Competition's Just in My Nature

Don't Mess With My Past

"So did you date before m?"Taylor asked as we sat at a table watching Joe take Frankie around.
"Does it matter?"I asked hoping to avoid the subject.
"Just making conversation,"He shrugged.
"I've dated a few people,"I shrugged.
"Like?"
"You sure are nosy,"I smirked,"First of you know a lot of people know who I am because of what I do right?"
"Yeah, it's why I figured Jimmy Fallon knew you."
"Yeah well I know a lot of famous people."
"So who is this mystery man you dated before me?"
"Who said I'm dating you,"I smirked shoving him lightly.
"Ryan, c'mon,"Taylor gave me a look.
"You mean you didn't hear about it? It was total Jonas family drama,"I rolled my eyes,"It was taken out of proportion because every one thinks I'm like my brothers."
"Like your brothers?"He raised an eyebrow.
"No drinking, no sex before marriage,"I listed with an eyeroll,"Truth is,they know I haven't been a virgin since 18 but it never bothered them. But this guy, he bothered the fuck out of them."
"So what happened?"
"Well me and this guy kept a low profile for a month of our dating then he wanted to meet my parents, not that I minded but I was probably more nervous then what he was about meeting them. So I took him to my house for dinner and the second he stepped into the house, everyone hated him."
"It couldn't be that bad,"Taylor looked at me.
"Are you kidding me?"I raised an eyebrow at him,"My family had a family dinner and since they knew of him, even my grandparents shook their head in shame. From there on out, it was a diaster, everyone kept telling me if I didn't break up with him than I'd be disowned."
"So what happened?"
"We left,"I shrugged,"I wasn't letting them run my life anymore."
"But they didn't disown you."
"No, worse, they went on the news and started shit,"I grumbled,"It's one of the reasons I left too. I couldn't take it."
"But what about your boyfriend?"
"He's a badass,"I laughed to myself,"He stood up for everything we did. We're still close friends."
"So are you going to tell me who this guy is?"
"Are you going to hate me?"
"No."
"Colin Farrell,"I sighed twirling a piece of hair around my finger thinking about him.

"Colin Farrell, as in The Colin Farrell?"Taylor looked at me.
"Yes,"I sighed annoyingly,"Problem?"
He laughed a bit,"No it's just I mean he's a total manwhore, how could you have a serious relationship with him?"
I rolled my eyes at him as I got off the table,"You're a hypocrite."
"Ryan, wait,"He followed me as I started to walk off.
"Leave me alone!"I flipped him off as I walked outside the musuem and Taylor stayed there to watch my brothers.

I honestly didn't think he was going to be that way about who I dated before him. I mean it's not like he was any better right now. Sitting on the steps of the musuem, I slumped over a bit hoping no one seen how angry and upset I was at the moment. I didn't want to go back in the museum or have anything to do with Taylor right now. And I didn't want to talk to my brothers since he had to go and bring up old feelings. Taking out my phone to look at my contacts, I scrolled down til I found his number again.

Listening to it ring, I hoped he would answer.
"Hello?"
"Colin, hey,"I smiled hearing that Irish accent just for a second.
"Ryan? What's wrong?"asked Colin.
"What makes you think something's wrong?"I sniffled.
"You're sniffling."
"I'm outside and it's freezing in Chicago."
"Then why aren't you inside?"He laughed.
"I don't want to go inside."
"And you wondered why I asked "what's wrong?" I know you too well."
"I don't want to be here anymore,"I sighed,"I thought a road trip would be fun but it's taken a wrong turn."
"Who are you with?"
"Frankie, Joe, and um Taylor."
"Oh,"He drew out,"Where are you headed?"
"New York by the end of the week."
"What if I met you there and you talked to me about everything?"
"That's be nice,"I paused,"But I"m upset now."
"I know you are sweetheart, but I don't have a magic carpet, otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat."
"I know you would."
"So for now, dry your eyes and get your ass out of the cold,"He laughed.
"Ok,"I stood up.
"You know I love you right?"
"Yes,"I let out a breath leaning against the wall now.
"Good,"He smiled,"So I'll see you soon."
"Bye,"I smiled hanging up the phone.

Walking back into the building, I didn't pay attention to anyone except Joe and Frankie, even though my comments to Joe were snarky and snappy, he was leaving me alone. Which meant, it was just me and Frankie right now but I didn't care.