I Only See You

Nobody Has To Know

Image

Nicholas, the third child of the famous Paul and Denise Jonas, snuck away from his family as best as he could to meet with Cecilia Wilson. They spent their time in her low class room or far in the deck where none of Nick's family would see. For a week, they kept their affair a secret. Julia had no idea, she was oblivious to the fact that her fiance was seeing someone else. But she knew that Nicholas was not in love with her.

She cried every night at the thought of the man she loved not loving her back. She knew it but she would not admit it. To her, she feels as if she could make him change his mind when they were married. Julia had a kind heart but she was too oblivious. Blinded by love. Motivated by love.

During tea with Denise and other women on the boat, Julia wondered what Nicholas was doing while she was not with him. She noticed that he left in a hurry at breakfast and came back to dinner close to being late. He left right after dinner and didn't go back to the room until she was asleep.

What could he be doing? Julia pondered at tea time.

+++

On the deck, Cecilia had her drawing pad on her lap while Nick sat infront of her, gazing at the sea. She started to draw his profile, paying close attention to every feature on his face. His thin eyebrows, his brown eyes that became honey in the sun, his narrow nose, and lips that hid his beautiful smile.

Cecilia drew him carefully, trying to capture his beauty on paper. She worked slowly and Nick had a hard time keeping his focus on the blue sea when he had a wonderful girl ringht infront of him. From Cecilia's orders, he couldn't even move an inch. So he kept relaxed.

It took an hour but Cecilia was finally finished. With a final touch, she turned her drawing pad to Nick and he smiled. "You're so talented," he said to her and it caused her cheeks to blush. He leaned over and took her lips into a gentle kiss. Their lips moved together, softly and cautiously, and their kisses had never gone futher than that.

But Nicholas is a growing teenager with his hormones and feelings going crazy. It's not like it hasn't yet crossed his mind to push it forward. But he knew that Cecilia had her morals too and wouldn't even think of crossing that line.

Nick brought his tongue out to touch Cecilia's lip, asking for permission but she softly pushed him away. "Not here," she whispered. "Not now."

Nick nodded and sat back down, running his hands through his hair. For the past few days, he was less and less groomed. His hair wasn't slicked back anymore, but put into his natural curls that he knew Cecilia loved.

"Nick, where does Julia think you are?" Cecilia asked during the silence.

"I don't know," Nick shrugged.

"Does she ever ask?"

"No, she doesn't."

"Don't you think you owe it to her to give her some kind of explanation so she's not worrying about you?" Nick turned to Cecilia, studying her face. What was with her that she'd ask these questions? Wasn't she happy that she was with Nick?

"What do you think I should say? Hey Julia, I'm meeting the girl I love in a few minutes. Are you okay with that?" Nick asked with a hint of anger in his voice. "Maybe she'd ask if she cared."

"Maybe she's afraid of the answer," Cecilia turned her head down as she said those words in a soft voice. Truthfully, she was feeling horrible about the situation. No matter how she felt about Nick, someone was going to get hurt in the end.

"I thought we were on the same page Cecilia," Nick responded without looking at her. "I thought we already talked about this. I'll handle it when I can. When we get back, I'll end it. But for now, I can't."

"Nick, I can't go on pretending that you being engaged doesn't bother me. You're engaged Nick. Means you're supposed to be married to someone. And she's lovely. If I were an innocent bystander watching you and Julia, I'd think you two were the perfect couple. It's killing me inside to know that I am ruining something that could be potentially beautiful between two people. I don't know how long I can go like this...."

"Cecilia, what are you trying to say?"

"That I can't be with you...as long as you're tied down," Cecilia looked up to meet Nick's eyes. "I don't want to be the other girl."

"But you're not," Nick said. "You're not. I love you. Only you."

"Nick, I don't think you know what love is..."

"And you do?"

Turning slightly angry now, Cecilia quickly stood up and walked away from Nick. He followed her just as quickly but didn't catch up with her until they got to a staircase. At the bottom, Nick grabbed her arm gently and made her turn around.

"Don't touch me Nick," she said with a cracked voice. She had tears in her eyes that she was trying to fight away.

"What brought this on? We were doing fine and now...you just want to throw it all away. I know that I love you Cecilia. I do. If breaking it off with Julia right now will make you come back to me, fine, I'll do it," Nick said seriously. "I'll do it. Right now. Despite the fact my parents will probably hate me or I'm going to break her heart. I want you. And that's what I'm fighting for."

Cecilia kept eye contact with Nick as she walked backwards down the hall. She turned the corner and Nick fled up the stairs again. He walked slowly to his room, trying to think of what to say to his fiance. Words flowed in his head but kept being erased. He didn't want to be cruel.

At the door, he took a deep breath before stepping into the front room. "Julia? Julia, are you here?" he called as he stepped further into the room. He loosened his tie a little and waited for a reply.

"In the bedroom," he heard Julia's voice say. He went into the room and his jaw almost dropped at the sight infront of him. Julia was laying on the bed with her bra and panties with a small robe over her body. She laid seductively there and took the clips out of her blonde hair letting it cascade down over her shoulders.

"What are you doing?" Nick cleared his throat embarrassingly at the high pitch of the voice that came out.

"I just thought that maybe you'd want...." Julia stood up slowly from the bed and strutted over to her fiance. He couldn't move, he was too shocked. She put a hand behind Nick's neck and pulled his head down and captured his lips in a fiery kiss. In instinct, Nick kissed back just as enthusiastically.

Julia started to move backwards and once her knees hit the bed she started to lay down and pulled Nick on top of her, never breaking the kiss. Julia reached her hands up to Nick's dress shirt and slowly unbottoned it.

Nick's mind was foggy. His heart was yelling at him to stop this now but his mind wasn't comprehending a word and his hormones won the fight and he took his shirt off and thew himself into the situation more eagerly that needed.

+++

Nick woke up a little sore a few hours later at the sound of someone banging on their door. He got up slowly and tried to make himself presentable and went out to the front room to answer the door.

"Yes?" he asked groggily.

"Mr. Jonas, there is an emergency. Please get your fiance and any valuables and go to the deck. Quickly," the man told him. He walked away before Nick could answer any questions. He rushed into the room and woke up Julia and at the sight of her, he realized the mistake he made.

"Julia, get up," he said. "There's an emergency. Get anything you want to save and go up. I have to do something." Nick ran out of the room before Julia could speak but was stopped when she yelled his name.

"Where are you going?" she asked, pulling a dress over her body.

"Look Jules...." Nick started but a loud bang stopped his thoughts. He heard screaming from the other side of the ship and he grew in fear. "This was a mistake. The truth is...I want to love you but I know that I won't be able to. This won't work, I'm sorry."

"Where are you going now?" Julia asked in frenzy.

"I have something to take care of before it's too late," he answered. He walked over to her and kissed her forehead. "Just get everyone up to the deck okay and please please do whatever you can to get out safely."

"But...I love you Nick," Julia choked up. When Nick reached the door, he turned around and looked deep in her eyes.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. And with that, he left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title credit: Nobody Has To Know by Honor Society.

I actually liked this chapter. And heads up, the story will be ending in two or so chapters. No sequel.

COMMENT!