Status: Hiatus; story expantion, levelling chapter two and three. Two more updates forthcoming before January.

Rains

To say heaven is worth your life's end is just ridiculous. It is to each person, what they want. if they have fond memories, heaven is worth the life.

But is it the life that is the heaven? The spirit that is the trap?

Hello, my name is Dexter. No last name to say right now.

I died a few years ago, laying next to Cameron, my friend at the time. Blood spurted every, oh the gore. I remember the sirens, as if they were in the distance. I was rolled onto the journey, and a new sojourn began for me.

I died.


It was never expected, and no one could really deal with it. Especially as Cameron was the one to start caring for Dexter in this time, to show him the truth and get the ideas out of his head. If only he could help Dexter, if only, if only...

But when the last of his rationality and patience for Dexter was knocked to the ground by an outburst that was meant to happen three Thursdays ago, Cameron couldn't handle being the best friend in Dexter's life. Cameron decided, and the answer left Dexter stranded.

He was here and he was not. He could tell you anything you wanted to know, and he would always, always, be right; if you tried to tell him something, regardless if it was right or not, he wouldn't hear it.

Say you asked him where he was. He would accurately reply he was at school.
So you repeat it back to him.
But suddenly, no, he isn't in school.
So you ask him again, "Where are you?"
"I'm in school."
"You're in school?"
"Yeah."
"You are in school."
"No, I am not."
And so on and so forth.

In this state, he befuddled the many authorities and friends. Lodged, uncomfortably, in the middle of this, Cameron had a small amount of options.
He decided to make it up to Dexter.

In a small river of light, Dexter returned to what Cameron thought was normality.

Dexter laughed.
He talked.
He seemed to almost... have a soul.

They had dinner, and all seemed normal.

The next day at school, it was rainy. Many inches flooded the parking lot, and very few spaces were dry through out the entire school. Dexter prepared, and he was nice and bundled for the storm. He rode the bus in order to make sure his car would be fine, and brought an extra rain jacket for Cameron.
Cameron forgot, and came to school in a wife beater and shorts.
Caring for Cameron, Dexter gave him both jackets and almost everything he could to make sure Cameron was warm.
By fifth period, Dexter was suffering from hypothermia. His body reacted chemically, and he began to get ventricular fibrillations, along with signs of the common cold.
The fibrillation wasn't completely disharmonious until twenty minutes before lunch. With Cameron in tow, Dexter was debating the answer to number seven when the tachycardia began. Hyperventilating from the increase of beats, Dexter doubled over and gasped for life.
Unbeknownst to the true problem, Cameron rolled his eyes and told Dexter to calm down. When a minute passed and Dexter continued to hyperventilate, though he had fallen from the chair earlier, Cameron called the teacher over. She couldn't get close to Dexter, who crawled as fast as possible from her. Cameron pinned Dexter to the ground, and the closeness of the two revealed the problem to him. He asked the teacher to call 911, and she did so very quickly.
By the time the number was punched in, Cameron could feel the fibrillation begin. Believing that Dexter was suffering from a heart attack, Cameron began to hyperventilate himself. He cried and told Dexter he loved him.

And he did.

Dexter was going through something most people never get a chance at.
He couldn't feel the chambers of his heart twitch. He thought they stopped.
He thought he was living without a heart beat.
He was still alive, though the output of oxygen from the heart lowered by the minute, he was alive.

Cameron decided this was it. Without Dexter, life wouldn't be life. It would be a broken glass among the drops of rain. He kissed Dexter lightly, telling him he loved him. No, not as a friend. Maybe as something more.

In his final second, a rupture occurred, and blood mingled with the kisses from Cameron.
Unconscious, Cameron lay upon the dying Dexter, their teensy heat a light on the horizon. Dexter was treated, but alas, there was something missing, something that can never come back...