Ashley

Shadows Fall On Yesterday

Ashley's POV

As soon as my alarm went off the next morning and my eyes fluttered open, I nearly lept out of my bed. Why was I so eager to see Ronnie? Was it his eyes? That warm feeling I got when he'd put his hand on my shoulder? I don't know. But it still made me take a 2 minute shower anyways.

I was ready and in Max's car almost 5 minutes before he was.

"Ash? Ash? There you are!" he said, peeking in the car window. "Why are you in here?"

I smiled and shrugged.

He started the car, and I swear I started bouncing up and down.

"Someone's excited," Max chuckled.

Apparently I was bouncing up and down.

"Is it Ronnie?" he teased.

I didn't say anything, but I guess I blushed, because Max beamed and said, "It is Ronnie!"

I smiled but shook my head.

"Ashley likes Ronnie!" he sang.

"Shut up! I've only known him for a day," I mumbled.

Max teased me the whole way to school. When we finally got there, I literally ran out of his car and to my locker. I was disappointed when I didn't see Ronnie. But then I heard his voice, and my heart skipped a couple beats.

"You're an asshole!" he shouted down the hallway.

I saw Craig Mabbitt; the guy Ronnie'd shoved into me the other day; give him the finger, then run off.

"Fuck him," I heard him mutter as he opened his locker. "Well, hello there," he said more audibly, turning to face me as his locker door swung open. He smiled when I looked at him.

"Hi," I smiled shyly. Great. I'd been waiting all morning for this, and now I was being shy.

"Wow. One word," he chuckled.

I blushed. "Uhh, good morning?"

He laughed.

I nearly melted. "What's up with you and that Craig guy?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes, grabbing some books out of his locker. "Our families have been fighting for years," he explained.

I looked at Ronnie.

"It's...it's stupid. Don't worry about it," he said.

"No, I'm sure it's not. Come on," I urged.

"No," he shook his head. His voice sounded strained.

"What's-" I began to ask, but he ran off.

Fantastic. I made him run away crying. Way to impress a guy, Ashley.
♠ ♠ ♠
I changed the chapter title of the previous chapter. And I edited chapter 1 a little, if it matters to you. :D
Oh! I'm pretty sure Craig didn't go to school with Ronnie, and their families haven't been fighting, so that's made up...:D
DUDE. The Mayday Parade CD is amazing. You should listen to it :D
Comments make Anna happy!

xOxO,
Anna <3