Don't Fall

Chapter 1

I looked around cautiously. I had to be quick. I sprang as fast as I could and it grumbled underneath me. I flashed it my teeth and bit down with much force. It groaned louder, then softly stopped with a final “huff”. I declawed myself from the creature and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. I Straightened out my white tank top and blue skinny jeans. I got up and walked away in my black pumps feeling refreshed and satisfied. I ran back to my car and jumped in and drove onto the highway acting as if nothing happened. I smiled smugly and swerved around a car.

Ayden Miles.That’s me. Born on February 25th 1920. Well born into the immortal world. I actually forgot my real date of birth so this would do. I’ve been 18 my whole immortal life. Strikingly beautiful with pale skin and gold eyes. I’ve lived on my own most of my life. Fitting in wherever I could. I sometimes saw and spent time with traveling vampires in search for mortal blood. I couldn’t kill someone. It just wasn’t in me. No matter how much the thirst burnt my throat I couldn’t kill someone who I used to be like. I wasn’t a normal vampire. If that makes sense… I am the strongest vampire to exist. Even ask the Volturi. I refused to be with them because they fed on humans. So that left me wandering and alone.

I stopped at a stoplight and turned into a gas station. I pulled my black Mercedes next to one of the pumps and put the money and pump in. I waited patiently on the hood of my car playing with my keys.

The pump clicked and I took it out. I looked at my surroundings and found many eyes on me. I guess this was a small town. I looked at road maps and found I was in a town called Forks. Like the utensil. I smiled at my witty remark and turned onto the main road. I kept driving until I saw a strange bend off the side of the road. I stopped my car and stared down the long drive of greenery. I caught a scent of vampire. Wait, vampire?
I sat there longer and tried to decipher what exactly I was picking up.

Yeah that was vampire.

I stopped and sat there silently. More vampires? I debated on what I should do. Should I drive? No. Run? No. I’ve come to close. I turned the ignition off and opened my door and started to run down the drive. I expected an open field but found a spacious house with many windows. The scent was getting stronger. Like it was right beyond the doors of the house.

Oh no. vampires were in there killing a human family. I managed to pick out 7 different scents. I acted. I ran into the house silently and looked around and found it empty. I heard a creak and snapped my head to the right to find a dainty vampire with short hair looking at me with admiration. I hissed at her and her mouth turned slightly upward.

“calm down Ayden.” She said calmly and walked down the rest of a staircase.
“who are you? Why are you hurting the humans?” I snarled
She laughed a melody.
“silly Ayden. This is my house.” She replied
I looked at her puzzled. Then I realized I couldn’t smell a human for miles.
“you live here?” I asked.
She nodded gracefully. “all 7 of us. Carlisle will be excited to meet you!”
With that she was gone. I looked at the staircase where she was and turned my head slightly to the right. I saw a figure move. I decided to stand my ground.
I hissed.
“calm down there tiger.” A boy with brown hair said to me. He was a big guy.
“don’t come near me. You make me uncomfortable and paranoid.” I spat between my clenched teeth
“fine fine…” he replied. Then he sprang.
He got on my back and tried to take me down. With one swift movement I shot up and him pinned between my legs with his arms pinned above his head.
“holy sh-“
“Emmett, who is your friend?” a man with blonde hair asked.
I got off of him and stood to face him.
“I’m Ayden Miles. I’m sorry to intrude I thought you were feeding off of a human house…”I said
“ah. No worries. A simple misunderstanding. I’m Dr. Carlisle Cullen.” He said with a gorgeous smile.
I nodded politely then four people walked into the room.
“hello. I’m Ayden Miles.” I said
“Oh Ayden this will be great!”the dainty one said and hugged me. I twitched a bit and tensed up.

Why was she hugging me?

I saw a boy with brown hair and gold eyes give me a smug smile.
I glared. I didn’t like the way he was looking at me.
“you must forgive Alice. She sees fragments of the future.” Dr. Cullen said.
I nodded
“will you stay awhile longer. We have some talking to do.” Alice said brightly.
“I’m sorry I was on my way somewhere…”I said trying to think of something
“oh stop. Your staying. I can already see it.” she said and smiled.
I looked at her a bit puzzled.
“this is Jasper, Rosalie, Esme, Emmett, and Edward.” She said pointing at each person.
“hello.” I said
“where are you from?” Esme asked me.
I stopped and thought for a moment.
“I travel a lot. I really don’t have a permanent residence.” I answered
We were all sitting in the living room.
“you’re eyes. They are gold. You a vegetarian?” Dr. Cullen asked me
“yes. I don’t like to feed on humans.”
“Do you have any special…talents?” Esme asked.
“well by the way she easily took down Emmett I can tell you are very strong.” Dr. Cullen said with a light laugh
Emmett sulked.
I smiled. “yes. I’m proven to be the strongest vampire to exist. Well that’s what the volturi say…”
“you are with the Volturi?” Edward spoke for the first time.

I looked at him and deep into his eyes. “no, I don’t like to feed on humans.”

Everyone looked at Edward somewhat shocked.

“well let’s not question her all night, Ayden will you come with me?” Edward asked politely
I looked at him and nodded once.
We walked out the front door and toward the woods. It was dusk.
I looked toward him and saw that smug smile plasteredon his face…