Ashley

How Could You Be So Heartless?

Ronnie's POV

I just ran. No real sense of direction. I ended up heading home.

How could Ashley be dead? She was only 15! There had to be some other reason why this happened.

The more I thought about it, the more things clicked together. Michael's name popped up a few times. Wait a minute! He had to be somewhat responsible for this! He'd been calling her "Double S", which stood for School Slut, which was how we started fighting in the first place. I took a deep breath, and ran as fast as I could.

I barreled in through the door. "Michael!" I shouted.

No answer. Dad walked into the room, bottle of Asprin in hand.

"Ronnie? Could you please not shout? ...What happened to your arm?" he groaned.

"I'll explain later. Where's Michael?"

"He went out to his friend's house. Craig something?"

My eyes got wide. "Dad! You let him go see Craig Mabbitt?"

Dad frowned. "Craig Mabbitt? Andrew's son?"

I nodded.

"Oh, who cares any more. That cheap bastard's going out of business, any ways. Can't pay his bills. Too bad; boo hoo," Dad ranted.

I groaned and ran out through the door.

"Be back by 10!" Dad shouted.

I knew where Craig lived. At least, I had an idea. I ran for about 1 1/2 miles, and I finally found what I thought was his house. I rang the doorbell, panting.

Mrs. Mabbitt opened the door. She frowned when she saw me.

"Look, I'm just looking for Michael. Is he here?"

She shook her head. "Went to the coffee shop with Craig."

I nodded once and took off. Maybe I should join track.

I pushed open the door, and stood panting. I saw Michael and Craig sitting at a table near the back. They were laughing. "Michael!" I shouted.

He looked up, smiling, but when he saw me, his smile faded. "Oh, here he is now."

I walked up to him.

Craig shook his head, still smiling. "He doesn't give up, does he?"

I growled, "What'd you do?" and slammed my hand on the table.

Michael looked at me, confused. "What ever are you talking about?"

"Ashley."

Craig laughed. "That little whore? Hey, good job knocking her up, by the way," he winked, "too bad I couldn't get there first. I was pretty pissed when I heard what you did at the party with her. New pretty girl at school? Hell, everyone wanted to tap that; even the chicks!"

I closed my eyes. "Shut up. Michael, you know what I'm talking about. She's dead. Do you have something to do with it?"

Michael started laughing.

Craig did too. "Really? You give her something?"

I glared at him.

"So she can take a hint," Michael chuckled.

"What'd you DO?"

People were staring.

"I merely suggested she rid herself of this earth. Told her you tried to. I mean, honestly, who wants to live with a moody 15-year-old-mother-of-their-first-child?"

I gaped at him. "So...so it was you!"

He smiled and nodded. "Glad she did, too!"

My eyes stung. No. I couldn't cry. Not in front of Craig and Michael. Except one tear slipped.

"Aw, look at the little baby," Craig mocked in a baby voice.

"No. No! NO! MICHAEL! You....you killed Ashley! You killed her!"

"That poor whore. Hey! That rhymed! I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!"

"You're...you're insane!" I shouted, and ran out of the shop. I sat on the curb a block away, sobbing. How could a person be so heartless?
♠ ♠ ♠
No one knows? COME ON.
Here, I'll spice it up a bit.
[Remember, you have to guess which song I got the title from of the previous chapter; There's A Shadow Hanging Over Me]
You get to co-write the LAST chapter with me!
Come on, people!
GUESS AWAY.
Comments=Updates.
& comments make Anna happy!

XOXO,
Anna <3