Creating Something out of Nothing

Chapter Four

"Tammy, what is wrong with you, girl?" Celena asked from the backseat of the car. Since the guys were having a boys night out, we girls decided to get together and hang out at Beth's dad's, who lived on the other side of town and wasn't home for the weekend. And since Johnny's girlfriend and Jimmy's girlfriend hadn't been around too long, they weren't fully aware of the fact that I was head over heels for Zacky.

"Oh jeez, time to delve into Pandora's Box," Mandy said from the passenger seat next to me.

"What?" Celena asked innocently.

"It's pretty obvious what Tammy's upset about."

"You can tell, Beth?" I asked, glancing at her in the rearview mirror.

"Yeah, darling. Anyone with half a wit can see it. Which is why Lena can't."

"Hey! I'm right next to you, Beth!"

"I know," Beth replied drily.

"Alright, alright, so what's wrong with Tams?"

"She's upset that Zacky is oblivious to the fact that she's in love with him." I turned a corner.

"Whoa, you love Zacky?" asked Celena, her head popping up between the front seats.

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Well, why haven't you said anything, dammit?"

"It's obvious that if Zacky isn't currently showing any love interest in Tammy without her saying something that she's fearing the rejection after she would tell him how she feels."

"Wow, Beth, you're the shit," gasped Mandy.

"Yeah, pretty much," she replied, shrugging slightly.

"Well, Amazing Beth, what should I do about the situation?"

"You know I can't actually tell you what to do. That'd be fucking with fate. I can tell you that when the time comes, you'll know exactly what to do."

Silence.

"That was the worst Miss Cleo advice I've ever heard!" exclaimed the previously silent Stephanie.

"Well, I can't tell her what's gonna happen if she does one thing or the other. Do you know how shunned I could be in the afterlife?"

"Oh shut up!" Stephanie yelled again.

"Alright, so off Zacky talk, I'm sick of love. Let's talk dirty," Mandy said, wiggling her eyebrows and clapping her hands. Everyone else laughed at her hilarious change of topic. Everyone but me.

*******************************************************************************

ZACKY'S POV

I was holding onto my second beer of the night, looking around at all the guys. We were chilling at Brian's house because his dad and stepmom weren't home. Everyone was laughing, including me. When it died down, Johnny spoke up.

"So, Zacky, how's Tammy doin'?"

"Yeah, you must be the shit to snag Tammy, dude," Jimmy said. I shook my head.

"I haven't snagged anyone. Tammy and I are just..."

"Fucking," Johnny finished for me.

"Well, basically. I mean, sometimes we don't just fuck, sometimes we just hang out. I dunno."

"Sounds like you like her," Jimmy replied.

"I don't think so. I think I just haven't been in a relationship in a long ass time, and this is becoming normal to me."

"You're not complaining, though, are you?" asked Jimmy.

"Yeah, seriously. You know how many guys wish they could even think about tappin' Tammy? And you're fuckin' cool as the breeze, all you gotta do is look at her and she's on it, I swear," Johnny giggled. Fuckin' lightweights.

"Hey! Don't talk about Tammy like that!" Matt said. He didn't actually yell, but his voice got loud. He was getting pissed. And I don't blame him, Tammy is his best friend. I was getting upset myself, Tammy didn't deserve to be talked about like that, and especially not by someone she considered a friend.

"Yeah, Johnny, tone it down. She don't deserve that shit," I said.

"I'm fuckin' sorry. But come on, Zack. You're like the only guy she's ever had sex with. That's a big deal when so many guys want her that way."

"Alright, can we drop the Tammy and girl talk? I thought we were hanging out just guys?" Brian finally spoke up. Thank the Lord.

END ZACKY'S POV