Sequel: Reasons to Be Missed
Status: Completed.

Everything is Not What it Seems

When You're on the Edge & Falling Off

Katelyn’s P.O.V
I was sitting in the park with my knees pulled up to my chest. I had to get out of here…I never wanted to see stupid Huntington again. Maybe, just maybe if I ask nicely, Adam will let me live with him up in Canada. I looked up as someone sat down next to me and pulled me into a hug. I realized from the smell of cigarettes and cologne who it was immediately. I wrapped my arms around Adam in a hug as I cried into his shoulder. “I hate it here. I hate them. I am so fucking done with California,” I whispered. He nodded and kissed my forehead before pulling me up. “Come play with us at a party. You can sing vocals with me on a song I’ve been working on,” I nodded as he showed me the lyrics. I was in a nice enough dress for a party, so I just kept that on and went and got a pair of red and black gym shoes.

When we got there, we met up with Barry, Neil and Brad and got on stage. I saw their entire group around the room, not in one place. Zacky was watching in interest…and I had caught Brian’s eye again. I immediately looked away as Adam said it was something new he had been working on. “And helping us with vocals, the lovely, talented…Ms. Katelyn Way,” I smiled falsely and waved as the music began. “I feel it every day. It’s all the same. It brings me down, but I’m the one to blame. I’ve tried everything to get away. So here I go again, chasing you down again. Why do I do this? Over and over, over and over, I fall for you. Over and over, over and over I try not to. It feels like everyday stays the same. It’s dragging me down and I can’t pull away. So here I go again, chasing you down again. Why do I do this? Over and over, over and over, I fall for you. Over and over, over and over, I try not to. Over and over, over and over, you make me fall for you. Over and over, over and over you don’t even try. So many thoughts that I can’t get out of my head. I try to live without you, every time I do I feel dead. I know what’s best for me, but I want you instead. I’ll keep on wasting all my time. Over and over, over and over I fall for you. Over and over, over and over I try not to. Over and over, over and over you make me fall for you. Over and over, over and over you don’t even try to,” we sang together and smiled at the crowd reaction.

They ate it up and were cheering and such. I smiled before taking a bow with Adam and walking off stage with him. We walked towards the door, and ended up bumping into Brian Haner. I looked away immediately and grabbed Adam’s hand to try and avoid feeling awkward. I wanted out of there and fast. Adam gently tugged me out the door and towards my house. He was gonna spend the night and help me pack so I would be ready for their tour. Their manager had also mentioned something about some band coming with as an opening act. I yawned and let Adam lead me before we ended up in my room.

We both ended up asleep on my bed. And before anyone brings up my reputation…we just slept. No sex, nothing inappropriate.

The next day I woke up to the sun shining brightly in my window. I looked down to see that Adam’s chest had been my pillow. I giggled quietly before getting up and getting ready and packing my bags. As soon as I was packed, I woke Adam up and made him breakfast before we went to the Jive building to wait for the rest of the guys, and the opening act.

As soon as Brad, Barry and Neil had gotten here the manager spoke up. “Alright. You guys aren’t big enough yet…so you will have to share the bus with your opening act. The tech crew and rhodies will get their own bus. Your opening act is some local band named Avenged Sevenfold, and you can choose your sleeping arrangements because there will need to be some sharing,” he explained as we nodded. I didn’t really care…I mean I had shared a bed with Adam last night, and I have shared a bed with Neil in the past…so we’ll figure something out. My heart dropped when I heard Matt’s voice laughing with Val’s as they walked in. “Ah meet your opening act,” the guys’ manager smiled as I just frowned.

“Damn it,” I mumbled as Adam rubbed my back lightly. Jake, Three Days Grace’s manager then gave the same story to Avenged Sevenfold. Oh, and told them that two of the girlfriends had to go. So Leanna and Dawn volunteered…Dawn was Johnny’s new girlfriend…and that works out anyways cause theoretically she won’t be able to stay for all of it anyways, since it goes into the fall. He said our first stop was outta town and to go check out the bus, and acquaint ourselves with it since it would be our home for the next six months. I walked in and closed my eyes as Adam walked around right behind me. We walked to the bunk area and claimed a bottom bunk by putting our suitcases on it. “I’m tired,” I mumbled as Adam nodded and smiled softly as Ashley, Zack and Brian came through the door. I sat down and played with the sleeve of my t-shirt.

“Okay. I don’t know about all of you,” I stated as the remainder of the bands came in. “But I am sharing a bunk with Adam. And don’t say a word or I’ll re-break your nose,” I told Matt as he went to say something with a smug look on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but sweet. Next is Ashley's