Ashley

Sing Me To Sleep

Ronnie's POV

It was Saturday; the day of Ashley's funeral. I hesitantly walked up to the gates of the local graveyard. I stood a few feet away, when Max saw me. So did Mrs. Green. She didn't look too happy with me; maybe because I was wearing ripped jeans and a Metallica shirt. But Mrs. Green scowled at me, and Max waved.

"I'm glad you came," he smiled.

I nodded. He led me to a row of chairs, and the funeral got started. I tapped my foot impatiently. All of a sudden, Max, who was sitting next to me, stood up. He walked to the front. He took out a piece of paper, and spoke.

"Without you, darkness follows me. Suddenly, shadows fall on yesterday. You were as great as they can be. I have no idea what to say. You shine like the brightest star in the sky, and if looks could kill, you'd kill 'em all. So now, as you die, down a dark hole, I fall. You made it good to live; something to look forward to when I woke up. What rhymes with live? I should wrap this up. I love you, Ashley. Don't you ever forget."

Wow. A pretty crappy, poem. But something about it clicked in me. All of a sudden, I started singing the song I'd written with Omar yesterday. "Shadows fall on yesterday..." I sang quietly, quickly pulling out my notebook. I made a few revisions to my notebook, and I too stood up. I just started singing, without any warning. When I got to, "Ashley, baby. You make me feel so alive. I've got purpose once again", Max smiled. His parents looked furious.

I just grinned and kept on going. When I'd finished, everybody except for Max's parents cheered. The rest of the funeral progressed, and when everyone else was leaving, Max approached me.

"Ronnie, that was amazing!"

"Thanks."

"How'd you come up with that?"

"This guy I met yesterday...he has the guitar part. We were talking about Ashley, and I just started writing. And your sucky poem helped, too."

He laughed nervously. "Glad I could help. Wait, there's a guitar part?"

I nodded.

"Need a bass?" He waggled his eyebrows.

I laughed. He proceeded to tell me of a drummer he knew. A Robert Oritz. That following Friday, we all met.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAYYY [:
OK, ONE LEFT TILL THE END :O
Hope you enjoy[:
Comments=Updates.
& comments make Anna happy!

XOXO,
Anna <3