You are my Responsibility

One Step At A Time

Frank's P.O.V

I sat in the hospitals waiting room, Gerard was currently having surgery. I silently begged and pleaded that everything will be okay, the truth was, I didn't think any-one could hear my muffled screams for help.

What could I do? Gerard was MY guardian angel, he didn't have one. He was put on this Earth to help me, the only thing I could do in return was be there for him... Every step of the way.

"Frank!" I heard my mother screech from the other side of the room. I looked up to her, and then to the clock near her head. It was five o'clock and I was starting to get a little hungery.

"Hey mum," I replied quietly, not making eyecontact.

"They-they said you were in hospital having operations?" I bowed my head and let my eyes focus on the shiny floor.

"No mum, I lie." As she sat down next to me, I felt her eyes burn in to my skin and a sharp breath was taken through her mouth.

"W-why?" It was clear she was having trouble talking, let alone anything else.

"He's my boyfriend mum, he didn't want his mum to find out." My mouth just spoke words of another lie. "His parents don't really get along, he live alone. When they asked me for any-one he could contact, I just thought about you. I'm sorry mum, I had to, I really love him." By this time, tears had sprung to my eyes and I was holding them back as best I could.

"Why Frank? Why didn't you tell me?" I could practically feel the hurt in her voice.

"I was frightened mum," Without anoth word, I was enveloped in a hug, there I sat for the next hour, just letting my emotions get the better of me.

*Two hours later*

My mum has been sat with me for three hours so far, trying to make me or drink. I refused everything she gave me, I had lost my appitite and I would rest until I knew my boyfriend was okay.

"Ben Puth?" A middle aged man asked. I knew my mum wouldn't say anything, I nodded. "Ms. Iero?" My mum nodded also. "We have some good news," My eyes lit up and I was pretty damn sure it was obvious that was happy.

"Carry on," My mother asked, trying to get me to calm down a little.

"Your son Frank Iero, he is well on his was to recovery. We had to put him into a deep sleep, so expect him to awake in a good few hours. Those hours will be critical but once he's awake, we will be able to do the best we can to help him to recover. He had quite a nasty fall." My mother and I were both extatic and I could barely contain my joy.

"Thank-you doctor, it means a lot." My mum shook his hand and so did I. We both waited till he left and then I hugged my mum.

"So, who's the lucky man?" My mum nudged me with her elbow and raised her eye brows, a gin covering her face.

"Mum..." I groaned and turned an amazing shade of red. "His name is Gerard, he's the same age as me. He's the most amazing younge man I've ever met. You're going to love him. His face, eyes, lips and facial expression, is absolutely adorable. The was he scrunches up his nose when he's in deep thinking, only adds to the affect of his gorgeous personality."

I was practically in a trance, just remembering all the little things that made me fall in love with him.

"Sounds like a keeper?" She questioned, snapping me out of my day dream.

"Oh yeah, he really is."

Another hour passed us by, time was taking it's toll on both me and my mother.

"Ms. Iero? Mr. Puth?" We stood up, from our seats, and nodded. "If you would follow me this way, Frank Iero is making progress. It's taking time, but we have no doubt he will awake feeling better."

I will never get used to people calling Gerard my name, it just doesn't feel right.

"Thank-you," I held the door handle and my mother waited outside on a spare seat. My stomach was doing back flips, my heart was pumpng faster and faster.

I stepped into the room. I must say, Gerard looked...Better, than the last time I saw his body on the floor.

A stray tear fell from my eye and I rubbed it away, not wanting to cry. I had to be strong for Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is for all my readers, subscribers and commenters...See, Gerard is getting better. *Smiles widely*

Thank's to these commenters for the positive feedback;

What'sHerName
Voodooxmagik
Undying:Temptation.
Aiden Burn's.
DamnRightILoveMCR