her in the eye.

She nodded, smiled, and left closing the door behind her.

I collapsed onto the bed, screaming into my pillow....

Aiden’s POV

I could tell something was wrong. Gerard and Frank weren’t like they used to be. They barely even touched. They would sit together and sometimes hold hands. But they didn’t kiss anymore, or hug. Frank didn’t curl on Gerard’s lap late after a show.

It was weird. I had always been crept out. But now I just want them to act like they used to. I wanted to know what happened. It’s been a full week. They never go this long fighting. I mean, what the fuck happened?

And poor Bob is freaking out. His wife isn’t on tour with us. She didn’t want to travel. I think its fun though.

Frank came onto the bus, looking older than I’d ever seen him. It was weird. Usually if the two of us were together, people assumed we were friends or brothers. Now he looked like a father.

“Dad, are you okay?”

He looked startled. I rarely called him Dad anymore. He smiled a bit and hugged me. “Nothing is wrong, Aiden.”

Then he left.

“That… isn’t what I asked.” I said lamely to no one. Now I was really worried. Because now it was official.

Something was really wrong….

Frank’s POV

I wanted to hate him. I wanted to leave him. I couldn’t believe he’d gotten drunk again. Brian brought him to the bus in a awful state. In front of Aiden and Bella. There was no ushering them out.

“He’s okay.” Brian said, laying Gee down.

“Frankie, you’re so pretty.” He said, staring at me in awe.

“Aiden, Bella… go get something to eat.”

“Is Dad okay?” Bella asked.

“He’s fine.” I said. “Just go.”

They left and I stared at Gerard. All the times I’d threatened to leave him if the kids found out, said I didn’t care what he did to himself… it was a lie. I loved him. This was tearing me apart.

But I knew I wouldn’t leave him. He was the love of my life.

I laid by him, pulling him close to me. He smiled at me and curled into me.

“I love you Frankie. You’re so tiny and Frankie-like.” He said happily.

“I love you too, Gerard.” I said fighting tears.

“Sometimes I think you don’t love me anymore.” Gerard said, rubbing his face.

“I’ll never quit loving you.” I choked out.

“Sometimes I think that you think that I think that you think that I love you.” He said, scratching his nose. He looked at me innocently. “And I think I’m done. Just POOF!” he stood up. The bus was empty bar us. “The stupid bus is gone—.” He threw his hands in the air. “This stupid tie is gone—.” He pulled his tie off, glaring. “A-and these instruments and the money!” he put his face by mine. “I think I’m insane, Frankie. And we’re not here… we’re not here…”

I blinked rapidly, willing the tears away.

“But we’re always together… together forever and ever and ever!” he sang, then collapsed on the couch. He’d passed out.

I pulled my legs to my chest and began to cry. God, I loved him… I loved him so much it hurt…

Gerard’s POV

I woke up in a bed I’d never been in with a hangover to rival all others. I moaned and sat up, scanning the room.

Another hotel. Big surprise there.

Frankie was on the floor. He was lying down, headphones on, with his eyes closed.

I laid back down, then got up and ran for the bathroom. I began puking immediately and felt familiar hands on my back.

“Get it all out…” Frankie whispered, pulling my hair back. “It’ll be okay, angel.”

I coughed and gagged a few times, then leaned against Frank. He continued to rub my back and I closed my eyes. My head pounded, I ached, and I wanted to die. But somehow just by being there Frank was able to make it just a little bit better.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered.

“It’s okay...” he whispered back, brushing the hair from my face. He looked me in the eyes. “It’s okay because we’re gonna get you through it… again…”

I pressed my lips to his neck, then nodded.

“Now I’ll get you in bed with some Tylenol and we’ll watch TNBC.”

I nodded, managing a small smile.

Frank's POV

We laid there curled on the bed for a good while, pretending nothing was wrong. I glanced down at my wrists.

I wouldn't cut anymore.... no... just because Gerard acts rash doesn't mean I have to. What am I, 16?

I ran my fingers through his long dark hair, kissing his cheek.

"I'm sorry." he whispered, leaning up to look at me.

"It's okay." I whispered back, rubbing his side.

His cell phone began to ring. Both of us looked down at it.

"I dunno the number." he shrugged, pushing ignore. They left a message and he went to listen to it.

His eyes widened and what color he had in his face instantly drained from it.

"What, Gee?" I asked.

He pushed speaker.

"Hello Mr. Way this is the Canadian Adoption Agency. We have a young woman here who claims to be your son's mother and she would like to speak with you." A fake happy voice said. "So if you could call me back I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and bye."

Frank's POV

"Sh-she probably just wants to meet us, Gerard...." I said.

"We can't take Aiden to meet his mom!" Gerard shouted. "Do you have any idea what that will DO to him?! He's just now starting to like us!"

I closed my eyes. Just when I think things are gonna be okay... my fucking life.....

"I know, Gee..." I said, rubbing my forehead.

"Well don't say you fucking know! What do we do?!"

"We can't just ignore the call. Tell the woman we can't meet her. Simple as that."

"It's the fucking government, it's got nothing to do with the woman. The mom says she doesn't want her kid raised by fags, they'll take him away!"

"NO THEY WON'T!" I screamed, tears filling my eyes.

"Then you call, Frank...." he shoved the phone at me, grabbed his jacket, and stormed out.

Frank's POV

He told me to call and I did.

I wish I hadn't.

We're legally bound. In four days we have to have Aiden at the adoption agency where we picked him up at. Telling Aiden that was so fucking hard. He acted calm about it but we're on the bus now and I can hear him sniffling in bed.

Gerard's mad at me for calling and is sleeping on the floor. I think he's a little high.

I think I am too because every hour on the hour for five hours I've popped a Motrin.

That means five.

I think.

What if they take Aiden away? What if they say we're unfit?

Our lifestyle is too... out there for children?

They can't take him away. It'll ruin everything.

Four Days Later…
Aiden’s POV

I gripped Gerard’s hand as we walked into the building. Him and Frank were fighting and Frank was walking behind, his huge white sunglasses on to cover his red eyes. Dad was high on something. I think. I’m pretty sure.

“I’m Frank.” Frank sniffed to a woman.

She smiled. “Someone will be right with you.”

I sat in between Gerard and Frank, taking a deep breath.

Was that blond woman my mom?

Or the pregnant one?

Was my mom here yet? Already somewhere else?

Was she gonna take me away? When I was younger I always wanted to meet my mom and dad… all I knew was my mom was really young when she had me…

But Frank and Gerard are my parents. I don’t want to leave them. Or Bella and Jack. I used to hate my lifestyle, but now I love everything about it. The traveling. The feeling like you have five or six dads versus one.

I took another deep breath and Gerard squeezed my hand. “It’s gonna be fine.” He said in my ear. “No one is taking you away, honey.”

I nodded, feeling like I was going to cry. God, I was such a baby…

They called us back there and all it was was a man. I looked at Gerard, who shrugged.

“She said she’ll be right back.” The man said.

I was wondering who the guy was, sitting down by Frank. I chewed on my lip and Gerard paced in small circles waiting.

”Gerard, sit down.” Frank said impatiently.

I sighed and pulled my hoodie (well, Frank’s—I seemed to steal all of his old clothes) tighter around me because it was cold. I had their song Prison in my head and was moving my foot to it.

A woman came in. She was dressed in a nice suit.

“Aiden, Frank, and Gerard?” she asked.

“Yes.” Frank said.

“Well Aiden your mother couldn’t make it today. There was a family emergency with her mom. This, however, is your dad.”

Gerard and Frank glanced at one another. Then Gerard pulled his chair by Frank and took his hand.

“So we’re here today because, Aiden, your parents want the opportunity to be in your life.”

I looked my ‘dad’ in the face. “My parents are in my life.”

I heard Frank give a small sob of happiness.

My dad, my real dad, looked at me. I stared back.

“Aiden… you’re our son.” He looked at Gerard and Frank. “I thank you for raising my son, but it’s time we take over.”

“Like hell you will!” Frank snapped.

“He’s my son!”

“Yeah you weren’t fucking there when the girl gave him away! What’s in it for you? Money? Found out we were celebrities?” Frank shouted.

“Of course not! He’s my son and I love him!”

“You don’t know him! You don’t know what his favorite movie is! You don’t know what his middle name is! You don’t know what his favorite food is or his favorite band!”

“But he’s MY son. It isn’t my fault you had to be a fag and like it up the ass and you can’t have kids of your own. I’m taking my son!”

I watched, like it was a ping pong game or something.

I opened my mouth to say something but before I could, Gerard interrupted me. “His favorite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas! His middle name is Riley! His favorite food is chicken! His favorite band is a tie between MCR and Anti-Flag! His first word was fucker! His first kiss was from a BOY named Aaron! He hates math and loves to read about wars!” he shouted. “And what do you fucking know? His birthday? There’s more to it then that… there’s more to being a parent then knocking up a teenager and I’ll be fucking damned if you ruin my family!”

“So you turned him into a fag?” my dad asked.

“It’s not like the fucking plague!” I snapped.

He looked at me. “You… want to stay with these two men?”

“Yes…” I said, looking back at him.

“Well… you can’t. Because the decision is up to the court and they aren’t so lenient towards fags now.”

In a flash, Gerard had pounced on my dad and was punching him in the face. Frank pushed me back and screamed at Gerard to stop, pulling him off of my dad.

“See? That guy’s fucking INSANE.” My dad said, pointing at Gerard. “I don’t want my son raised by him. He probably fucking rapes him at night.”

Gerard’s face fell and he quit struggling against Frank. I knew something was wrong.

“Can we just go?” I asked the woman, who’d been silent the entire time.

“Yes… but Mr. Way, this will be recorded…. And if there is a case in court, you could lose your children.”

Tears filled Gerard’s eyes. I stormed out, kicking my dad hard in the shin on my way. “Fucking ASS.” I hissed.

He scoffed. Gerard and Frank followed quickly after. Gerard seemed in a daze or something. Not a good daze. Frank was whispering in his ear.

Frank’s POV
The ride home was silent. Gerard fell asleep about ½ way there. Bella was staying with Ray in the US while all of this went on.

When we got home I shook Gee, coaxing him out of the car.

Aiden sat on the couch, turned on TNBC, and completely ignored it. Gerard locked himself in the bathroom, crying. I sat and ate skittles, hoping it would make me feel a little bit better. It didn’t. It’s hard to be happy knowing Gerard’s crying his eyes out now.

I got the master key to the house and headed towards the bathroom. Aiden said he was going to Matt’s and disappeared. I unlocked the door and found him leaning on the bathtub taking Prozac, silently crying.

“Gerard…” I sighed, taking the bottle. It was still full, so I knew he wasn’t killing himself. “Gerard, this won’t help anything.”

“I don’t wanna feel, Frankie.” He cried. “Everything is falling apart and I just d-don’t want to feel.”

“So you’re just gonna throw away everything we’ve worked for? Everything YOU’VE worked for? Over some comment?” I asked. “Look… what your dad did was terrible but… don’t…” I didn’t know what to say to make him feel better, so I just pulled him into my arms.

He cried for a while, then looked up at me.

“What if we lose Aiden and Bella because of me?” he asked, eyes teary.

“We won’t.”

“That fucker was right!”

“This isn’t the US! It’s going to be fair. They’ll see what’s going on.”

He looked unconvinced, but nodded.

Frank's POV

"WHAT?! YOU CAN'T TAKE HIM AWAY!"

"Sir... your husband harassed his father, sir.... we cannot take the chances of Aiden being harmed in any way... if something were to happen....."

"Gerard would NEVER lay a finger on Aiden, sir! This is a HUGE misunderstanding. It was provoked!"

“I’m sorry, sir. This is just a precaution. In a months time he may be returned to you.” The man said.

“M-may?”

“This is a court case, Mr. Iero… now where is your son?”

“I’ll… get him now. J-… just let me talk to him first.”

The man nodded and sat down.

I didn’t have to tell Aiden anything, though. He was at the top of the stairs, listening.

“D-Dad…” he said, staring at the officer.

I wrapped my arms around him. “It’s going to be okay, Aiden.”

“I don’t want to fucking go!”

“I don’t want to let you but if I don’t I’ll never see you again… they think you’re being mistreated… when they see you aren’t, they’ll have no case. But if they’re willing to take it this far, we need to listen so we don’t lose you.”

Aiden hugged me back tightly. I put my cell phone in his pocket.

“When are the shows? I—.”

“We aren’t doing shows again until you’re home.” I said.

“Wh-where’s Dad?”

“… he isn’t here… I think he’s out getting drunk…” I whispered.

“I love you, Dad.” Aiden hugged me tightly again, burying his head in my shoulder.

“I love you too, baby… I’ll see you soon…”

Gerard’s POV

Things were so crazy at the house. Bella and Jack were going to stay with Ray in the states until this blew over. Aiden’s called twice. He’s being forced to stay with his birth parents. Apparently they’re religious and the grandparents never knew his mother was pregnant. They have two little kids now, both who as Aiden says are little pricks.

And we haven’t heard anything from the agency…

I got home late one night, half drunk. Frankie was lying in Aiden’s bed, crying. I went in and put a hand on his shoulder, expecting to comfort him. He had something different planned though.

“I can’t fucking believe you!” he shouted. “Y-you’re fucking drunk again! We wouldn’t BE in this position if you hadn’t been MOTHER FUCKING drunk when we went up there! Do you care that because of you our family may never be together again?! Do you care that if the government sees you drunk you will never see your son again? Do you know how much his parents can dig up on us? If they find out you’re an alcoholic we’ll never see him again!”

“I’m not an alcoholic and you’re one to fucking talk! I saw your wrists!”

“I did it ONCE. You drink on a daily fucking basis, Gerard. I hate you!” he sobbed, standing.

“Where are you going?” I yelled.

“Away from you! Anywhere but here!” he cried.

I grabbed his arm. “You can’t leave.”

“I’m fucking going. Let go of me. Now.”

“No, you can’t go!” I shoved him down.

He began to cry even harder. “I hate you, Gerard. I hate you!” he was not cradling his hand to his chest. Why? Had I hurt him?

“Baby, I—.”

“Get the fuck AWAY!”

For once I listened, turning and running out of the house. I let the door slam behind me…

Ray’s POV

I’ve never seen so much shit go down in one house before. First, Gerard’s back to his old habits. Then Aiden’s taken away. Now Gerard broke Frank’s wrist.

I mean… really… haven’t they had enough? I’m not allowed to tell Bella.

Gerard’s staying with Bob, Frank is staying with Mikey. They haven’t seen each other since Gerard pushed Frank down. Frank’s been in touch with the adoption agency, though, and they’re making a case. Chances are Frankie and Gee will win though, the lawyer said. The fact that their famous will help, though….

Unless the judge goes on this website imnotokay.net that Bella showed me. If they read some of the fan fiction on there, they’ll NEVER let Frank and Gee be around kids again….

Frank’s POV

I sat on Mikey’s couch, playing with the cloth on the thingy on my wrist. It still hurt like hell, but not as much as not being with my family. Every time I think about what Gerard did, I can’t help but cry.

I know he was drunk, but still… I never thought he’d shove me like that…

I wiped my eyes when Mikey came in, sniffling. I hated that Mikey looked so much like Gerard. It made everything so much harder…

Gerard’s POV

I took several deep breaths, staring at the ceiling. Why wasn’t Frank calling? Didn’t he care about me anymore?

Because you broke his wrist, you dick.

God, you’re back again?

Where did you expect me to go?

Not here.

Sorry. I’m not programmed that way.

What am I, a fucking robot?

No… in Frank’s opinion, you’re the scum of the earth… .

Oh, now I remember why I was sober. Because of the voices.

What voices?

Shut up.

Okay...

Aiden’s POV

Oh… my… God…

Church camp.

Mother. Fucking. Church. Camp.

To “rid me of my evil thoughts and perversions.”

Well haha on them. I got a hand job from the preacher’s son.

Only it ended kinda bad because his mom walked in on us. Let me tell you. The woman can scream LOUD.

And it’s not as if it’s my fault. Her son’s 3 years older. He should get the blame but nooooooo. Blame the kid raised by gays.

And she wants to say her son would never do that. That was too good of a hand job to be a first time.

We’re meeting tonight. Hahaha.

Frank’s POV

“Frank…. Are you even going to make an effort to see Gerard?”

I pretended to ignore Mikey.

“Maybe you should try talking to him.”

“Maybe you should try minding your own business.” I snapped.

Mikey sighed and went out of the room.

Gerard’s POV

I sat on Bob’s floor, downing a bottle of Vodka. My husband hated me. My fault. My son’s gone. My fault. My family’s fallen apart. My fault. Everything is my fault. Sometimes I swear everyone would be better off if I just died.

Frank’s POV

“Tell Gerard we have to be there tomorrow morning at 9.” I told Bob over the phone.

“Tell him yourself, Frank…”

“Please… just tell him… and he needs to dress nice. That’s all.”

I hung up and stared at the phone in my hand. I could hardly believe I’d been reduced to telling my husband stuff through a friend. I’d promised myself we would never do that again….

Then again Gee had promised he wouldn’t drink….

Frank’s POV

“There’s no evidence hat Aiden Riley Iero-Way has ever been abused.” A man in a black suit said.

I laughed to myself quietly. Though something this serious was going on, Aiden was turned around in his seat flirting with a teenage boy.

I heard Gerard let out a huge sigh of relief and he closed his eyes.

“So the decision is up to him. Aiden?”

Aiden was still flirting, not aware anything was going on.

“Aiden?”

The boy laughed at Aiden and whispered something back.

“Aiden, damnit, quit talking and listen to the man.” Aiden’s real dad snapped.

“OH!” Aiden turned around, not even blushing. “What?”

“Who would you like to stay with?”

“I guess I’ll stay with the gays. They’re good for a few laughs and get me backstage tickets to awesome bands. And living with those pricks, the most I got was a hand job in church.”

The man blinked several times. “Uhm…” he looked at Gerard and I. “He can go home now… just make sure you give him the sex talk… maybe 5 times…”

Aiden’s POV

There was an awkward silence walking towards the car.

Gerard climbed in the driver’s seat. Frank ruffled my hair and smiled.

I smiled back and got in the back sweat and stretched my legs across it, though they always yell at me when I do. They didn’t say anything.

“What, are you guys fighting?” I asked. ”Still?”
“Arguing and fighting isn’t the same thing, Aiden.”

I rolled my eyes. I hated it when people said that.

“What’s wrong with your hand?” I suddenly asked Frank.

“I slipped.” He said, resting his head on the head rest.

“O… kay… Man, I would’ve had more fun at church.” I joked.

Gerard sighed and pulled onto the driveway. It was gonna be a looooooong ride home.

Gerard’s POV

“No, we aren’t telling the kids anything!” Frank said. “You’re gonna fucking get sober or we’re fucking leaving!”

I sat there angrily, staring at him.

“What, Gerard?! What other choice do I have? Now it’s about Aiden and Bella’s safety!”

“I’d never lay a hand on Bella or Aiden!”

“Just like you’d never lay a hand on me, right?” he asked quietly, eyes falling on his cast.

“Frank, I—.”

Frank shook his head, leaving the bedroom. I followed him. He was sitting on the couch, angrily picking at the cast.

“Frankie, please… let’s talk.”

“How many times have we talked? It doesn’t change anything.”

“I…”

“This… is the only thing I can think of to help you… Aiden will stay with Ray—.”

My mouth dropped, but Frank continued.

“And w-we’ll… get you sober again… but, Gerard, you have to fucking try.”

“Why does Aiden have to leave?”

“Because I don’t want our kids seeing or hearing your withdrawals.”

I sighed and nodded after a few moments of silence, then retreated upstairs.

I wonder how long it will take the third time around….