Song Of The Heart

Take Off Your Shirt

Image

Rule number one: Never walk the streets alone.
Rule number two: But if you do, don’t severely kick, hit, bite, of strangle anyone.
It might come back and bite you in the ass.


I giggled and unwrapped my arms from Joe Jonas’s waist. “It’s raining!” I squealed rushing onto the middle of the sidewalk and spinning around into a million different circles.

“That’s beautiful Alexandra; I think it’s time to get into the taxi.” Kevin grinned; I shook my head and continued spinning. “Its Lexi, actually I think I’m going to walk home.”

Kevin’s expression quickly changed, “No Alex-it’s way to dangerous, plus it’s a long walk and it’s raining, time to get in the cab.” I stopped spinning and smirked at Kevin. “I noticed Kevin, plus it’s not like I’m not a city girl-I can take care of myself.”

“Lexi, please please don’t do this to us! Just get in the cab!” Joe groaned. Shaking my head lightly I waved at the three boys, “See ya tomorrow.”

After five minutes of walking in the cold rain I realized the boys had given up. Good. I gently threw my head back and enjoyed the peaceful drops that landed on my face.

It was nearly eleven and it seemed that all nightlife had desist, yet the pounding of rhythmic footsteps continued. And they weren’t my Prada heals.

I quickened the pace and continued down the damp sidewalk. An old vendor was closing up shop for the night, and a neon green sign continued to blink through the black sky.

Observations Alex observations.

The footsteps continued to match my own, there was no doubt in my mind; I was being followed. Considering I still had three full blocks left until I reached the safety of The Four Seasons, meant I was screwed, big time.

As if perfectly timed a calloused hand covered my left shoulder. Panicking I quickly turned around and fluently kicked my offender in the abdomen.

Shit Alex!

My brows furrowed for a moment my breathing heavy, I know that voice.

“Nick?!” I gasped bending down to find a certain curly haired boy grasping his stomach in pain while rolling around on the wet pavement. “Wha-what are you doing here?!” my hand quickly covered my a gap mouth,

“Are you okay? I didn’t have any idea who you were! Nick?!” Nick continued to roll gasping in pain. “T-that wa-was quit a ki-ck.” My lips pursed together, determined to hold back laughter.

“I c-couldn’t lettt you walk t-the str-eets a-alone, ugh someth-ing mi-ight have happened t-to you!” his voice churned with pain. I quickly kneeled down and rested his curly head onto my lap.

“Are you alright Nick?” Nick’s lips pursed together, “I-I’ll be fine, that was one hell of a kick though.” His lips forced a smile. “We s-should get up,” Nick reasoned. I shook my head and allowed the tears to stream down my face.

“N-no rest.” My voice broke. I just kicked the living daylights out of a man who was trying to protect me.

Nick’s cold hand lightly touched my face, “Come, we’re almost there, I’m sure I’ll live.” I nodded and helped him gently up.

We walked back in complete silence. Not a word spoken not a word replied. The main lobby of The Four Seasons was still decoratively light up, I helped Nickwalk limp over to the elevator.

“That’s going to leave a bruise.” Nick joked lifting up his shirt. I gasped and let a new set of tears leak from my blue orbs. “Oh my-what have I done?!”

To the right of Nick’s abdomen was a large swollen nearly black welt. “Oh Nick, I can’t let your brothers see you like this, they’ll kill me!” Nick chuckled and waved his hand, “Nah, it’ll be fine.”

I shook my head, “At least come to my room?” Nick raised his eyebrows, “to let me clean you up of course then you can go to your room.” Nick grinned, “You don’t have to baby me I’m fine.”

“Nick you’re not fine! Listen your hurt; let me fix what I’ve caused!” The elevator doors opened and Nick smirked. “Well when you put it that way, sure.”

--

I gently opened my hotel room door to hear the snoring of Big Mo, some bodyguard he is. I quickly ushered Nick into the bedroom, “here take off your shirt, I’ll go get a wet cloth and anti-bacterial.” Nick nodded and turned towards the bed.

I quickly darted into the master bathroom and rummaged through the cabinets. Luckily i easily found pressure tap, anti-bacterial, and a wash cloth.

Eagerly walking back into my room I nearly stopped dead in my tracks.

There was Nick Jonas, shirtless, on my bed.

What a sight for sore eyes. I blinked a couple of times and let the crimson quickly leave my cheeks, “Um here, I brought back a couple of things to patch you up,” I replied pressing the wet cloth against his battered skin.

“Ugh-what are you doing?” Nick groaned in pain. I winced; I was only causing him more pain. “I’m getting the dry blood off; this will help make your skin feel lighter.” Nick nodded and dug his head deeper into the hotel’s pillow.

“Alright this might hurt..alot but it’ll protect against infection.” I replied wetting the damp washcloth with anti-bacterial. “You ready?” Nick scoffed, “I’ll be fine.”

I couldn’t help but smirk as Nick shrieked in pain. “Nick?! Big Mo’s sleeping!” I whispered harshly, “Well I’m sorry my skins burning off!” Nick spat. I rolled my eyes and watched as his forehead ceased.

“The worst is over, no all I need is for you to sit up,” Nick obliged and I gently wrapped the pressure tap around him. “You really know what you’re doing huh?” I shrugged “I have a twin brother; I need to know these things.”

“There all better.” I smiled standing up straight. Nick looked down at his bandaged abdomen and nodded. “Nice work Lex.” I smiled, “Well looking at the time it’s nearly midnight I’m sure your brothers are worried sick.”

Nick grinned and stood up, “True I should go.” He replied lightly touching my shoulder and walking out of the room, I smiled and looked down at my bed, “Oh Nick!” I replied chasing after him,

Nick spun around from the door, “you forgot your shirt.” I reminded handing him the white material. Nick smirked, “thanks.” I nodded and watched him open the door.

“Night Lexi.” Nick grinned gently bending down and kissing my cheek.

“Night.” I replied closing the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahaha weeeell, what an active chapter eh? well i hope you comment and rate so there will be MORE of those. :) and if you don't coment and rate i will be forced to not update, i mean is that so much to ask?? Jess