Song Of The Heart

Take Care Kid

Image

Over the course of two weeks, Lucky, the song we nearly slaved away making was finished. And so was the friendship shared by Nick Jonas and me. Selena left a week ago, but not before promising we’d meet up again. Joy.

The worst part about our little ‘promise’ was probably the fact that Selena Gomez was a genuinely nice person, a girl who walked in at entirely the wrong time, not knowing what she got herself into.

I pushed the thought of being in the new couple’s presence away. The worst part about it, they decided to tell everyone the joyous news. At the VMA’s. Maybe I’m just a bitter pop star.Maybe I’m still helplessly intrigued by him.

“Lexi, got your bags girlfriend?” I nodded plainly and zipped up my suite case. Three weeks had flashed before my eyes, and now it was time to venture back home. Big Mo smiled at me and took them. “Ready to face Collin?” I somewhat grinned. It would be nice to have my brother in walking distance.

“The boys are already in the car, are you sure you got everything?” I nodded and hugged Diana. Diana decided she’d say behind and take care of the last preparations before the big performance. “Take care kid.” She whispered gently into my ear.

I followed Big Molike the robot I was out to the car. “I’m gonna hang back kid. You’re gonna be alright?” I nodded plainly and slide the van doors open. “I’m going to be fine.” I mumbled shoving myself into an empty seat. Smack dap next to Nick. Joy.

I ignored the unsure glances he was sending me and began to dig around my bag . Finally finding my ipod I scrolled through the songs finally allowing the Kings of Leon to fill my world.

I was nearly one hundred percent sure someone, mainly Nick, was talking to me-or about me. Either way I ignored it. I watched the New York scenery fade and the JFK airport come into view.

I allowed my heart to skip a beat. No matter how much I wanted to leave New York, leave myonly new found friends, I couldn’t help but let the tears prickle my line of vision.

I didn’t want to leave. I didn’t want Selena to come. I wanted everything to finally be perfect in my life. I wanted Nick to like me again, for him to hold my hand again, for us to talk again, to let the blush grace my cheeks. I wanted it all back.

I slipped my over sized sunglasses over my eyes and waited patiently for the car to come to a complete stop. Quickly hopping out I grabbed my bags and hurriedly walked into the airport. I could sense footsteps behind me, yet I ignored them.

I checked in and went through airport security. I needed to go home; I needed to get my head straight,

I didn’t say goodbye to anyone of the boys. I didn’t need to, I’d see them in two weeks, why start balling my eyes out now. Let’s spare me some more pain. I boarded the plane back to San Francisco with a billion regrets. All involving Nick.

All screaming for me to go back.

I let the tears fall as the plane left the ground.

--

“Alex!” A loud shriek rang out through the SFO airport. Lifting my sunglasses off my face I smiled and let out a loud squeal. “Collin!” I let him engulf me into a tight hug. “I missed you.” I mumbled.

Growing up it was extremely rare to ever find Collin and I apart. We always had to be around one another, for comfort and support. But every time I went on the road it was like a little part of me was missing. My comfort my support.

I let him spin me around some more, giggling. “Are you hungry?” He asked gratefully taking my purse from me. I nodded and bumped our hips. “good.” He smirked. “Mom’s at work right now so I got to ditch, you remember Jeans’ right, Jeans’ liquor? The store with the amazing sandwitches?” I nodded, “They’re my favorite, yes.” Collin smirked.

“Great. Matt’s waiting up for us.” I raised my eyebrow. “Matt, as in Matt Landon?” Collin nodded proudly. “He ditched to right?” Collin gave me a smug look. “You don’t like Matt?” I shook my head quickly.

“No, I love Matt. He’s probably the only friend of yours I like.” Collin glared. “Let’s go Lex, let’s go home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So...Comment, Rate, Banners are loved, and read journal.
Jess.