Seven Steps For Falling In Love

Step I: Meeting Him

Hayley was a dark haired girl and brown eyes living her everyday life in a city on the state of California.

Like every girl of her age, she went to school, killing her brain, little by little every morning; luckily enough she had her volley practice that brought energy back to her spirit.

It was 8 a.m. and she was at the bus stop, waiting for her friend to pick her up. Friend that was late, most of the time. Her name was Faith, with curly hair and always too late! Oh, there she was, on her black, second hand, Toyota, that she called Bubbles.

“Are you getting in, or what?” She said as soon as she stopped in front of Hayley.

“You’re the one arriving late!”

“Sorry, you see, this old lady was crossing, her hands filled with trash bags-“

“It could be the Pope asking for a ride! I don’t care, you’re late!”

“Sorry.”

It was half an hour to get to the private school they were in, Hayley hated the uniforms, it was like seeing clones of you everywhere you looked, always she same skirt and blouse, and jacket, and shoes…

“You know, there are three new guys in school, one of them is going to be our class mate! I hope he’s cute.” Faith didn’t look sick of the uniforms at all, just mention hot guys and her day is brighter.

“You’re hopeless.”

“No, I see beauty in everything in life, you should do the same, life would be so much lighter-“ just then, Faith’s all time crush appeared, his locker not too far away, “my day can’t start without seeing perfection,” and she sighed.

He’s name was Steven and his family owned a travel agency, he was just another guy in school, the only activity he was in was free running, as he called it, and it wasn’t even official, but he had muscles, a pretty face, long hair and a smile that brought Hayley’s friend to her knees, he wasn’t the only one though…

“Hey Stevie Weigie, how are you today?” Julia, the ultimate bitch, had a crush on him since last year, and when Faith found out…

“That cow, that baboon! Of all the people in school.”

“It’s not like you do anything to stop her.”

“That’s right!” Oh huh, It was never a good thing when her face lighted up like that, “the captain of the volley team is missing two players in the male team right?”

“Faith don’t-”

Too late.

“Hey, you’re Steven, right? Well, you still didn’t choose any activity, so I was thinking-“

“Faith, I’m leaving,” she didn’t listen, and Hayley just walked away, their class would be on the other side of school and she didn’t like being late.

On her way there she saw a guy trying to arrange his locker, not being very successful, a pile of books in his arms, a bag on the floor, and thousands sheets of paper everywhere; she only noticed that his hair was curly and moved on, figuring it was the new kid, she didn’t went far though, in less than nothing she was on the floor, drown in paper, and the boy fallen over her.

“I’m sorry! I’m sooo sorry, here let me help you up,” he barely helped himself, Hayley was on her feet faster than him, and already gathering some books, it was safer if she helped him, “I’m sorry, you don’t need to help me, I’m new here. My name’s Nick, by the way.”

“Hayley.”

“Cute name. Sorry! I didn’t mean to compare you to a dog or something, what’s wrong with me, I’m never like this, and I’m never this clumsy!”

Hayley laughed and looked at him, this time for real, and her feet were stuck to the ground. Besides the curly hair, he had the warmest brown eyes and a flawless (for her) face; her hands were trembling, her heart beating fast and she had to hold on to the locker so she wouldn’t fall down.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story was made as a pesent of a friend of mine, Marronita, check her stories, they're great!