The Death Cronicles: Book 1 Demon Dead

Chapter 3

The party was being held at Circus of the Damned. On the out side was a giant evil looking clown like the one from IT. Torn curtains made up fro the entrance, a dim light shining from them. " Wonderful isn't it?" Jimmy asked as he linked arms with me. We walked up to the entrance. A bouncer met us there."Name and invitation please." Jimmy gave the invitation to him." Jimmy Devato and guest." "And what is your guest's name Mr. Devato?" he asked as he checked off Jimmy's name." Miss Rayne Hoffman." The bouncer lifted up the velvet rope with a nervous smile. I wasn't going to kill him. I put on my masked and walked inside. Multicolored lights flashed on and off on the dance floor.I sensed a tangy smell in the air as My Hero from the Foo Fighter blasted loudly from speakers." Don't let go of my hand." Jimmy said as he led me through the crowd of bodies and sweat. He led us to a private section of the place, away from all the noise. There were three chairs in the room one of them had someone in it. Jimmy led us over to him." Rayne I want you to meet Jean-Claude, the master of the city." he said pointing to the man in one of the seats. "It's a pleasure to meet the famous Rayne Hoffman."he said with a deep french accent. I wasn't really listening to him. I was more interested in the shadows that were surronding him. I think that are people, but I'm not really sure. A light flickered on. The shadow was now gone from his face. He looked like he had come out of a real good romance novel. White silk button up shirt, lace jacket with silk pants sitting on a chair made of silk. Face almost identical to Jimmys. Jean-Claude patted his knee. Jimmy came to sit on his knee shirt now unbuttoned. With a snap of his fingers the stereo came alive, sound comeing from its speakers. Jean-Claude started messing with Jimmy's hair. I found a chair to sit on. I ran my fingers through my hair and closed my eyes. When I opened them a second later, Jimmy had fallen asleep and the Jean-Claude was no where in sight. I felt a cold hand run down my cheek." So here we are all alone." Jean-Claude whispered in my ear. "Your quite the catch."I turned to face him. Being Demon Dead made me immune to his powers. " Thank you, and your quite the blood sucker." I replied flatly. He laughed silently. Before he could reply Jimmy woke up. i grabbed his arm," Jimmy it's time to go." I draged him out of the room back to the main party. I was not likeing it here. We ended up on the main dance floor. The red and pink neon lights flashing to the beat of the music I manuvered my way though the grinding bodies of the party goers. I was almost to the entrance when Jimmy started pulling at my hand."Let's at least stay for the party." I started to argue. He put a finger on my lips and let me away from the entrance to the middle of the dance floor. We stoped just as a slow song started to play. He ran a finger down my chin. I shivered at his touch. I wrapped my arms around his neck, tangleing my fingers in his hair. He wrapped his arms around my waist as we swayed to the beat of Avenged Sevenfold. He kissed his way down my neck tip of his fangs resting on my shoulder blade. He spun me around and dipped me. I let my face rest against his chest as we spun. I rested my lips on the side of his mouth. The song ended, our faces close enough to kiss.