Tonight, We Collide

Park

“There was this band once, every time you heard them, saw them, your heart would freeze," Said a young women.

“What happened to that band?” Asked a little boy.

“They got famous," The woman responded.

“Isn’t that what’s supposed to happen?” Questioned the little boy.

“Yes, but not to them," She said looking down.

“What do you mean Mommy?”

“They were special hunny, and fame, fame made them mean.”

“Mommy, how do you know this?”

“I just do hunny,”

The woman sitting next to her son sighed, moving a peice of her dark brown hair, her young eyes lost in an old memory. She wasn’t very old, only 26 or so, but her aqua eyes held the wisdom of a sixtey year old.

“Mommy?” Asked her son softly.

“Yes?” She answered still lost in the memory.

“What was there name?” The boy whispered excitedly.

“Fall Out Boy dear,” The mother responded, her heart nearlyh stopping at the name.

“Did you love them?”

“More than you know.”

The little boy, who had scruffy black hair, and hazel eyes ran off. He leaped into the sand box and landed on his knees with a giggle. He picked up fistfuls of sand and started to throw them into a little girls hair.

“Peter!” The mother scolded. He smiled at her innocently.

“Sowwy Mommy!”

She sighed, wiping away a tear. “It’s alright hunny, just, play nice.”

She turned back to the magazine in her hands, the infamous Pete Wentz’s face plastered to its pages. He was married, and about to have a child. The woman was happy for him, it was what he had always wanted, besides fame. She flipped the page, not liking the man’s eyes staring absently at her. She wondered what had happened, how they had changed. But deep down she didn’t want the answer, some things were better left unsaid.

She stood gathering her things. “Pete, come on, lets go home hunny,”

“Mommy!!! I don’t wanna!” She sighed putting down her bag.

“You can’t live in the park Peter,” Her voice only slightly more stern.

“Yes I can!” He said running away.

“Peter!” She called, her legs moving mechanically as she chased the six year old.

The little boy ran faster, his small body and legs carrying him threw the crowds. The woman thought it odd that such a crowd was in a park, but thought nothing of it as she ran after her fleeting son.

“Peter Gerard I swear I will take away Spaceballs for a week-”

She stoppecd abrupty seeing her son in the hands of another man. Her eyes wide in fear, and realization hitting her as to why the park was so crowded.

“Look Mommy! I found that boy you were talking about! He isn’t mean!” The little boy said with a giggle. The woman held her breath in fear.

“Tara,” The man holding the boy breathed.

“Pete,” She said in fear.

“Is this your?”

“Yeah, he is, can I have him back?” She asked softly. Pete handed the boy over. Tara wrapped her arms protectively around him. Small tears shedding.

“Mommy! Don’t cry! I promise not to runnaway again! And I’ll leave the park whenever you want! And I won’t try to live in it I promise!” The little boy cried.

Tara sniffled, “I know honey, I know, I was just worried,” She turned around, letting the fans envelope the boy she once knew.

“Tara!” She thought she heard in the distance. But she knew it was only a distant dream, a dream of an old lost memory.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is new, and I've always like this story and its been sititng on my computer for a while.
More up tonight, especially if I get comments =]
Free Nuvibe Coffee for everyone!