Tonight, We Collide

As in Gerard Way?

“Mommy?”

“Yes Pete?” Tara asked the little boy, whose hand was connected to hers,

“That man had the same name as me,” He said swinging his arm as they walked towards the park.

“I know.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know honey. It’s a common name.” She said sighing.

“What’s common?”

“Never mind honey, go play,” She said letting go of her son’s hand. The boy leaped into the sandbox, like the day before, and attempted to make a sand angel.

Tara took her usual spot on the bench. She leafed threw an old magazine, her mind in other places. She remembered the old days, when her best friends were her biggest concern, and going to school was just an everyday thing. She thought of how her life seemed so simple. She looked around the small park, it wasn’t the best part of Wilmette, but she trusted it. It had housed her when she was a renegade teenager. It felt like home.
It was odd to to Tara, calling a run down park home, but it was. She watched her son build a mound of sand and crush it. She had the tyke when she was only twenty, barely old enough to drink, barely out of high school. The little boy had changed so much for her, and he didn’t even know it.

Tara had worked nights in a diner while pregnant with the boy, trying her hardest to put a life together. She never told the father, he had left the day after the intercourse, he would never remember. Although Tara had nothing now, her parents disowning her when they found there daughter pregnant. She only loved the little boy throwing sand at bunnies.

“Peter! I told you yesterday not to throw sand!” She said with a laugh at the boys ‘caught’ expression.

“But! You told me not to throw at the girl and-”

“Yes, but a bunny is a living creature too!”

“Wow, you don’t change.”

Tara jumped and put her hand to her chest at the familiar voice. The toddler giggled, triumphant in getting out of trouble. He ran off to the slides.

“Hello Pete,” Tara said watching her son walk up to the slides.

Pete sat down next to her, sipping Starbucks, the steam present in the October chill.

“So how old is he?” Pete asked looking ahead. He wore a heavy black jacket and gloves, Tara had to stop herself from laughing.

“He’s six on Halloween,” She said looking as her son attempted the monkey bars.

“Wow.” Pete said quietly.

“Life changed a lot, but we’re good.”

“So I take it your married?” He said, his face crest fallen.

“No-” She said shaking her head, “-But I heard you are,”

“Yeah-” He said his face lighting up. “I’m gonna be a daddy!” He said excited.

“I’m sure you’ll do fabulous,” Tara said, her throat tightening.

“Thanks, doesn’t seem like you’ve done to bad a job yourself.”

“I try,” She stood gathering her bag.

“Peter, let’s go honey, you need to take a nap before I drop you-” She didn’t get to finish. Pete had made a spluttering sound as coffee came flying out of his mouth.

“Wait, you named him Peter?”

Tara’s face got hot, “Let’s go sweetie”

“Mommy! I don’t wanna!!” The boy cried hanging from the monkey bars.

“Peter Gerard-”
“Alright! Don’t use my middle name mommy!”

“Wait, wait!” Pete said form behind her. “You named him Peter Gerard? As in Gerard Way? Are you some obsessed fan girl now Tara? I took you for different-”

“Shut up Pete.”

The man didn’t avoid her warning, just continued. “I knew you had a crush on me when we were younger, but jeez, you became obsessed? Your sister told me-”

“Leave me and my son alone Wentz, or I will castrate you.” Tara picked up her son, not waiting for him to come to her, she could feel him protest.

“Bye bye Petey!” He called giggling.

Tears dropped from Tara’s eyes as she walked home. She knew he had changed she told herself that countless times before, but seeing it in the flesh hurt more.

She didn’t bother to go home, only to get on the bus for work. Tara had decide Peter would sleep at the diner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another one
Comments my dears =]