Tonight, We Collide

Ten Years Later

Ten Years Later

Tara starred into the sink, her reflection mirroring her lost face. She was thinking of the day when she had gone to meet Patrick at the diner. The day when they decided her fate.

She never expected Patrick to marry her, not in a million years. She never knew the burning love he had held within his heart for years. After the day at the diner, Patrick helped her out, she grew to love him, and they got married.

Now everyone believed there story of Peter being Patrick’s son, that Pat and Tara had hooked up a little while before they left. They accepted that Peter was named Peter because f Tara’s grandfather, and Gerard after one of Patrick’s late Grandfather’s.

They all believed it, the whole lie that was Tara’s life.

She was happy, that much she knew. She had everything she needed for Peter, love, a father, money. They all lived in a nice two story home on the upper part of Wilmette. They were happy, or at least that’s what she thought.

As Tara washed the dishes she thought back to seeing Pete, of the way her heart used to swell when he smiled at her. She thought of it every time she washed the dishes, and she had to push the feelings to the side. Tara loved Patrick, and she reminded herself everyday.

A pair of arms wrapped around her waist, and Tara gave out a small squeal as her husband kissed her cheek softly, and just held her. Patrick hummed a soft tune into her ear, holding on to the only women he had ever loved.

Patrick had always loved Tara, he had thought he would never get his chance. He was always in Pete’s shadow when they were younger. She only had eyes for Pete.

But now he had everything he wanted, even if the son he loved wasn’t actually his biologically, but legally Peter was.

“Oh ew, Mom, Dad, get a room,” Peter said walking into the room. He had grown a lot in the past ten years, he was on the shorter side, and he had a full head of black hair that flew in different directions. Peter was sweaty and wearing a soccer uniform, having just arrived home from practice.

“My dear boy we are in a room,” Patrick said with a smile kissing Tara’s cheek again.

“He’s right Pete, your the one who walked in on us,” Tara said chuckling.

Pete put a hand over his eyes, “I don’t need to see how babies are made, I already know, so I’m going to walk into my room and pretend this never happened.” Pete ran off towards his room.

Tara turned around facing Patrick and pressed her lips up against his. They kissed patiently for a moment, there lips crushing against each others like waves. When they broke apart they smiled happily.

“Tonight everyone is coming over for dinner,” Patrick reminded Tara.

Tara sighed, Pete would be here with Ashley and Bronx, it still killed er to see him happy with another son, another son who wasn’t her little boy.

“That should be fun,” Tara said cheerfully. Patrick saw threw it but didn’t say anything.

Peter sat in his bathroom, looking at his reflection, he could hear his parents talking about the get together later. He could hear the false cheer in his mothers voice.

She knew she wasn’t happy, and as he looked at himself in the mirror, something told him that Patrick wasn’t his father.
♠ ♠ ♠
Told you it'd be juicy.