Song Of The Heart

I'll Only Fall Hopelessly

“Babe, you look beautiful.” Matt grinned, kissing my temple gently. I sighed heavily and smoothed out my dress once more. “Thanks, ugh-I hate these things; they where like made to freak me out. Mint?” I asked quickly, shuffling through my clutch.

“Oh no!” I freaked out, “where are my mints?!” Matt chuckled and Larry-my amazing chauffeur of a limo driver-rolled down the solid divider. “I always carry some Altoids with me Ms.” I smiled warmly at him, “Thank you Larry.” I replied reaching for the mints he threw back.

That’s right, tonight was the night-the MTV VMAs. Tonight was my performance withNick the Jonas Brothers, tonight I was nominated for three moon men,and tonight Selena and Nick where making their debut and tonight Matt and I where making our debut.

“Why aren’t you nervous?” I asked him curiously. Matt rolled his eyes and draped his arm around my shoulders. “Because, my love, it’s hard to be nervous when I’m distracted by how beautiful you look.” I cringed from the cheesiness.

“Wow. That was smooth Matt.” I replied rolling my eyes and kissing his cheek. “I know.” He nodded. I laughed and Larry rolled down the divider once more.

“We’re here Ms. Lewis.” I nodded and let the butterflies consume me. I hated the anticipation of it all; maybe I was just a nervous person. “Do you have a speech if you win any awards?” Matt questioned. Yep, nervous person. “No,” I replied slowly.

I wasn’t[/b[ going to win any awards, I wasn’t going to win any awards, “I’m not going to win any awards.” Matt rolled his eyes, “Sure you’re not. You’re just a highly loved celebrity.”

I scoffed, yeah right. “Yeah, right.” I replied sarcastically. “What are you nominated for anyways?” I fiddled with my clutch. “Um, music video of the year, best female artist, and I think that’s it.” I replied lamely.

I watched Larry’s silhouette walk over to the door, I braced myself and grabbed Matt’s hand. “Watch your eyes,” I replied quickly, pulling him out of the limo once the door was opened-all thanks to Larry of course.

Matt didn’t have time to respond, “Wha-ow!” he moaned, and I giggled lightly as my eyes adjusted to the flashing bulbs. “Come on!” I whispered playfully. I dragged Matt along and posed for pictures with him-he was not leaving my side.

“Ms. Lewis! Please, one interview!” A petite lady yelled, I tried to locate the voice-she was tiny, barely reaching five feet with dark brown hair. “Hi.” I replied meekly,dragging Matt along, walking over with Matt.

“Hello Ms. Lewis, how are you feeling tonight?” her quick response caught me slightly off guard.

“G-good, a little nervous.” I replied. As much as I love award shows, I hated them-to much pressure. “Good, and who is this?” she asked,eyeing my man, “Um, this is my date, Matt.” I wasn’t to keen on announcing our ‘relationship’ if that’s what you wanted to call it.

“I see.” She replied, scribbling something down no less. “How are you feeling about your performance with the Jonas Brother’s tonight?” I opened my mouth to speak but there was a tap on my shoulder,

“Alex, you’re needed inside.” Mosaved me instructed. I nodded and followed his instruction, grabbing Matt’s hand. “Bye have a nice night!” I responded, dismissing myself from the interviewer.

Matt and I where escorted to our seats, a few rows away from us wasNick the Brothers. I waved at the three boys and brought my attention back to my boyfriend.

“How are you feeling?” I asked, Matt’s eyes kept wondering, probably taking it all in. “Good, this is, this is crazy!” Matt laughed. I laughed along with him and gripped his hand.

“Alex?!” I’m almost sure I visibly flinched. “Selena how are you?!” I greeted, standing up from my seat. We hugged and I watched her smile grow. “I’m wonderful, I’m here with Nick.”

Be cool, she doesn’t know you had a ‘thing’, she’s oblivious, she’s a nice person.

I pursed my lips together. “That’s great!” Selena nodded happily, “Hey Lex, could I ask you something?” I nodded, it was clear she was upset-well more like worried about something.

“What is it? Are you okay?” Selena nodded, her gaze hit the floor, “You know what forget it.” She laughed; I forced a weak smile on my face, “You can tell me anything, I won’t tell.” I promised her.

Selena nodded, “I know, maybe later yeah?” I nodded and watched her walk off. I returned to my seat, snuggling into Matt’s shoulder.

The lights dimmed, and Matt turned visibly excited. I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek. Twenty minutes into the show Mo came to escort me backstage. I changed into my outfit and worked on my vocal exercises.

“You look hot!” a deep voice chuckled. I turned around and grinned. “Hey Joey!” I replied wrapping him into a tight hug.

“Are you ready to ‘wow’ the people?” he joked; I nodded happily and latched onto his arm. Mo popped his head in, “Stage, let’s go you too.” I nodded and braced myself.

I stood patiently on the platform, while some technician hooked up my mic. “You look great.” I quite voice whispered. I turned my head slightly. “Yeah, thanks.”

Don’t look at him, don’t look.

Nick stirred next to me, “Why aren’t you looking at me?” I hesitated; did I really want to open up my heart to this man again? He had Selena, and I had Matt. Yeah, okay not really Matt was just a friend, but still!

“I can’t.” I replied sharply.

Nick tensed, “And why not? I know what I did was wrong but, please, just look at me!” I shook my head and continued to stare at my feet.

“Because Nick, if I look at you, it’s only going to make me fall hopelessly in love with you.” I could hear Usher introducing us. I held my breathe and waited for the cue.

If only I knew who right that statement was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while, i've been on vacation and i recetenly got a job (as a lifeguard) so i've been crazy busy.

Speaking of work one of my best friends and work buddy :) got a mibba! her story is similar to mine, but not... anyways

i know it takes me a while, and i'm sorry, but that's why i'm telling you about Sienna. She's pre-written most of her story i think, so please go visit her SHES AWESOME

her account name is:

siennarea

COMMENT AND RATE!!