Creating Something out of Nothing

Epilogue

A YEAR LATER

I breathe heavily and pant as the sweat rolls down the sides of my face. A few hours ago, my water broke and now I'm ten centimeters dilated.

Yeah, I'm having a baby.

I push her out on the doctor's counts, crushing Zacky's right hand with my right, not realizing at the time that the presence of my wedding ring makes the experience [for him] even more excruciating. But when he's got a baby coming out of his vagina, he can talk.

I sigh as I hear the cries of our new baby girl enter the room. Zacky dabs at my forehead with a cloth and he kisses my cheek, a smile on his lips.

"What are we naming her, baby?" he asks me softly.

"Um. Faith. Faith Elizabeth Baker."

He kissed my cheek again as his eyes met mine. "Sounds perfect, baby," he whispered.

I closed my eyes knowing that life would be even more hectic than it had been before. We were almost twenty-three, Zacky would be going on tour soon, Ryan was four, and our house was chaos. Our life was chaos.

But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

As I finally held my daughter in my arms, Zacky and I looked at each other and cried silently, happy with each other and excited about what was going to come.