Sequel: Reasons to Be Missed
Status: Completed.

Everything is Not What it Seems

Doesn't Know Where She Belongs

Katelyn’s P.O.V
I inhaled deeply as I was called up in front of Huntington’s senior class and families. “And this years class valedictorian, Katelyn Way,” he announced and I could tell you of seven people who weren’t clapping. I walked up with a smile on my face before I made my speech. I smiled as I finished up. “So give it up for our senior class! And let me be the first to say, that this is the first day of the rest of our lives,” I exclaimed as they all cheered. Then they started with the diplomas. I looked up as they called Zacky up and he went up and grabbed it. His parents were in tears, yeah, I wasn’t so sure he was going to graduate either with all the detentions he got. The next time I looked up, it was the Haner twins…Ashley first because her name began with an ‘A.’ The Haners looked happy as I just yawned tiredly. I smiled as the Ieros got their diplomas and as they got through Jimmy and Matt’s names. It was then my turn.

“And graduating with high honors, the class valedictorian, Katelyn Way,” I smiled and walked up and took my diploma before shaking the principal’s hand and waiting at the end for Mikey. “Graduating with honors, Michael Way,” When he got to me we hugged before walking back to our seats with a smile on our faces.

“We’re finally getting out of here!” Mikey exclaimed with excitement. I nodded with a smile, as we sat quietly waiting up. As soon as we got up to throw our caps, I ended up going up to make another speech on the principal’s insistence when Matt Baker walked up as I was giving it.

“There was a reason your eyes looked the same as Zacky’s!” he exclaimed as my eyes widened. “I came across it on accident…you…you’re my sister,” He pulled me into a hug as everyone stared at me with wide eyes.

“It’s a fucking lie,” Ashley spoke up with a glare.

“You just say that cause you hate her,” Matt B. stated. “You want the truth. Ask mom and Dad,” he stated as Zacky and Ashley looked at Mr. and Mrs. Baker.

“I…you…I care for you as a sibling Matt…but I’d rather be a Way,” I whispered but knew the microphone picked it up as tears started to fall. They were all glaring at me. I slid off my heels and jumped off stage and ran as fast and as hard as I could. When I finally stopped I was in the park, so I took a seat on a swing, and let the tears fall freely. I looked up when I felt someone put something on my head. “Adam!” I hugged him tight before he had a chance to say anything. He wrapped his arms around me in a hug before starting to lead me back to the school courtyard, I sighed and followed him. When we got back, it figured that they were the only ones, with their parents still there.

“I don’t want to Adam,” I whispered as we walked closer, my parents stood there with Mikey and Gee. I looked up at the sky. “Any new songs?” I asked looking towards Adam as he smiled and nodded. “Do I get to hear?” I asked with a warm smile.

“Of course,” he grinned before Ashley walked up and stared me in the eyes. I backed up and glared.

“Stop staring! I’ve had the same eyes my whole life. And none of you cared or noticed before. So leave me alone,” My parents looked shocked. It’s the first time they’ve heard me speak with anger behind my words in such a strong voice. I wiped at the tears that were starting to fall again. “I get it. All of you hate me. And I…no saying I don’t care would be lying. But it’s not like I can change it. So if it makes you all happy? I should be gone soon. I asked my boss, along with my friends. I’m going with Adam to help with their music and on tour. So you never have to see my stupid face again,” I stated angrily. And when Mark walked up glared. “And you…you can just get the fuck away,” I stated angrily as Adam glared. I had told him everything.

Adam sighed as I walked away. “Is it true?” I heard Sanders ask. I turned to see Adam nod.

“She hates it here. With you, people like Mark, and the fact she hasn’t had a date in 4-5 years…yeah she wants to leave. And fast,” Adam stated. I kept walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the shortness...anyways ashley is next. XD