Competition's Just in My Nature

A Little Back and Forth

I watched as Frankie was struggling a bit with the board, so was Nick. All in all, it was a pretty cool feeling to watch my brothers actually take an interest in what I was doing. Joe was trying to hold back his laughter at Nick while Kevin even though he was being a dick, smiled and helped out. I guess he knew I wasn't that harmless but we were still "fighting". As I was helping Frankie get the board off his feet to work on some more moving down the hill, someone called out to me.

"Ryan? Is that you?"

I turned to the voice to see boys walking over to me. The first one who was running up to me was none other than Zac Hanson who practically tackled me once he hugged me. I looked behind him to see Issac smile at me then Taylor look off to the side. I had that butterfly feeling in my stomach as I looked at him but at the same time, my stomach did backflips with what's going on.

"You can let go now,"I laughed as Zac got off me.
"Are you competiting?"Zac smiled.
"Yeah, I just had slopestyle elimination today, which I finished first then I'm just having fun with Big Air,"I smiled then directed towards my brothers,"So now before I go back, I'm spending some time with my brothers."
"Fun,"He nodded.
"And you guys remember Joe and Kevin,"I pointed to them then to Frankie who was in fron tof me and Nick struggling,"This is Frankie and the boy losing the fight with the board is Nick."
"Ryan, who are they?"Frankie looked up at me.
"These 3 happen to be good friends of mine and Marion,"I smiled,"The one who talked me is Zac, then that's Issac, and Taylor over there."
"So is Marion here?"asked Zac.
"Dude you know she's dating Andreas so yeah,"My eyes went wide but I sighed,"Plus she is my best friend."
"Oh,"Zac nodded.
"You two are sure quiet,"I nodded towards Issac and Taylor.
"Sorry Ry,"Issac stuck his tongue out at me,"Or should I say RyJo."
I covered my ears,"Ugh, don't say that name."
"RyJo?"asked Nick who was trying not to laugh.
"Call me it and I'll kill you,"I glared.
"RyJo,"Nick laughed shaking his head.

"Anyways,"I rolled my eyes at him,"Are you guys staying the whole 4 days?"
"Yeah,"Issac nodded,"I'm just glad we've found someone we know to actually root for them."
"Aww thanks,"I smiled,"Well hey, you guys want to join us for lunch?"
"Is that a good idea?"whispered Joe in my ear.
"Yes,"I threw him a look,"Don't worry about it."
"Ok, RyJo,"Joe smirked as I punched him in the arm,"Ow!"
"Sure,"Issac and Zac shrugged,"Sounds like fun."
"Good,"I smiled.

We finished up the snowboarding lesson as the boys headed back to their hotel room to change clothes. In case you haven't noticed, my mom and dad left already for some reason, leaving me with my brothers who meant most the time I had to look out for them which kinda sucked. At the same time, I don't know, I guess it was cool that I got to hang out with them.

Finding a resturant with a kids menu for Frankie, we finally got to eat lunch. I was too nervous to eat lunch mainly from nerves about Big Air tonight and then the tension that was brewing between well certain people around the table. Don't ask me how it happened but somehow Frankie convinced me to sit next to him with Taylor on the other side of him. It awkward to say the least and well Joe was on the other side of me just in case Kevin started something, he could stop me before I killed him.

Frankie was busy coloring when the waitress brought back our drinks and took our order. Hell if I could get away with it, I would've colored too but apparently people find a 24 year old coloring, odd. Eh, screw them anyways. As Frankie was coloring, these pre-teen girls came running up to the table asking Joe, Kevin, and Nick for autographs which I had to roll my eyes at.

Zac took notice as he smirked at me,"Happen a lot?"
"More than you can imagine,"I sighed as Frankie's cup moved closer to the edge of the table,"Bro, your cup is so going to fall off the table."
"I think it's funny when she speaks snowboarder,"Frankie laughed as I rolled my eyes at him then went to move the cup into the table more.

As I moved the cup in, Taylor thought of the same thing and for a split second, our hands touched. Taking my hand back, I blushed a bit as Taylor did too and he smiled lightly.

"I think it's funny when she speaks snowboarder too,"Taylor laughed with Frankie.
"I know right?"Frankie looked at him,"Then she gets technical and I have no clue what she's talking about."
"A good trick is just to say "uh huh" a lot to her,"Taylor smirked.
"Hey!"I protested.
"Really?"Frankie looked at him with a smile.
"Yeah, works everytime,"Taylor flashed a smile at him.
"Dude stop teaching my brother to be a jerk,"I glared with a smile on my face.

Taylor smirked at me as my phone rung and looked to see who it was :Marion.
I knew I had to take her call since well, she most likely heard who was here and knew what could happen.