Tonight, We Collide

were only happy for so long

Tara knew from the moment her son slammed the front door that he finally knew the truth. It took all of the will in her to not let the hot tears that lingered in her tear ducts to come out.

She knew this would happen eventually, and she had hoped to tell her son herself, but now Tara feared he'd do something stupid.

"Baby, what's wrong with Pete?" patrick asked as he set the table.

Tara could bary breath as she held a dish rag tightly, her hands almost tearing the cloth.

"He knows Pat," She whispered quietly, voice so small it could be mistaken for a mouse's.

"What do you mean he knows?" Patrick said harshly, Tara flinched away from his words like knives.

"He wouldn't be this angry if it was something small, someone told him the truth, I can just tell." She whispered turning around.

Patrock didn't get a chance to respond as of Joe waslking into the kitchen a grim look painted across his face.

"Look," he started cautiosly, "He figured most of it out on his own, Im sorry, but I just helped put the pieces togetherK Joe stated ashamed.

"Its fine Joe, he needed to know" Tara murmered from inside the kitchen.

Joe nodded sympathetically, "I'll go look for him," He volunteered.

"Check the park, he doesn't thinks I know, but he goes there to think" Tara said continuing to cook, trying to busy herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its short im in school and doing this on my sidekick
Comment?