Tonight, We Collide

Run

Patrick had thrown the guys out as soon as he realized whose side they were really on. They never said a word, but he could see it in their eyes. They wanted to help Tara. They were the enemy.

Patrick hadn't worked his whole life to get Tara to love him, to marry her, just to have her be a smart ass and walk out. He thought he had put out that fire known as her spirit.

But boy was he wrong.

He paced further in the basement, trying desperately to figure out a way to get his family back. He would not fall apart. He was Patrick Stump, he had everything he could've wanted in life, and no one would take that away.

Even if he had to kill the stupid bitch.

-----------

Tara woke the next morning to the sound of soft knocking on her motel room door. She groggily rolled out of bed and smiled lightly at Peter who was still passed out.

She cautiously looked threw the peep hole and was relieved to see Joe and Andy waiting outside the room.

She opened the door and beckoned them in quickly, she motioned for them to remain silent as they all walked into the small bathroom.

Tara quickly locked the door and looked at her friends, she let out a long sigh.

"He's psycho," She started looking at all of them, "He was in an uproar about how Peter was his legally, and how much of an idiot he was, I couldn't handle him verbally assaulting Peter like he had done to me, I snapped," Tara said looking at Joe and Andy. They both nodded in assurance.

"I think thats the most you've said in ten years," Joe said with a small smile. He hugged his sister crushing her to his chest.

"I've missed you," He said continuing to hold her.

"It was like living with Mom again," She said letting tears stream down her cheeks.

"Everyday was like being a child again, all the yelling and commanding." She shuddered.

Joe pushed her away and held her firmly by the shoulders, "Patrick never hit you did he?" He questioned serious.

"No," Tara said shaking her head.

Andy looked at them both, "He's planning something Tara, you need to get out of the state," He said folding his arms.

Tara looked bewildered. "What do you mean?"

"Patrick, he's going psycho, he wants you and Peter back. He's not the same guy, you need to run" Andy said putting his hands into his pockets.

He dug out a large was of bills and handed it to Tara, "This is five thousand dollars, Pete, Joe, and I all took the liberty of putting this together last night," He handed her the bills along with a set of car keys.

"Take my car, get Peter and go, go somewhere Pat wouldn't find you, and do it quick," Andy pleaded.

Tara let her eyes fill with tears. "Does Pete know about...?" She let the question hang in the air.

"As soon as we get word that your safe, we're going to tell him," Joe said softly.

"He need to know encase...." Joe couldn't finish his sentence.

"Encase something happens to you," Andy said grimly for him.

"You wouldn't think?" She questioned in horror at the thought of Patrick actually killing her.

"Yes, yes we do, Pat isn't stable, and if he were to do it, Peter would be his, and no one would be able to challenge it, so if we tell Pete, he has legal right to file for Peter to be put into his custody," Andy rambled.

Tara sat down on the edge of the cracked tub. She looked down, "You boys have really thought this one out haven't you?" She questioned.

They both nodded grimly. "Get a new cell phone wherever you settle, and call us briefly, we'll fill you in on whats happening." Joe said hugging his sister.

Tara stood and hugged Andy. She walked them out and watched them enter Joe's car. She watched as they drove away and didn't go back inside until their car had completely vanished form her line of vision.

She took deep breaths as she tried to calm herself. She looked around the messy room and started to throw things into her and Peter's suitcases.

She was making quiet a racket as she stole the motel's towels and soaps, figuring they could use them on the long drive.

"Mom?" Peter questioned from under the pillows.

"We're leaving," She said, her voice strong and determined.

"Pack your things, steal a pillow, we're leaving Illinois forever."

Peter only nodded as he helped his mother pack up what little they had of their life left. He knew that this was coming, and he knew they would keep running away from Patrick, and he was okay with that.

As long as his mother was free, he was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? I didn't get any for the last one. =[