Seven Steps For Falling In Love

Step III: Making A Small Move

Friday, the best day of the week, classes ended early and usually volley practice was funnier, since everyone had their spirits high for the weekend, so Hayley would usually spend her day looking forward to it, but this time was different, this time when she woke up, the first thought of her mind, that she said out loud was…

“I hope I’ll be able to talk to him today.” Oh no, she couldn’t say his name, not without feeling all funny inside, even worse? Faith knew that, so when she came to get her she wouldn’t stop talking, first about Steven, then asking what was Hayley’s plan for catching Nick on her net.

“He’s not a fish, Faith.”

“Of course he is, every men are fishes, even their brain is alike!”

“Even Steven’s?”

“All men, even your love-boy.”

“Honestly Faith, philosophy is not your forte.”

“Of course it isn’t, I had D in the last test, remember?”

“Well, you should have studied more,” seeing that her friend was going to answer the usual answer, that she had studied, Hayley spoke faster, “study philosophy, not math!”

“Well smart pants, why do I need philosophy? I’m going to be a hotel manager, I need Math!”

“Whatever.”

When they got to the school there were two cars entering and only one parking lot free, so Faith did what Hayley hated… she went way over the speed limit and fitted the car on the tiny spot in seconds, making her friend’s stomach flip.

“I… hate you… Faith…” Hayley said catching her breath.

“Sorry Haylie, but it was the only way of getting a place near the entrance,” and she showed her tongue to the car that just had its lot stolen and its owner was making quite a scandal from inside.

“Let’s go,” Hayley dragged her friend by the arm to school, anxious to get in and find Nick.

When she spotted him, she let go of Faith, which made her friend fall on her butt, but she barely noticed, since Nick was walking up ahead.

‘C’mon girl, call him, just don’t stand there, he’s leaving, hurry! Don’t freeze! Call him before he walks away!’

“Nick!” Her voice came out rough and barely audible, so she tried again, this time he looked back, and with a trembling hand, she waved at him, why the hell was it so hard?

He was coming, quickly, find something smart to say… closer… smart, smart, smart…

“Hi,” Answer Hayley, c’mon.

“Hi. So… huh… you really entered the volley team?” ‘So smart, you could have just shot yourself Hayley.’

“Yeah, I heard you’re in as well, it’s better to enter something where I already know a few people, we’re going to the classroom 24 isn’t it?”

“I think so.”

“You think?! I’m the new guy; shouldn’t you be the one to know where we’re going?” Hayley should just find a hole to hide now, even if he said it laughing.

“Just kidding. Of course I know where our class is, don’t worry.”

It was going to be a long day.