Status: I really have no idea what I'll do with this story. I may just let it sit here for another year....

If Only They Knew

No Big Deal

"I'm Nick." He smiled and the breath caught in my throat. I quickly inhaled to keep from fainting.
"I'm sorry about earlier. I was in a hurry and wasn't paying attention and-"

"Its okay, really."

"You're sure?"

"Positive."

"Okay, I felt so bad for not properly apologizing."

"How do you guys know each other?" John interjected.

"Uh,"

"I accidentally ran into her at the mall. I nearly pushed her down,so she called me a douche bag." He added grinning.

John laughed and I blushed.

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"Its no big deal. I would have done the same thing."

"Hey Cass, let's go get a drink." John said, grabbing her hand and pulling her along behind him.

"Okay." She flashed a grin at me.

"What was that all about?"

"I, honestly don't know. She has issues."

"Do you want a drink? I can go get you one."

"Uh, okay sure." He took my cup and walked toward the kitchen.

"Hey, how's it going? Isn't he adorable?" Cassadee asked as she popped up out of no where.

"As fine as it can for talking for about... oh, I don't know two seconds. And didn't you just leave?"

"Yeah, but I'm just checking to make sure-"

"Here's your drink. Oh, Cassie do you want something?" Nick asked as he walked back over to Cassie and I.

"Thanks but no thanks. Actually John has my drink. I was just, I had to ask Sophie a question. But I'm uh I', done. I got my answer. Kinda. But I'll see you around. Bye." And she made her way back in the opposite direction.

"So what do you do?"

"As a job? I work at this small venue as a bartender with Cassadee at night. Then between classes or during the day I work at Hot Topic. Again with Cassie."

"That's pretty sick."

"Its alright. It pays bills." I said with a hint of sarcasm. "But the cool part about the venue, I get to get into concerts for free."

"That's is cool. Well I'm in a band, but I'm sure you already knew that."

"Actually, I didn't. Not until Cassie filled me in. How long has Tim been managing you? I'm surprised we haven't met before..."

"Uh, two years. I mean I originally started out as a project, but now its really turned into something awesome."

I watched as he smiled at his success. "That's really cool. I'm glad everything is working out for you. Look, I'd love to talk but I really gotta go. Would you like to go out for coffee or something?"

"Like a date?" He said with a smile.

"Sure, if that's what you want to call it... Here." I handed him my cell phone. "Put you number in."

He took his iPhone 3g out of his pocket. "Only if you type in your's."

"Of course." I punched in my number and handed it back to him. "Thanks."

"I'll call you tomorrow and we can set something up?"

"Definitely. It was really nice talking to you."

"It was really cool talking to you, Sophie."

"Good nigh. Bye." I turned on my heel and walked to the back door where I saw Alex and Jack with a group f girls surrounding them. "Later douche bags!"

"Bye!"

"Later!"

I smiled and walked back through the house to the front door, waving at any particular friend I saw.

"Sophie! Sophie, hold up,"

"Cassie?"

"Can you leave a key under the mat? I forgot mine at home."

"Yeah sure. Are you ever gonna be home tonight? I mean since you and John..."

"Whoa! I'm not putting out. I mean just because John and I are kinda dating and..."

"Chill. I was just kidding. I'll see ya at home. Night girly."

"Night."

She walked back into the room with all our friends (Alicia, Joel, Gabi, Austin, Rachael, Lauren, Tessa, Garrett, Eric, Justin, Tanner, Rex, Nicole, Trey, Loren..) We haven't all hung out in so long and here I was leaving early because I have school and work. I'd have to get us all together again soon. But for now, the night was closing for me and it was just beginning for my friends. I envied their free spirits... Not to mention, I was leaving a really hot guy. What am I thinking?
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so so so so sorry its taken so long. I've been working on other stories and got distracted. Forgive me with comments?