Status: Semi-perminant Hiatus. Doing re-write.

Blinded in Chains

008

Three weeks.

Three longs weeks, and I haven't seen Brian. True, he did call. And yes, he did actually stop in to see me. Everytime I woke up, the doctor came in with another gift for me.

The alphabet in brail, the Harry Potter books on audio cassettes, a few Laurel K. Hamilton books on audio, plus this last gift that far surpassed anything I could have ever dreamed of.

I was sitting on the bed, talking away to a labtop with dragon speak connection. Now, what is dragon speak you wonder. Dragon speak is a system that is installed on computers that your able to write with. It has a microphone you hook up and speak into that then types out everything you say into a wordpad document.

Cool right?

The past four days I spent all my time sitting on the bed, curled up with the labtop and talking into it.

"Copper?"

I slammed the labtop closed and shoved it under the pillow before turning towards where I heard the voice. "Who are you?"

I heard someone walk in. "It's Zacky. I met you the first day you woke up."

I nodded my head and smiled. "Zacky Vengence, right?"

"Yeah," he said with a chuckle. "Good memory."

"Thanks," I said. "Is it just you, or did you bring the other four with you?"

"Just me," he said.

I nodded at the silence I was met with. "So are you going to come in and talk, or stand at the door all day Zacky?"

I heard him walk in and shut the door, then walk to the side of the bed. I patted the spot beside me and smiled as I felt it sink down. "What do you want to talk about, girl?"

I rolled my eyes. "What is it with you men and calling me girl?"

He laughed. "Habit I guess. Your a girl, therefore you get called girl."

I nodded and made an 'O' with my mouth. "That explains it then."

He nudged me with his shoulder. "So what have you been doing with yourself? I don't really know anything about you exept what Brian has been telling us."

I smirked. "Don't you mean what Syn has been telling you?"

I could tell he was shocked by my reply. "So you figured it out, huh?"

I grinned. "More like remembered what all of you introduced yourselves as the first day we met."

"And your cool with it?" he asked shocked. "Like, your not going to attack us for autographs or anything?"

I laughed. "Zacky, if the picture in my head is anything close to what you five look like in real life, Autographs will be the last thing on my mind if I happen to attack any of you."

"Ooh," he purred, bumping shoulders with me again. "Getting frisky with me, are you?"

"You betcha."

I felt him wrap his arms around my shoulders in a hug. "Your awsome, girl."

I grinned and hugged him back. "Your not to bad yourself, Vengeance."

He let me go and sat back. "So have you noticed anything about Brian yet?"

I sighed and sat up straight, pushing myself back against the headboard. "He likes me, doesn't he?" I asked, half afraid of the answer. Either he would confirm it, or I would be embarrassed as hell.

"So you did notice it then," was all he said.

"More like the doctor noticed it and clued me in," I remarked honestly.

"Do you like him?"

I gasped in shock. "Why the hell would I like the doctor?"

He laughed. "I meant Brian."

I blushed. "Oh. Well, yeah. I guess. He seems really nice and all."

There was a long silence and I started to get nervous. "Zacky?"

He took a deep breath. "Can I ask you something girl?"

I frowned. "Sure."

"What's it like to be blind?"

I closed my eyes, seeing as how having them open didn't really make much of a difference. I bowed my head and laced my hands together between my legs, thinking over the question. What is being blind really like? How would he understand it? I suddenly thought of something that would make him understand.

"Stand up, walk over to the door, open it, close it, then come back and sit down beside me."

I felt him stand up and heard him walk over to the door. I listened as he opened and closed the door before I once again felt the bed dip down. "Now what? What was the point of that?" he asked confused.

"Close your eyes Zacky. Close your eyes and keep them closed."

A few seconds passed before he spoke. "Ok? Now what?"

"Stand up and do it all over again. Keep your eyes closed."

I felt him stand up and listened as he took a few steps. CRASH. I giggles as I heard him curse.

"Why didn't you tell me there was a table in front of me girl?" he asked in annoyance.

I shook my head and felt my smile turn into a frown. "How could I tell you where anything was Zacky? I'm blind, or did you forget?"

I heard him suck in a deep breath. "Oh shit. I'm so sorry. I completely forgot the point of that was to see what i-"

"Shut up Zack. Why do you think I told you to do it with your eyes closed?" I said in mild annoyance. "You asked what it was like to be blind and I just showed you, but unlike you, I can't just open my eyes and suddenly see what I walked into and where everything landed."

"I know girl. I'm so sorry. I can't believe I ju-"

"Just drop it Zacky. Sit your ass down and have a normal conversation with me before I start talking to the walls again." I said with a small smile.

I felt the bed sink as he sat down beside me again, and laughed as I felt his head rest on my shoulder. "Am I forgiven?"

I smiled. "I was never mad at you."

"Good." He moved his head off of my shoulder and I felt him kiss my cheek before sitting back. "Now I see why Syn is so taken with you."

I sighed to myself in frustration. "Well I wish I could see why. Hell, I just wish I could see," I whispered it more to myself then to him.

"You will see eventually. I mean, you got zapped yeah, but you can't lose your sight perminantly over that right?" he asked.

I groaned inwardly and turned my face towards him. Opening my eyes I whispered, "White eyes can't really see anything, Zacky."

I heard him suck in a breath before I closed my eyes. "So your really blind now? For good?" he asked.

I nodded. "I think so."

"Well.... just... well. Damn," he said. "That sucks."

I laughed. "Your telling me."

"Well now I just don't know what to say," he said slightly deflated.

"How about you say nothing at all and just keep me company for a bit?" I suggested.

"Nope. I need someting to talk about or I'm gunna pass out girl. I didn't get to sleep yet after the concert last night," he said with a chuckle.

I pushed myself back on the bed and scooted over to the end, patting the spot beside me. "Lay down then. If you want to that is," I said blushing.

I felt him stand up, then immediatly I felt the bed sink back down. "You sure you don't mind?"

I shook my head and reached under the pillow, pulling out the labtop and placing it on the desk before putting my head back on the pillow. "I don't care as long as you don't try and cop a feel during your sleep."

He laughed softly before I felt his arm drap over my stomach. "Is it ok to cuddle atleast?" he asked sheepishly. "I can't sleep in the same bed with someone without touching them. It's a habit I guess."

I sighed and turned my back to him, scooting myself backwards until his arm was completely draped over me. "No getting frisky Zacky or you'll find yourself on the floor faster then you can wake up."

"I promise," he said with a yawn.

Both of us fell asleep.

***********************Brian's POV****************************************

"Don't wake them up," I whispered, shutting the door quietly behind us.

"But Brian, he's sleeping with her!" Matt said shocked. "Aren't you pissed off?"

I bit my tongue. "She isn't mine M. How can I get mad at him if he's just sleeping in the bed anyways? We all got sleep last night. He didn't."

"But dude, he has his arm over her and she.... she just looks so happy! That would get me pissed no matter if she was yours or no-"

"Shut up Johnny. Your going to wake them up," I whispered as loud as I could.

I walked over and sat down in the chair beside her bed, staring at her face. She really does look so peaceful with him. Does she like him? Would she pick him over me?

"Syn, take a breath dude."

I looked over at Rev and took a shaky breath. "What?"

"Don't think about it," he said. "Just don't think about it."

"Think about what?"

I just stared at him while he remained silent. He shrugged and sat back in the chair, relaxing back into the hard seat. I looked around and saw the other two guys already passed out in the other chairs.

I sighed and stood up, walking over to the empty bed on the other side of the room. I pulled back the sheets and layed down, staring at her sleeping form on the other bed. She looked so happy in her sleep, curled up beside Zacky.

I fell asleep almost immediatly. Maybe she doesn't like me the way that I like her. Maybe she wants Zacky.