Song Of The Heart

You Were A Mistake.

Two weeks seemed to fly by, my vacation quickly ended as I had to fly back out to New York-and see Nick. Matt had promised me he’d fly in two days before the award show, and help me ‘concentrate on my future performance.’ Yea, that was a load of crap.

My stomach churned as I entered my hotel at the lovely Four Seasons. Although it wasn’t the same room exactly, the heavy memories still ran through my mind. I slowly unpacked hoping time would be on my side.

Seeing as I wasn’t talking to any of the Jonas Brothers I had no one. Diana was in L.A. making the final arrangements for the performance, and Big Mo was waddling around New York.

I hung up all my clothes, and even found the patience to color coordinate everything, seeing as it was only 8:30 p.m. I quickly gave up hope and decided to watch T.V. for the rest of the night.

I was vaguely watching reruns of the George Lopez show, all of them I’d seen, when my cell began to ring.

“Hello?”

“Can I talk to you for a second?”

My heart quickly sped up, that voice, his voice. The voice I’d ached to hear for weeks on end. Memories flashed through my mind, pictures of us laughing, him smiling, me smiling.

Although I had a ‘steady boyfriend’ if that’s what you wanted to call Matt, I couldn’t help but wish he was Nick. Matt wasn’t someone I was romantically interested in, he was my best friend-my diaper buddy, not someone I would make out with!

But Nick, something about Nick just hooked me in. It wasn’t his fame; god only knows I need more of that, or his money. Nick was just Nick. He was a talent, genuine, good-looking guy, one I couldn’t deal with right now.

“Nick, what do you want?” I hissed rolling over onto my back, Nick sighed. “Look, I know you just checked in and all, but please, meet me by the fountain-out by the veranda?”

I sighed heavily. “Nick I-I can’t.” I wouldn’t be weak, not this time. “Please? It will only take a minute, I promise.” I fiddled with my hair, a nervous habit, “You’ve got two minutes.”

By the time I reached the veranda there was no one in sight, “typical.” I grunted. “You look beautiful.” I gasped in surprise. Turning around I nearly fainted. Nick Jonas had grown even more attractive. His hair seemed curlier, and his eyes seemed browner, something seemed-much more alive.

“What do you want Jonas?” Nick chuckled and sat down on the fountain’s edge. “I just wanted to talk, to see you again.” I rolled my eyes, “Nick you’ve got a girlfriend-“ Nick quickly stood up and gripped my shoulders.

“She’s no you. She will never be as incredible as you. I’ll break up with her, I’ll never see her again, I’ll-“ I quickly cut him off. “I have a boyfriend.” His hands released from my shoulders.

“Oh.” That’s all he said. For five full minutes it seems, he just stood their in tremendous thought. “Who is he?” I looked at the ground, “An old friend, one back in San Francisco.” Nick nodded.

“He’s a lucky guy.” I looked up into Nick’s sad eyes, “Yeah, but he’s no you.” I blurted out. I couldn’t help it, the said thing was, I meant it too.

“He isn’t. He doesn’t smile the way you do, or laugh, he can’t sing like you can, he can’t make me nervous and excited at the same time, he can’t ever be you.” Nick’s shoulders seemed to lift.

“Lex, you’re only making this harder,” but I cut him off once more, “look you were stupid, and somehow I’ll never forgive you for that, but now, all I want is to forgive you.”

My head began to buzz, I shouldn’t be saying this, boyfriend or not he cheated. He fed me words I ate up. I looked away sadly.

“This was a mistake.” I mumbled, I slowly turned around and walked back to the lobby.

“You were a mistake.”

--

Two days had passed since I’d spoken to Nick, we’d had rehearsals, very awkward and uncomfortable rehearses, and both of us seemed to look the other way.

Matt was suppose to fly in tonight, I wasn’t exactly looking forward to it but it was somebody I new and cared for and that’s all I really needed right now.

“Lexi, are you listening to me?” I looked up from Debbie Mirko, an underground tailor/fashion designer. She was currently tailoring my VMA’s costume, Nick and I had a choreographer salsa together, on which with a little too much physical contact.

“What? Sorry Deb, I’m just-stressed.” Debbie smirked and continued to prick me with needles. “Of course you are dear, one less thing to worry about though, I’m just about finished.” I transferred my gaze from the floor to the full length mirror.

My costume was beautiful, something I’d never expected before. “It’s kind of-revealing.” Debbie scoffed, “Please, I’ve seen photo’s of you wearing much less, girl you look hot.” I rolled my eyes.

“Thanks, it’s beautiful really. I’ve got to change; Matt’s plane should have just gotten in.” Debbie nodded and helped me out of my dress.

I quickly changed into my regular clothes and headed to the door. “Oh and Alex, Nick will love it.” I rolled my eyes and gave her the bird.

“Later Deb.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long, last night was opening night for our dance showcase! it's been VERY stressful, i'm in eleven dances out of twenty-four...i think lol. So once this whole week is over i can return to a normal life.

COMMENTANDRATE :) JESS