Sequel: Reasons to Be Missed
Status: Completed.

Everything is Not What it Seems

How To Save A Life

Katelyn’s P.O.V
After Matt B. had helped me, I had walked out the door, past Brian who made a comment about blood on my shirt but I had brushed him off. I was feeling shakey and looked down at my hands and noticed I was indeed shaking a bit. I walked home to see Frank was there watching videos with Gee. He noticed my presence first and pulled me back out to talk. As soon as we got out the door and back towards the front I bit my lip and looked down as tears started to fall down my cheeks. I…he…she,” I stumbled over my words as more tears fell. Finally just opting to make the shaking stop I hugged him tightly and buried my head into his chest. “I couldn’t push him off,” I whispered brokenly as Frank sat there holding me.

“It’s gonna be okay Kate. Come on…let’s go to the park,” I nodded before shaking my head and grabbing his hand and leading him a bit. When we got back by Zack’s house Ashley, Brian, Matt Sanders, and Zack were sitting on the porch and his parents were talking to them. I picked up my phone and turned it on.

“I can’t wait to be 18. I just wanna get the fuck out of here,” I stated wiping at my eyes. “Nothing good ever comes from here. Maybe I can see if Jive Records can send me to a different branch of their company or something,” I stated softly before leaning against Frank and closing my eyes. “I mean don’t get me wrong…I love my adopted family, but you guys will be gone too. To record your album and such, and I can’t stand being in the same school as them, let alone the same city,” I stated getting worked up. My vision was blurry because tears were threatening to fall. “I mean seriously. I must be defective or something…my parents didn’t want me and probably hate me. And, I have to put up with it everyday,” I stated before wiping at my eyes haphazardly. I noticed them smirking at the fact that there were tears in my eyes. I noticed Mark’s car driving past and clung to Frankie slightly.

Frank muttered some choice words before sighing and hugging me tightly whispering sweet nothings in my ears. I closed my eyes and sighed deeply. “Why can’t I make myself disappear? So many people would be so much better off without me here,” I stated before looking at my shoes. Frank sighed deeply before glaring in Ashley and their direction.

“Katelyn. Listen to me. Your real family are assholes except for the one brother. You are more generous than all of them combined. You used the last of your money to buy a kid a ticket to get home. When you had to get home yourself. And then you walked 10 miles to get home and gave your coat to a different woman. Stop letting them get to you. You’re an amazing, talented person Kate,” he stated while caressing my cheek. “And this is gonna be one nasty bruise,” I nodded before wiping my eyes.

“Thanks Frankie,” I hugged him tight before letting him lead me to the park. When we got there, he pulled me over to the swings and pushed me gently into one before sitting in the one next to me. “Did you ever think we’d get this far?” I asked with a light smile…not taking note of who had walked into the park. “I mean. You’re 17, I’m 16. I’m working for a music company and have met some great people. You’re in a band and going to be famous one day,” I smiled as he laughed before deciding to tell me something.

“We got signed. We were signed to a smaller company under Warner Bros,” He exclaimed as I smiled and hugged him tight. “Thanks for all your help Kate,” I nodded and yawned tiredly. “Oh and you can meet Bob soon,” he stated with a grin. I smiled and nodded before yawning again. “You seem tired,” I shook my head no.

“I wanna stay out here longer. I’ll see you later Frank,” I smiled as he walked away. I would have been fine…had Mark not come into the park tonight. I backed away but he still grabbed me and pulled me to him in a rough one sided kiss. “Let. Go,” I growled trying to push him away and struggling.

“We are finishing what we started earlier,” he stated with a growl.

“I said no” I stated angrily, still trying to pull away. I felt tears start to fall as we got closer to his car and everything seemed futile. He pushed me against the car, and was about to lean in for another kiss when he was pulled off by Brian?! Wait what the fuck?

I wiped at my eyes before sliding down against the car and pulling my knees to my chest as Brian kicked Mark’s ass. I wiped my eyes and made myself run. I ran as fast as I could to the nearest friend’s house. I knocked on the door and cried into Frank’s shoulder when he opened the door. He pulled me in and took me to the couch and consoled me.

The next day at school. I clung to Frank with everything in me. I looked up to see Brian, Ashley, and Zacky looking confused at my dyed brown hair. I had dyed it my natural color and was still wearing Adam’s fedora. I stayed silent and clung to Frank tighter when Mark walked by.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anyways let me know what you think. Sorry for the shortness.