Status: Expect faster updates starting Sunday night.

Her Only Hope

Nicky

Later that night Emma sat up in bed, unable to sleep. She was still shivering from the cold rain earlier and she couldn’t stop sneezing. She smiled softly thinking of the new friend she had made. Tanner was such a nice boy, she thought. She couldn’t wait for their play date. She jumped when she couldn’t suppress a loud sneeze.

“Emma?” She heard from her doorway.

“Sorry Nicky. I didn’t mean to wake you up.” She said softly.

He smiled, turned on her light and sat down beside her. “It’s alright. I bet you have a cold from playing in the rain today.” She placed his hand on her forehead and frowned. “Yeah you do feel pretty warm. Let’s go get you some medicine.” He pulled back her covers and lifted her into his arms.

~<3~

Soon Emma was back in bed with medicine in her system. As Nick tucked her quilt around her she kissed his cheek. “Thank you Nick.” she smiled.

Nick blushed and smiled widely at her first time showing affection towards him. “Anytime Em.”

“Hey Nick? I couldn’t sleep. I keep seeing my d-dad.” Emma said, stumbling over her words.

“You don’t need to worry Em, he’s no where near us. He can’t get you. We wont let him.”

“But, I saw him. At the restaurant.” She frowned looking down. “I’m afraid he’s going to take me away from my family.” A single tear fell down her cheek and Nick quickly wiped it away.

“Is that why you wouldn’t talk?” he asked.

She simply nodded and hugged her older brother tightly. Nick sighed thinking of ways to tell his parents without them totally freaking out. He sat with his sister until he was sure she was asleep and he slipped away. He made his way back to his room and shot Big Rob a quick text that he knew Rob would read as soon as he awoke. He plugged his phone into its charger and sat on his bed with his head in his hands. He prayed everything would turn out all right. It just had too.
♠ ♠ ♠
HOLYYY MOOO COOWW A CHAPTER!!!!!! teehee. Comments make me happy! IM BACKKKKK!